Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old January 3 2013, 03:34 PM   #1
JJohnson
Captain

First Contact Dress Uniform used in a wedding

I was hoping someone here can help me. My girlfriend and I were talking about 'geek weddings' and she saw one a while back where the groom wore the First Contact dress uniform, Gandalf was the priest, their niece was dressed as Frodo the Ringbearer, the bride as an elf (she thinks), and there were Stormtroopers and other sci-fi costumes in it. I cannot for the life of me find the website where this was. Has anyone else heard of this?

Last edited by JJohnson; January 3 2013 at 06:23 PM.
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2013, 06:39 PM   #2
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Re: First Contact Dress Uniform used in a wedding

I haven't heard of this one in particular, but using the Insurrection dress uniform was quite common at the weddings that occurred on the bridge at STTE.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2013, 06:00 PM   #3
JJohnson
Captain

This is the link:

http://starfleet1701st.yuku.com/topi...iform-plus-cos
Old July 6 2013, 12:54 PM   #4
TheSubCommander
Captain

I love Halloween, seeing people dress up for comic con, and all sorts of geeky things, BUT...a wedding? Call me traditionalist, or even old, but that is a bit much. Not only does it cheapen the meaning of the event, but how silly and immature will the wedding photos look in 10+ years when you are dressed as Captain Picard, flanked by a jedi, stormtroopers and the tooth fairy, and married by Gandalf!

Might as well save some money, and go to a drive thru wedding and get married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas!
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2013, 01:07 PM   #5
hIndsIght
Ensign

TheSubCommander wrote: View Post
I love Halloween, seeing people dress up for comic con, and all sorts of geeky things, BUT...a wedding? Call me traditionalist, or even old, but that is a bit much. Not only does it cheapen the meaning of the event, but how silly and immature will the wedding photos look in 10+ years when you are dressed as Captain Picard, flanked by a jedi, stormtroopers and the tooth fairy, and married by Gandalf!

Might as well save some money, and go to a drive thru wedding and get married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas!
So, in other words, the line must be drawn here! This far, no further!
hIndsIght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Tom Riley
Commodore

View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley

I wouldn't go THAT far with a wedding. Although I may incorporate sci-fi/Star Trek elements here or there, I'd probably go mostly down the traditional route with it. But for someone who's that into it... Go for it.

I've gotta say though, that is one damn perfectly made dress uniform.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 07:57 PM   #7
Pavonis
Commodore

Yes, the quality of the attire is admirable. Most costumes look badly made and/or poorly fitting. For a wedding, whatever you choose to wear, it had better fit well and flatter you, because when you look back at it, you'll want to remember how great you used to look.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 08:50 PM   #8
JJohnson
Captain

Personally - traditional tuxedo and bowtie (which are cool, btw). I might have something Trek hidden on the tux or in the church, definitely on the groom's cake. But the wedding for me would be as traditional as possible. I just thought this guy had an incredibly well made dress uniform.
Old July 12 2013, 10:22 PM   #9
marksound
Fleet Captain

Sorry, but I'm embarrassed for these people. :/
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Pavonis
Commodore

Why be embarrassed? If it's not something you would do, fine, but why feel anything when someone else does this? I'd never do it myself, but I don't care if someone else does it.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2013, 04:44 AM   #11
Tom Riley
Commodore

View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley

JJohnson wrote: View Post
Personally - traditional tuxedo and bowtie (which are cool, btw). I might have something Trek hidden on the tux or in the church, definitely on the groom's cake. But the wedding for me would be as traditional as possible. I just thought this guy had an incredibly well made dress uniform.
Pavonis wrote: View Post
Why be embarrassed? If it's not something you would do, fine, but why feel anything when someone else does this? I'd never do it myself, but I don't care if someone else does it.
This and this.

I'm not sure what kind of Trek things I'd put in my wedding. Probably something a little more than just a hidden thing here or there but really not anything too huge... I wouldn't really want anything too over the top in the first place because I'd already be uncomfortable being the center of attention.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2013, 04:58 AM   #12
WinstonSmith
Lieutenant Commander

Come on folks, you can't really complain about them being too nerdy. I mean, we're all here posting on a star trek bulletin board on the internet for goodness sake!

It might not be your cup of tea, but it's certainly not the worst thing in the world... It's not like it's a third reich themed paula deen plantation wedding or anything! lighten up!
WinstonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2013, 07:43 AM   #13
Green Shirt
Rear Admiral

I'm guessing, but the older couple dressed "normally" were likely the bride's parents. Since they don't appear in many photos, I assume the Stormtrooper put them out of their misery. The look on the poor woman's face says it all.

Nice costumes, BTW.