Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old June 29 2013, 10:44 PM   #16
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Re: Do I need to Watch Razor?

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I just really want to know what happens. I'm really interested in the last 5 cylon thing, and what will happen to them (and who the fifth one is). I'm also interested to see how the show ends, and if they make it to Earth.
Get ready to be horrifically disappointed.

That said, I'm beyond done with gaius baltar, religious icon.
Oh man, you're so gonna hate where this show is going if you dislike the religious angle . It has just about the worst handling of religion I've seen in a show.

I love the first 2 seasons of BSG. After that it's clear RDM had absolutely no idea where he was going, as plotlines would stop and start at random with only some vague "God did it!" explanation.

Oddly, I really liked the show Caprica despite its flaws. I thought it was going somewhere really interesting.
Old June 29 2013, 11:52 PM   #17
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Even somebody like me, who was generally satisfied with how the show ended, would consider post-New Caprica Season 3 and the first half of Season 4 to be the weakest period of the series.

Definitely don't watch The Plan until you've seen the entire series. It would spoil you on things that you don't learn until the second half of Season 4.
Old June 30 2013, 05:47 PM   #18
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Wereghost wrote: View Post
It's not mandatory, being set as it is largely in the timeframe of the first two seasons. There is a line or two from a guest actor that provides a hint of things to come and was apparently parlayed into a storyline, but it was inserted just to drum up interest in season four.
It was a great episode for sure.
Old July 4 2013, 08:07 PM   #19
The Stig
Rear Admiral

DalekJim wrote: View Post
I just really want to know what happens. I'm really interested in the last 5 cylon thing, and what will happen to them (and who the fifth one is). I'm also interested to see how the show ends, and if they make it to Earth.
While I had a certain fondness for the idea that Leoben told Kara the truth about a certain character way back in S1, I don't think that the final Cylon could have been anyone else.

That said, I'm beyond done with gaius baltar, religious icon.
Oh man, you're so gonna hate where this show is going if you dislike the religious angle . It has just about the worst handling of religion I've seen in a show.
Nah, Deep Space Nine was shockingly bad. BSG did a decent job. While I could take or leave Baltar's cult, it was interesting to see how the refugees would align themselves as they grasped at any kind of meaning in their miserable existence.

I love the first 2 seasons of BSG. After that it's clear RDM had absolutely no idea where he was going, as plotlines would stop and start at random with only some vague "God did it!" explanation.
There was a definite break in tone between S2 and S3, mostly because the show moved from an extremely tight timeline of a few months to the year spent in Baltar's hair down on New Caprica. It also moved towards giving almost equal time to the Cylons and their POV. As things progressed, the inescapable divine force that drove the series from day one became more and more prevalent. If you weren't a fan of HeadSix being an 'angel from God,' then I can certainly see how the second half of the series would pose some challenges.

You can't, however, claim that there isn't a clear through-line from beginning to end of the series. For the completely slap-dash way the show was crafted from year to year, it hangs together pretty nicely and the themes that originated in the miniseries were paid off in the finale.

Oddly, I really liked the show Caprica despite its flaws. I thought it was going somewhere really interesting.
Caprica was a hot mess and it never went anywhere, ever.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
Old July 4 2013, 09:30 PM   #20
Agent Richard07
Admiral

DalekJim wrote: View Post
I absolutely loved the ending and thought it was one of the best I've ever seen for a TV show if not the best. Of course, BSG is like that. People either really love it or really hate it.
Old July 4 2013, 09:33 PM   #21
RoJoHen
Awesome

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Of course, BSG is like that. People either really love it or really hate it.
Indeed. BSG and LOST both have my favorite finales of all time.
Old July 5 2013, 05:12 AM   #22
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Mine too. And both seem to be the most (or one of the most) controversial series finales ever.
Old July 5 2013, 10:39 PM   #23
Blip
Fleet Captain

Can't speak for Lost, but I adore nuBSG's finale - this coming from something of an aetheist.
For those determined to contort yourselves into knots so as to include every minor production flub as gospel, and shoehorn it into "cannnonnnnn": STOP. I don't have all day to waste on here; I quite like enjoying real life thankyouverymuch.