RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,722
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 794
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old July 11 2013, 07:57 AM   #91
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Stargate Universe Rewatch: Now with teacake

Sabotage:Well what the heck.. after all that WE LOST THEM drama the ship stops and they just pop back on board. That was a waste of a storyline.

It is creepy as hell in the end when Franklin has disappeared

I feel sorry for him. And I seem to remember we never see him again, though maybe I am wrong about that.

And.. let's hear it for home made goodness!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 11 2013, 02:00 PM   #92
teacake
Admiral

Pain: I think this is a decent entry in the "alien shit makes us go mad" plot lines. Greer is impressively scary, I remember the first time thinking he was really going to kill Wray. No surprises here as far as people's secret pain goes but has its atmospheric moments.

Another scene of poor James alone in her bed..

And we get a bit of Volker who now that he is getting shaggy and fattish is much hotter than when we first see him. I like looking at him so you must look at him too

And why didn't we get something thrillingly revealing about someone once they trotted out this plot? Park's darkest secret! They could have really opened someone up with this and they didn't. Claustrophobia doesn't count.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 11 2013, 03:24 PM   #93
The Wormhole
Admiral

A nice plot twist for Pain would have been that the Sombreroids (my name for the blue guys) really were behind everything, thereby making Rush the one who wasn't hallucinating. But alas.
Old July 11 2013, 09:51 PM   #94
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Pain would've been the best episode ever if it had been "Rush and Greer beat/shoot aliens/people". I, for one, went "fuck yeah" when Rush beat Scott with that pipe.
Old July 12 2013, 12:23 AM   #95
teacake
Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
A nice plot twist for Pain would have been that the Sombreroids (my name for the blue guys) really were behind everything, thereby making Rush the one who wasn't hallucinating. But alas.
That's a great idea!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 12 2013, 02:58 AM   #96
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

A couple of decent episodes. Poor Scott, both James and Rush fantasize about beating on him, did someone else also? I seem to remember a 3rd knockdown. Yea, it's a shame Pain didn't pull out at least one unexpected deep dark secret. Greer/Camille was pretty intense.

I really like Camille's Girlfriend, she's such a breath of fresh air, compared to the emotional weight of everyone else.(And Doctor Perry, too)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old July 18 2013, 01:09 PM   #97
teacake
Admiral

Subversion: Eh, I know I always bang on about this but I wish they could have left the whole baddies from Earth thing alone and invented new baddies. Still it's a decent enough drama.

Kind of odd.. why does Rush get so into figuring out the mystery of Telford? I know it was his dream but you'd think he wouldn't give a fig about all this compared to his great ship and other mysteries. I would have thought he'd say to Young, "I have important work to do, your factions and squabbles are not my concern here."

And wouldn't Rush be speaking in his own accent when in Telford's body? Of course he would.

We did get the deliciously everywhere MIKE DOPUD!

And it's nice to see O'Neill a bit.

Volker continues to get scruffier

Kiva or Keeva or whatever is just silly in her leather outfit and "I am a badass" deal.

AND again Young is an animal here. I feel sorry for Rush's body.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 18 2013, 03:02 PM   #98
The Wormhole
Admiral

Throughout the whole Lucian Alliance tries to take Destiny storyline, the Lucian Alliance themselves come off as cartoony bad guys. Randomly killing minions for not being competent enough, brutally torturing their prisoners, Kiva with her "I'm not really a bad person, I just do bad things for my people" routine, the whole thing was pretty damn silly.

And why do the Lucian Alliance care so much about Destiny? Yeah, I know there's supposed to be legends and myths about the great treasures and rewards to be found at the other end of the Stargate when you dial the nine chevron address. But based on the conversation between Rush and Varo, the Alliance know damn well that the other end of the ninth chevron leads to a run-down starship on the ass-end of the universe. Yet they still want to make a play for it since it means getting an Ancient starship. If having an Ancient ship is so damn important, wouldn't it be easier to find a way over to the Pegasus galaxy and take one of the dozens that are drifting over there?

And yeah, Rush should totally still be speaking with his Scottish accent while inside Telford's body. After all, accents are partly related to how one pronounces certain words, and Rush would still be inclined to pronounce them that way even inside another body.
Old July 19 2013, 10:51 AM   #99
teacake
Admiral

Incursion Part 1: Good thing there was a mystery in this with guy burning into powder since I'm a bit bored.

:: stares at Volker ::

I did remember suddenly that we get Mike Dopud on the ship after this and that is a HUGE plus!

And how did Young know that killing someone would debrainwash them?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 19 2013, 10:58 AM   #100
teacake
Admiral

Also I just gotta say.. I'm watching this on dvd. The recaps at the start of every episode drive me nuts. They are getting longer and longer and longer.. it's awful when you're watching it not week by week. Why the heck do they put this stuff on EVERY EPISODE of a dvd? It's not a part two. It's every single one.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 19 2013, 12:24 PM   #101
teacake
Admiral

Incursion Part 2: Young continues his idiocy. Screaming at the techies to fix the ship. Then he tells them, "Rivers is dead." Everyone looks shocked.

Who the hell is Rivers?

Okay I looked him up, he was Park's mustache lover that she cold shouldered. Well he is dead now. Wah.

All this screaming at the techies.. unlike Kirk barking at Scotty's "I canna.." there's always implied spittle. Flying out of Young's mouth. As he screams to make it all better.

Hilarious later in the ep when Park tells him, "DON'T YELL".

I'm looking forward to getting rid of these other jerks and having lots of Dopud. Riva really is a moron.

And so ends Season 1!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; July 19 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old July 19 2013, 01:45 PM   #102
The Wormhole
Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
It worked when Bra'tac did it to Teal'c in early season 5 of SG-1.
Old July 19 2013, 01:48 PM   #103
teacake
Admiral

Ah, right. I thought it must have happened some time. Thanks!

I guess Young was surprisingly useful.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 20 2013, 02:01 AM   #104
bullethead
Fleet Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
It's a random bit of continuity with SG-1, like The Wormhole said. Literally everyone, even hardcore fans, forgot it before this episode dragged it back up.

I can't wait for your rewatch of the premiere of S2 though. That was such a WTF inducing episode.
Old July 21 2013, 11:07 AM   #105
teacake
Admiral

Intervention: I loved this episode the second time around. The first time.. I was so confused. Even this time I was a little unsure. When everything started going their way early on, such as Scott and Greer (?) saved from radiation by being on the underside of the ship I thought maybe it was ALL a dream, because there was this series of ridiculously good things happening. And by the end of it the first time you watch it why shouldn't you believe that TJ's baby is somewhere safe, after all Chloe has healed bullet holes in her leg. But this time, knowing what is to come, I could see much more clearly that TJ's dream was all her wishing and desires culminating in her fear and body's knowledge the she no longer had the baby.

One big plot hole in this is no one ever shows her the baby's body, which they certainly would have saved in case she wanted to say goodbye.

The first time I watched this I fully expected TJ's baby to be alive somewhere and was totally confused when we saw the planet eventually. I had to ask wth was going on and have it explained to me It kind of drags out the sadness of TJ losing the baby.

Rush is kind of badass in this one, I enjoyed him. I have gotten over my Rush repulsion!

Also I think the injection of the new people into the crew is good at this point, especially since it's not like the viewers were in love with any of the folk we spent a whole season watching.

So I am assuming when this was written they thought they might actually find the baby again, or leave it open ended forever?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne