Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old July 3 2013, 04:47 PM   #16
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Dare I Continue?

Yes continue. It's Star Trek, and therefore automatically beats anything else on TV. Even bad Star Trek is better than anything else. Seasons 1 and 2 have some pretty good episodes, but overall, feel like VOYAGER seasons 8 and 9. Season 3 is the biggest waste of a storyline in Star Trek history, but I won't say more than that. You decide. Season four is what the show should have been from the beginning.

And of course, if you can sit through 80 odd hours of that pompus-ass-jackass- jerk-moron-idiot Trip Tucker, the single biggest worthless loser in the history of Star Trek characters, you can put up with anything.....
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 05:32 PM   #17
USS Firefly
Commander

If I skip season 1 en 2 do I miss many important episode's?
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 05:56 PM   #18
Praetorian
Captain

Yes, many. Better to watch it all. At least half of the episodes should be interesting to you, I would say.
Old July 3 2013, 06:07 PM   #19
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Alright, I'm going for it. Here are two I just watched:

Rogue Planet: Dull, but I am so happy to be watching new Star Trek again that I don't really care! Hunting is bad, I guess??? Especially if the species being hunted can transform into hot women from your wildest dreams???
4/10

Acquisition: Fun spaceship heist episode with the Ferengi......not much more, but enough comedic moments to keep it going.
5/10
Old July 3 2013, 06:17 PM   #20
YJAGG
Lieutenant Commander

I found the last season to the best :/
YJAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 12:32 AM   #21
teacake
Admiral

AdmScreed that's the way I felt when I finally watched ENT under my own steam (had to give up the way it was shown on tv here). NEW TREK!!! It was insanely exciting that NEW TREK even existed. And when you get to the places where you realize you are watching not just new Trek, but extremely good Trek you will be even more thrilled.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 12:44 AM   #22
MacLeod
Admiral

Now, Now there is nothing wrong with the last episode of ENT the "Terra Prime", "Demons" story line ends the show on a positive note.

Yes there was another episode which followed but surely that is an episode of TNG, given it's framing.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 01:07 AM   #23
teacake
Admiral

Surely!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 4 2013, 01:12 AM   #24
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

Now, Now there is nothing wrong with the last episode of ENT the "Terra Prime", "Demons" story line ends the show on a positive note.
I don't know about that. However, the finale is easily disposable.

Let me add my endorsement for season 4. The universe that they explore feels to be the right size. The show isn't struggling to expand upon the themes of the 24th century series AND be a prequel at the same time. And the Federation is finally given a raison d'être.
Bad Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 07:55 AM   #25
REDrake
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to REDrake

Yeah, I felt like creators went above their heads to make Season 4 so good knowing the show is about to get cancelled. They tied so many loose ends from previous trek shows...
And they planted the seeds for the future Earth-Romulan war that everyone knew was coming.
It is really too bad the show was cancelled. It might have gone for 2 more seasons if there weren't so many TNG-purist naysayers.
REDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 08:19 AM   #26
MacLeod
Admiral

What killed ENT was a rather lucklustre seasons 1-2. Following on from the rather lacklustre VOY (according to a portion of the fanbase).
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 09:07 AM   #27
REDrake
Lieutenant

MacLeod wrote: View Post
What killed ENT was a rather lucklustre seasons 1-2. Following on from the rather lacklustre VOY (according to a portion of the fanbase).
So the first 2 season kind of sucked? Though luck, but season 3-4 were good, so that's 2 years where the show did not suck. Except at that time a large portion of the fanbase were advocating the cancellation of Enterprise and focusing on a new Trek show in TNG era. I wonder if we have such fans on this board. They must feel proud of themselves.
Maybe we'll get a new show in 2025.
Old July 4 2013, 09:14 AM   #28
teacake
Admiral

It certainly didn't suck, it just was a bit dull. Still some good eps though, and the ship looks great IMO (I love the ship).

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 4 2013, 12:53 PM   #29
REDrake
Lieutenant

teacake wrote: View Post
(I love the ship).
I like it too. But a purist might say it's in fact an upside down Akira.
Old July 4 2013, 01:37 PM   #30
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

Yeah for some reason all modern Trek (TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT) have a bit of a lackluster Season One. Some argued that it was "finding it's way" but series have been cancelled for less, and most TOS Season One eps don't get as bad a rep!

Season Twos seemed to be a little hit-and miss - yes TNG's Shades of Grey, I see you hiding there behind that "But I was just a bottle show" placard!

But almost universally, they all hit their stride at the Season Three mark, and Enterprise is no exception.

Stick with it, and you'll be rewarded.