Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old July 19 2013, 06:20 PM   #61
DCR
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star trek: Continues Fan Series

I enjoyed the episode, but I have to agree that STC really seems to be pushing the hard sell.

Given that it has to be a non-profit fan production I don't see what they can be selling, but they sure act like a high-pressure sales team. I just hope their tactics don't lead to a crackdown.
DCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 07:07 AM   #62
Tulin
Vice Admiral

In what way are they selling?

I saw it on Youtube - didn't cost me a thing!
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 06:48 PM   #63
DCR
Lieutenant Commander

Tulin wrote: View Post
In what way are they selling?

I saw it on Youtube - didn't cost me a thing!
You're right; they aren't selling anything. However, they seem to be acting like salespeople, which brings up the question of why?

Why are they aggressively pushing good reviews and publicity, while sometimes appearing to disparage the rest of the fan film community?

Those are the kinds of things sales teams usually do. But if you're not selling, why act that way?

People don't understand some of their behavior, so they're trying to figure it out.
DCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 07:57 PM   #64
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Maybe the better term is "aggressively promoting".
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 07:12 PM   #65
TrekGirl
Ensign

View TrekGirl's Twitter Profile

I thought maybe that they are just trying to keep people's interest until they can get another episode out. Fanning the flames, so to speak.
TrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 04:56 AM   #66
Maurice
Vice Admiral

TrekGirl wrote: View Post
I thought maybe that they are just trying to keep people's interest until they can get another episode out. Fanning the flames, so to speak.
Beats flaming the fans.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Old August 18 2013, 05:34 AM   #67
Warped9
Admiral

I really enjoyed the first STC episode, "Pilgrim Of Eternity." They recently announced the title of their next episode called "A Lesson In Peace." I don't know if that's a working title or the actual one.

The first episode wasn't perfect, but nothing ever is. Mignona really impressed me overall as Kirk, but I'd rather see Kirk more as he was in 1st and 2nd season, but I understand making him more like 3rd season so as to maintain that sense of continuity and picking up where TOS left off.

I've watched the episode a number of times and noticed other things that slipped by me before and most of that is in a good way. The casting might be a bit hit-and-miss, but they might gel more with each production.

I loved hearing the TOS music again. And I LOVED Doug Drexler's Enterprise model. For me he far surpassed CBS' efforts in TOS-R.

I'm looking forward to the next production. I just wish I could think of a way to contribute besides a donation of support.
Old August 20 2013, 05:31 AM   #68
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

DCR wrote: View Post
Why are they aggressively pushing good reviews and publicity, while sometimes appearing to disparage the rest of the fan film community?
Well, on that topic, Vic Mignogna has been talking to people who worked on STC and who are set to work on Star Trek: Axanar and telling them not to work for me. He has been lying as he always does, making up stuff, and those people, since they know me, have all told me what is up.

Vic burned EVERYONE at Star Trek Phase II and Starship Ajax. His reputation is not very good.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 03:53 PM   #69
Robert Simmons
Commander

View Robert Simmons's Twitter Profile

Loken wrote: View Post
Well, on that topic, Vic Mignogna has been talking to people who worked on STC and who are set to work on Star Trek: Axanar and telling them not to work for me. He has been lying as he always does, making up stuff, and those people, since they know me, have all told me what is up.

Vic burned EVERYONE at Star Trek Phase II and Starship Ajax. His reputation is not very good.

Alec
I'll second all that Alec.
Old August 21 2013, 06:48 PM   #70
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder

Family Dog wrote: View Post
Loken wrote: View Post

Alec
I'll second all that Alec.
And I can third that. AJAX got SCREWED.Best Wishes to Vic's partners at Farragut, no offense to them at all...but hey, truth to power, man.

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 06:05 AM   #71
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Here we go again...
—Glen Larson, 2010
Old August 23 2013, 02:14 PM   #72
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Maurice wrote: View Post
Here we go again...
I'm on this, Maurice, to keep this thread from becoming all about the frigging behind-the-scenes drama.

I would be grateful if posters would "not go there." (There are better places to go.)
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 02:39 PM   #73
Warped9
Admiral

They had a story contest and announced the winner with the title of the winning story called "A Lesson In Peace." Now I'm curious as to what the story might be about and if we'll get fed any tidbits.

"A Lesson In Peace" suggests a story of conflict. Klingons or Romulans or something else perhaps?

Doug Drexler did an admirable job with rendering the Enterprise. I'd love to see what he'd do with a Klingon or Romulan ship or even a shuttlecraft. But that's just cosmetic (though still nice to see). I'm really curious as to what will be in the next episode.
Old August 23 2013, 06:40 PM   #74
BrentMc
Lieutenant Commander

One of the things that bothers me about Star Trek are the stories about the actors not getting along. I think making a fan-film should be fun. I would like to watch a fan film made by people who had fun and enjoyed working together. Any suggestions?
BrentMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 07:26 PM   #75
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile

BrentMc wrote: View Post
One of the things that bothers me about Star Trek are the stories about the actors not getting along. I think making a fan-film should be fun. I would like to watch a fan film made by people who had fun and enjoyed working together. Any suggestions?
Definitely. Star Trek: Intrepid. Not only does it look like they have fun but they have a love for Trek for Trek's sake, not for attention or glory. Their last episode had a special guest character we all know and love.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote