RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 538
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 9 2013, 07:35 AM   #16
Dream
Admiral

Re: Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

I blame "Tuvix murderer" Janeway since this is obviously her fault!
Old July 9 2013, 07:38 AM   #17
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

If you drink, then separate transporter malfunctions you're a bloody idiot.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 08:19 AM   #18
Dukhat
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post
AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
Jeri's smiled seems a little forced here. Kate looks like a goober though. Hitting the champagne pretty hard I wager.

And look at Wang there in the background, totally dominated by beautiful women!

It's shocking how much truth you can find in publicity photos.
I wouldn't quite call Robert Duncan MacNeill or Mr. Blue Clothes "beautiful women."
Old July 9 2013, 08:28 AM   #19
Dream
Admiral

Dukhat wrote: View Post
I wouldn't quite call Robert Duncan MacNeill or Mr. Blue Clothes "beautiful women."
Old July 9 2013, 08:28 AM   #20
teacake
Admiral

I hate that I WILL SPREAD MAH LEGS stance some men affect.

He looks kind of like Bela Omyx.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 9 2013, 10:07 AM   #21
AllStarEntprise
Fleet Captain

A much more natural smile. Maybe Jeri Ryan would've been happier on TNG.

Found another promotional photo. WHAT IN Q'S NAME DID I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THIS A REALITY SPIN-OFF

AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 10:09 AM   #22
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Jeri's smiled seems a little forced here. Kate looks like a goober though. Hitting the champagne pretty hard I wager.
A much more natural smile. Maybe Jeri Ryan would've been happier on TNG.
Yeah, let's interpret smiles on photographs to make wild speculations! It's like high school in here.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 10:30 AM   #23
AllStarEntprise
Fleet Captain

^ All in good fun sir.
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 10:33 AM   #24
teacake
Admiral

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
Found another promotional photo. WHAT IN Q'S NAME DID I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THIS A REALITY SPIN-OFF

Why is Jeri holding her stomach? Does she have to take a dump?

These are awful photos. Subtext = 0.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 9 2013, 10:46 AM   #25
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

They seem to have fun together.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 10:47 AM   #26
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Neat pic here http://www.treksinscifi.com/babedail...-Lucy_Jeri.jpg
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 11:07 AM   #27
teacake
Admiral

That's a very thoughtful pic Gov Kodos. As in, it gave me thoughts.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 9 2013, 05:41 PM   #28
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

I like both actresses very much and have heard them say nice things about one another in various interviews. However, I couldn't imagine that in this kind of situation that there WOULDN'T be tension on the set.

If I was the "star", for lack of a better word, of a show for three years and then suddenly, after a few seasons, they brought in someone young and sexy to boost ratings and made her a big focus, I would probably be upset too.

I am not defending anyone or saying that either was right or wrong, but to be honest...who wouldn't be upset in that circumstance?

On the same note, Jeri Ryan probably had her nerves jumbled just knowing that her joining the cast would cause tension. Like she said, being the new kid is never fun. People are used to one thing and when it gets changed, it causes tensions. Part of Jeri's "sickness" the night before scenes might have been also from her own consciousness...knowing what her role was and what Kate's role was. Kind of like paranoia possibly.

However, even if every single thing she said was completely true...was this really necessary to bring up years later? To me it's almost like throwing someone under a bus 10+ years later for no real reason. Kate admitted in an interview I watched that she felt a little bit hurt and other feelings when they brought Jeri Ryan on without directly saying anything negative or harsh about her. She often complimented Jeri's acting ability as well and constantly spoke about how she should not just be viewed as the hot borg, but as a great actress. So I think Jeri saying these things was slightly more hurtful than the things Kate has said. I am just going by various interviews since obviously we weren't there, on the set.

That said, no one knows what happened on the set except them, so we shall never really know.

This kind of thing reminds me of when I was a hardcore Laverne and Shirley fan and found out that there was tons of tension on the set and fighting between Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams, the two main stars. But even through all of that, they always constantly spoke about how they had the utmost respect for one another at all times. And now years later, they are pretty good friends. It seems like the same thing is not true of Jeri and Kate, but you never know.

Time heals old grievances usually, but for her to STILL be talking about it years later when she knows Kate could possibly read it and be hurt by it, obviously they haven't settled their differences in the same way as Penny/Cindy did.

And to add to that...Democrat vs. Republican.

Last edited by Captain Kathryn; July 9 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Captain Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 06:01 PM   #29
Khan Harrison
Ensign

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
I like both actresses very much and have heard them say nice things about one another in various interviews. However, I couldn't imagine that in this kind of situation that there WOULDN'T be tension on the set.

If I was the "star", for lack of a better word, of a show for three years and then suddenly, after a few seasons, they brought in someone young and sexy to boost ratings and made her a big focus, I would probably be upset too.

I am not defending anyone or saying that either was right or wrong, but to be honest...who wouldn't be upset in that circumstance?

On the same note, Jeri Ryan probably had her nerves jumbled just knowing that her joining the cast would cause tension. Like she said, being the new kid is never fun. People are used to one thing and when it gets changed, it causes tensions. Part of Jeri's "sickness" the night before scenes might have been also from her own consciousness...knowing what her role was and what Kate's role was. Kind of like paranoia possibly.

However, even if every single thing she said was completely true...was this really necessary to bring up years later? To me it's almost like throwing someone under a bus 10+ years later for no real reason. Kate admitted in an interview I watched that she felt a little bit hurt and other feelings when they brought Jeri Ryan on without directly saying anything negative or harsh about her. She often complimented Jeri's acting ability as well and constantly spoke about how she should not just be viewed as the hot borg, but as a great actress. So I think Jeri saying these things was slightly more hurtful than the things Kate has said. I am just going by various interviews since obviously we weren't there, on the set.

That said, no one knows what happened on the set except them, so we shall never really know.

This kind of thing reminds me of when I was a hardcore Laverne and Shirley fan and found out that there was tons of tension on the set and fighting between Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams, the two main stars. But even through all of that, they always constantly spoke about how they had the utmost respect for one another at all times. And now years later, they are pretty good friends. It seems like the same thing is not true of Jeri and Kate, but you never know. Time heals old grievances usually.
Usually. Cuz Takei is still nursing a healthy wounded ego
Khan Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 06:04 PM   #30
SchwEnt
Fleet Captain

I can understand Kate's feelings and ill-will about being upstaged by a young sexy newcomer. That's normal.

But that's when professionalism comes into play, in any line of work.

I could understand if, for example, Garrett acted up in such a poor fashion. But Kate is the experienced veteran performer, the "leader" of the cast and show. I'd expect her to set a better example and behave more professionally.

Plus, so many scenes and eps with Seven were directly about her interactions with Janeway. More scenes for Jeri usually meant more scenes for Kate, so what's the big deal?
SchwEnt is offline   Reply With Quote