Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 4 2013, 12:28 AM   #76
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Tuvok is an Idiot

Defiant Obrien wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
No one has ever explained why the Romulans are not as hotheaded as Andorians or even humans.. and why they have a highly developed culture and society and have never destroyed themselves as Vulcans think is inevitable should their species allow emotion to flourish.
There is a TOS novel i remember reading called "The Romulan Way" which went into a LOT of detail on the origins of the romulan people. I think it was just before Sarek.. It was a killer read.. featured leonard mccoy
I absolutely hated that book.. it's unreadable IMO. Very dated.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 01:44 AM   #77
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

No one has ever explained why the Romulans are not as hotheaded as Andorians or even humans.. and why they have a highly developed culture and society and have never destroyed themselves as Vulcans think is inevitable should their species allow emotion to flourish.
There is a TOS novel i remember reading called "The Romulan Way" which went into a LOT of detail on the origins of the romulan people. I think it was just before Sarek.. It was a killer read.. featured leonard mccoy
Of course its dated. But if you read it in the context of "vintage star trek" you'd get a lot out of it. Origin stories are transient in general (look at the JJ Abrahms Star Trek for example)...
Defiant Obrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 01:46 AM   #78
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

Sran wrote: View Post
Half indian doesnt mean anything. If you were born here you are an american. If you dont speak any punjabi or urdu, you are an american.. Clearly you dont identify with the indian social group so you are therefore NOT indian.. but a person of indian descent.. and i doubt you bring all this up in casual conversation
How nice of you to decide for me what my ethnicity is or what social groups I identify with without having met me. It's statements like this that have so many posters here saying that you should drop this subject. You're making a complete fool of yourself by continuing to argue about an issue that you clearly don't understand.

--Sran
If im wrong tell me so. If you dont care, there is no reason to respond.. since you've responded, clearly ive struck a nerve or two..
Old July 4 2013, 01:49 AM   #79
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

Totally agree Sran.

OP you do not tell other people what ethnicity they are or what they are allowed to call themselves
Im not TELLING anyone anything. Im just pointing out what I assume we all agree are facts..
Old July 4 2013, 01:51 AM   #80
teacake
Admiral

Of course its dated. But if you read it in the context of "vintage star trek" you'd get a lot out of it. Origin stories are transient in general (look at the JJ Abrahms Star Trek for example)...
Life's too short to reread books paying close attention to their vintage element which made them so unreadable in the first place.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 4 2013, 01:51 AM   #81
iguana_tonante
Admiral

If im wrong tell me so.
He most definitively did.

You edited your initial post and kinda apologized for your first comment. That was nice. But it doesn't seem you learned your lesson here.
Old July 4 2013, 01:53 AM   #82
Sran
Fleet Captain

If im wrong tell me so. If you dont care, there is no reason to respond.. since you've responded, clearly ive struck a nerve or two..
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Where in my post did I say that I don't care? In any event, I find your behavior throughout this thread- toward me and others- to be completely inappropriate. You've no business assigning me to an ethnic group, nor should you be shifting the blame for the direction this thread's taken onto other posters. This entire situation started because of your OP, not because of anything anyone else said.

--Sran
Old July 4 2013, 01:54 AM   #83
Sran
Fleet Captain

Im not TELLING anyone anything. Im just pointing out what I assume we all agree are facts..
Oh, brother...

--Sran
Old July 4 2013, 01:54 AM   #84
teacake
Admiral

When you fuck up you need to shut up. That's the truth of it.

People do forget and move on, but not if you keep massaging your mistakes.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 4 2013, 02:02 AM   #85
Sran
Fleet Captain

^Precisely correct. I'd be more than happy to move on and forget this whole ordeal, provided that the OP doesn't keep coming back here and prolonging this discussion. There's no question who's wrong here.

--Sran
Old July 4 2013, 02:18 AM   #86
marksound
Fleet Captain

^Precisely correct. I'd be more than happy to move on and forget this whole ordeal, provided that the OP doesn't keep coming back here and prolonging this discussion. There's no question who's wrong here.

--Sran
Uh, if you move on you won't know if the OP is prolonging anything.

There's no question about that.
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 02:20 AM   #87
Sran
Fleet Captain

Carcazoid wrote: View Post

Thanks for sharing.

--Sran
Old July 4 2013, 02:23 AM   #88
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

Do you have reading comprehension problems? Where in my post did I say that I don't care? In any event, I find your behavior throughout this thread- toward me and others- to be completely inappropriate. You've no business assigning me to an ethnic group, nor should you be shifting the blame for the direction this thread's taken onto other posters. This entire situation started because of your OP, not because of anything anyone else said.

--Sran
So what would you like me to say mate? Clearly you are fiending for an argument. Are you saying my earlier statement is wrong (which it is not)... or that I am wrong for saying it at all??

There is plenty of other stuff to argue about. Your responses have already told me more about you than you realize. (i could start a glorious troll shiite storm from your last 2 posts easily)...

but.. point is, I like arguing about STAR TREK stuff. If in the course of this, i make an offhand reference that offends someone, i apologize.. but i really dont wanna argue about said reference.
Old July 4 2013, 02:27 AM   #89
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

Carcazoid wrote: View Post

--Sran

Ok.. just to recap boys and girls: This all started when i said tuvok is clearly a fool... not for letting Kes "accidentally" boil his vulcan blood (in season 2).. but for setting himself up for a SECOND time. ..with SAME high powered telepath...and an open flame..

makes no sense to me.
(perhaps friend tuvok wanted to see what it feels like to get burned from the OUTSIDE this time?)
Old July 4 2013, 02:29 AM   #90
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

When you fuck up you need to shut up. That's the truth of it.

People do forget and move on, but not if you keep massaging your mistakes.
Teacake are you implying that I fucked up?