Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 20 2013, 07:00 PM   #16
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
The Hollywood Reporter is saying they're going to announce Superman/Batman for 2015, The Flash for 2016 and Justice League for 2017.
Very cool if true. If they're going to do another standalone, the Flash seems like the best character to do it with.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 07:13 PM   #17
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Interesting. One appealing aspect of this theory is that this is something that we have NEVER seen in live-action before: not in the serials, not on television, not in the movies. And, Lord knows, it was something that SMALLVILLE fans were constantly asking for. ("When are we going to see Bruce Wayne?" was something of an endless refrain on this very board and elsewhere.)

So, you can make a case that there's a pent-up demand to see Superman and Batman together on the big screen. (Remember that "Superman/Batman" billboard in the background of the most recent I AM LEGEND movie?)
Old July 20 2013, 07:29 PM   #18
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

I would love it if the film featured the John Blake Batman and was thus a sequel to both The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. That would be fantastic. Probably very unlikely to happen, though.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 07:30 PM   #19
Christopher
Writer

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Interesting. One appealing aspect of this theory is that this is something that we have NEVER seen in live-action before: not in the serials, not on television, not in the movies.
You know, you're right? Superman wasn't even in the Legends of the Superheroes comedy specials that teamed Adam West and Burt Ward with other Justice Leaguers and villains. His movie franchise was starting up around that time, so the specials couldn't get the rights to use him (or Wonder Woman, who had her own show).

Batman was a frequent guest on the Superman radio show in the '40s, mainly filling in for Superman when Bud Collyer was on vacation. But other than that, they've only met in animation.

And, Lord knows, it was something that SMALLVILLE fans were constantly asking for. ("When are we going to see Bruce Wayne?" was something of an endless refrain on this very board and elsewhere.)
Well, they gave us Bruce Wayne, but they called him Oliver Queen.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 07:34 PM   #20
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Not excited about this. I'd rather have a sequel.
I'd rather have an alternate-universe Supergirl movie.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 08:02 PM   #21
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

If Superman can use help from Lois and an AI of Jor-El in his own film, I'm sure they can find something for Batman to do.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 08:13 PM   #22
Christopher
Writer

^"Help?" Jor-El, Lois, Col. Hardy, and Professor Hamilton were the true heroes of MoS. Superman was their sidekick and errand boy. He went through the whole movie doing what other people instructed him to do -- Jonathan, Jor-El, some random priest, even Zod. He didn't exactly demonstrate a lot of skill at independent decision-making. If he can't outgrow that, then he's definitely going to need Batman to do his thinking for him.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 08:20 PM   #23
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Based off of MoS, I'm guessing we'll see Batman grab a pistol and outright shoot someone in this movie.
Oh, so 1930s Batman.

Will this be before of after he dumps someone in one acid vats that can be found all over 1930s Gotham?
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 09:20 PM   #24
Llama
Captain

I'd rather have MoS2 first, then Superman/Batman introducing a new Batman. I feel the new Superman needs to really establish himself first before we get a Worlds Finest team-up
Old July 20 2013, 09:33 PM   #25
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

CONFIRMED - one million news articles to follow.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 09:35 PM   #26
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Press release says Cavill, Adams, Lane and Fishburne are confirmed to return and that a new Batman will be cast. Here's the logo they showed at Comic-Con.

According to io9 Harry Lennix joined Snyder onstage for the annoucement and read the following dialogue:

I want you to remember, Clark… in all the years to come… in your most private moments… I want you to remember… my hand… at your throat… I want… you to remember… the one man who beat you.
It's from The Dark Knight Returns. Snyder said the movie won't be an adaptation of it, but it'll be inspired by it.
Old July 20 2013, 09:48 PM   #27
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I'll just leave this here.
Old July 20 2013, 10:00 PM   #28
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

I think it's a very exciting idea, I just hope they get a team of good people behind it. I liked both Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises, flawed messes that they admittedly are.

I'm more excited by the prospect that they've thrown away Nolan continuity. Maybe now we can get an immortal Ra's al Ghul?
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 10:01 PM   #29
Skywalker
Admiral

Woot! I was hoping they'd do a World's Finest movie (well, it's not technically confirmed to be World's Finest yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least borrow some ideas from that) prior to any sort of Justice League movie. I can't wait to see who they cast as the new Batman; and hopefully this iteration will embrace his comic book roots a bit more than the Batman of the Dark Knight trilogy did. A tone similar to the Arkham games would be ideal, IMO.

I'm also loving the announcement of a Flash film. I'm kinda surprised they're not doing a Wonder Woman film, too, but I guess they're still a little squeamish about that idea. I'm also confident that they'll introduce either a recast Hal Jordan or one of the other human Green Lanterns in Justice League.

Exciting times!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 10:07 PM   #30
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Here's the press release:

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”