Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 1 2013, 11:12 PM   #31
stj
Rear Admiral

Re: Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

A hurt/comfort scenario for Jason? Comfort from Sookie? Who are these people?
Old July 1 2013, 11:22 PM   #32
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

ITL wrote: View Post
I saw a post on another site that asked why doesn't Sam get down to an aquarium, imprint some stuff and turn into a whale right in the middle of the werewolf pack. I would love to see that. SPLAT!
That would be awesome.

I also want to hear him say, "Size of an elephant!"
Old July 3 2013, 02:05 PM   #33
Tom
Rear Admiral

Is there anyone who thinks Ben is NOT Warlow? I mean come on, they have never shown a good image of this guy and Warlow drank the blood of 3 faeries so he may have some of there powers for a little while. Could be a red herring, but i don't think this show is that smart.
Old July 3 2013, 02:27 PM   #34
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

I saw a post on another site that asked why doesn't Sam get down to an aquarium, imprint some stuff and turn into a whale right in the middle of the werewolf pack. I would love to see that. SPLAT!
Unless it's completely magical in nature (which is possible), I would assume there's some sort of upper and lower size limit. Like, if Sam turns into a cockroach, it would be an ultra-dense, extremely heavy roach, and if Sam turned into a whale, it would be extremely light and fragile.

Tom wrote: View Post
Is there anyone who thinks Ben is NOT Warlow? I mean come on, they have never shown a good image of this guy and Warlow drank the blood of 3 faeries so he may have some of there powers for a little while. Could be a red herring, but i don't think this show is that smart.
I think he is too, but the only reason I'm not completely dismissing the red herring idea is that they're really beating us over the head with the idea of him being Warlow. I mean, Warlow's interested in faeries, and he's found covered in fae blood after a fight. Sookie sends him to the faery disco and suddenly they're all dead inside and he's laying down outside all disheveled again and seemingly recovering from a blood bender. They make sure to go into all the loopholes in the vampire rules that Bill can now circumvent thanks to being sort of a progeny of Lilith, which explains why Ben is able to circumvent those rules himself. Warlow has a fascination with Sookie and now Ben is there trying to kindle a romance with her, while gathering information at the same time.

Yeah, the show is not exactly subtle, but they're really making it obvious that he's Warlow if that's the ultimate plan, so much so that any reveal is going to be completely anticlimactic. Regardless of what happens though, there's definitely something off about Ben.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 02:54 PM   #35
ITL
Vice Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Unless it's completely magical in nature (which is possible), I would assume there's some sort of upper and lower size limit. Like, if Sam turns into a cockroach, it would be an ultra-dense, extremely heavy roach, and if Sam turned into a whale, it would be extremely light and fragile.
I must admit I did ponder such a thing when he first shifted into fly form. Of course, the writers have to purposefully limit his shifting so that he doesn't become too powerful.
Old July 3 2013, 05:41 PM   #36
Tom
Rear Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post

I think he is too, but the only reason I'm not completely dismissing the red herring idea is that they're really beating us over the head with the idea of him being Warlow. I mean, Warlow's interested in faeries, and he's found covered in fae blood after a fight. Sookie sends him to the faery disco and suddenly they're all dead inside and he's laying down outside all disheveled again and seemingly recovering from a blood bender. They make sure to go into all the loopholes in the vampire rules that Bill can now circumvent thanks to being sort of a progeny of Lilith, which explains why Ben is able to circumvent those rules himself. Warlow has a fascination with Sookie and now Ben is there trying to kindle a romance with her, while gathering information at the same time.

Yeah, the show is not exactly subtle, but they're really making it obvious that he's Warlow if that's the ultimate plan, so much so that any reveal is going to be completely anticlimactic. Regardless of what happens though, there's definitely something off about Ben.
Well grandpa seems to sense when Warlow is around so i find hard to believe if Ben were Warlow he would not know, or have a sense of it somehow. Here is a thought, could Warlow be half fairy and half vampire? He comes from Liliths time so who knows. As for Ben, if he is not Warlow maybe he is working for Warlow.
Old July 3 2013, 06:42 PM   #37
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Well grandpa seems to sense when Warlow is around so i find hard to believe if Ben were Warlow he would not know, or have a sense of it somehow. Here is a thought, could Warlow be half fairy and half vampire? He comes from Liliths time so who knows. As for Ben, if he is not Warlow maybe he is working for Warlow.
I don't know how attuned his senses are, because the last time he thought he sensed Warlow it turned out to be Nora.

Yeah, I had the same thought about Warlow possibly being half-fae, or having consumed so much of their blood that he's taken on some of their properties, much like Russel being able to walk in the sun after feeding on them.

Ben working for him makes sense to, though I have to wonder why they made such an effort to conceal Warlow's face if he wasn't going to appear under an alias first.
Old July 3 2013, 06:51 PM   #38
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Am I the only one who feels like Jason's "inner fae" is starting to awaken? He's having an awful lot of headaches lately, and the whole thing with his alleged hallucinations hint at piercing into another realm, similar to what the fae can do.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 07:01 PM   #39
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

That would be a nice bit of comeuppance to his fae grandfather who keeps giving Jason crap about how it skipped over him. And they do seem awfully fixated on pointing out that Jason isn't fae, so it could be a misdirect, and he'll eventually be revealed to have some powers.
Old July 3 2013, 08:27 PM   #40
stj
Rear Admiral

^^^Jason remembering being glamored then would be a hint, not a continuity error? It is obvious that Bill is interested in fairies for vampire research, so they could be setting up Jason as suitable for breeding with #1, 2, 3 & 4?
(They could also really invest in the True Blood image and have Bill inbreed Sookie and Jason to fix fairy traits.)

But overall, I'd rather prefer that we keep more human characters on the show. It's now very logical that Jason not be different in some way, but that's the way it's been for years now. If they want to do something, bring back Hoyt. They could have Hoyt now open to a menage a trois with Jessica or something.
Old July 3 2013, 11:13 PM   #41
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

ToddKent wrote: View Post
stj has a point (one that was expanded on in this article), it's a very flawed metaphor. In the real world, people's rationalization of their objection to homosexuality is due to what they see as "moral" reasons which I think we can all agree are BS. But in the True Blood world people object to vampires because they think vampires are murderers. And, they're right, in the True Blood world vampires are murderers.
I'm pretty sure that most anti-vampire groups don't give a shit that vampires are murderers and many of them are probably pro-murder.

They seems to be mostly motivated by the fact that vampires and icky and different and the violence really doesn't matter to them one way or another.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2013, 06:14 PM   #42
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who feels like Jason's "inner fae" is starting to awaken? He's having an awful lot of headaches lately, and the whole thing with his alleged hallucinations hint at piercing into another realm, similar to what the fae can do.
I was wondering if he was finally turning into that werepanther. Probably not though.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2013, 01:11 PM   #43
Q2UnME
Commodore

Well, Episode aired here in the States last night. Anyone else watch? Couple of thoughts:

* Pacing of the show seems to be picking up. Every scene seems to advance or contribute to one of the various story lines. Not much filler. Possibly due to losing two episodes this season.

* Still do not like the writing for the Warewolves story lines. Did the current batch of writers completely miss previous seasons? Alcide and Rikki are acting completely out of caracture as compared to the past.

* So it is possible to have a Fairy Vampire. Intresting. Vampires that can walk in the daylight and eat normal food too.

* Anna Paquin lost those baby pounds quickly; she's almost too thin now.

* Going to be intresting to see what "Billith" is going to do to save Jessica's butt after she snacked on ALL of Andy's Fay daughters.... Turn them all?

Your thoughts?

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2013, 04:27 PM   #44
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I was a little disappointed with who Warlow ended up being. Was way too predictable, but c'est la vie.

And yes, Alcide isn't making any sense. At first it could be written off due to the vampire blood he took, but it's been a couple days now hasn't it? Why is he still acting like a douchenozzle?
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2013, 10:21 PM   #45
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Well, I didn't expect the turn of events there at the end. Poor Jessica. I hope Andy's kids aren't dead. Obviously, Andy will enter the scene at the worst possible moment in the next episode.

Ben/Warlow is an interesting villain - he showed something like compassion for Jason and I have no idea what his plans with Sookie really are. After all, he doesn't need her blood.

As for Alcide and his pack, I agree that he (and his father) is wildly out of character this season. I guess we can't have any decent people on this show.

The Pam/Tara/Eric and the governor storyline is just plain weird and kind of awkward. It should probably be at the centre of the show this season but it's somewhat tedious.