Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 14 2013, 12:34 AM   #436
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Re: Orson Scott Card "Please don't boycott my film!"

I love it when bigots hide behind stuff like "hey it's just a political opinion". I'd laugh in the face of someone trying to justify a law against whites and blacks marrying (which btw used the same word for word arguments that the anti-SSM today are using) and be like "why are you upset with me about that!??!?! It's just a political opinion!". No, tax rates are a political opinion. Even healthcare

You don't try and actively stop other groups of people from marrying each other in a way that never effects you in any real unless you're driven by something darker. OSC has said and written some UGLY things about gay people.

And now that society is moving past his bigotry, HE's asking for "tolerance". Tt's like someone turned the lights on and roaches are scurrying away from the lights.

People really seem to have a problem facing the consequences. Nobody's throwing your bigoted ass in jail for saying hateful things. You have the freedom to be a hateful bigot (and I do say hateful when you look at the things OSC has SPECIFICALLY said about this issue).... and other people have the freedom to be disgusted by it, not buy things that benefit you, and ask others not to.

Last edited by Stone_Cold_Sisko; July 14 2013 at 12:44 AM.
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2013, 12:44 AM   #437
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Has he admitted that he's wrong? Convicitonlessly flipflopped his opinion to reflect the vocal majority like a good sheep?

What if Orson released a gay sex tape to counter all this bad press?

"I tried it, there were some extremely curious moments, but it's not for me right now."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2013, 12:49 AM   #438
Whitepaper
Ensign

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Has he admitted that he's wrong? Convicitonlessly flipflopped his opinion to reflect the vocal majority like a good sheep?

What if Orson released a gay sex tape to counter all this bad press?

"I tried it, there were some extremely curious moments, but it's not for me right now."
He's a writer so he'll write a book instead, he'll watch a few films and read a couple of books for research's sake. Ender's game re-written that way.
Whitepaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 09:18 PM   #439
publiusr
Commodore

That would be funny. I don't like the character of Shylock--but I still like Shakespeare. Ender isn't that level, but I go by the quality of film. Frankly the Honorverse politics are more grating on a consistant level.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote