RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,720
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 788
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 30 2013, 05:46 PM   #31
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Re: Big Brother

Danny99 wrote: View Post
So tonight's the big night and I have some opening night predictions:

First MVP - David
First To Go Home - Howard
Final Two - Nick/Kaitlin
Winner - Nick

From what I read, I'll be pulling for Nick, Kaitlin, Judd, McRae and Spencer, but we have to see how that changes after tonight.
What did you think of the first episode so far?
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2013, 06:55 PM   #32
Danny99
Vice Admiral

^^ Well from spoilers, I know I was off the mark, but I'm still pulling for the five I said I would.

Kaitlin is walking a tight rope because if she ends up in a showmance with Jeremy, Mr. I'm one sixteenth Cherokee and because of that use every bad stereotype against those people ever, she's going to lose my support pretty quick.

Please please send David or Elissa home this week. I don't know how the house guests figured out Elissa's Rachel connection so quick, but she is just as grating as her sister. David is stupid and dangerous, a combination that will work well in politics some day.
Old July 1 2013, 02:34 AM   #33
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
There are also videos of the new houseguests on the CBS website as well as some other Big Brother fan sites. After watching the interviews, my favorites are Helen, McCrae, and Andy. My absolute least favorite is Jeremy, who is extremely cocky and full of himself.

Also, Rachel (yes, THAT Rachel) has a sister competing this year in the house, Elissa. She seems like a less annoying version of Rachel.

In addition to the MVP thing, it has also been announced that there will be three people nominated, at least for the first few weeks of the game. That should be interesting to see play out...

The MVP thing sounds great in theory, I would love to reward the person who has the best strategy each week, but in practice I think we know it will turn out to be a popularity contest. Also, those who watch the feeds know that the CBS episodes are highly edited to favor certain players. Many times in past seasons, there were entire strategies and alliances never shown at all, instead those people were made out to look like fools while others who had no clue what they were doing were edited as controlling the whole game. Basically, if CBS wants the vote to go a particular way, they have a lot of control over that.

But, I don't want to be negative before the season even begins. I'm glad that we have a whole new cast of people and I can't wait to see how it plays out!
My favorite is McCrae, but I don't think I would have wanted HOH so soon it puts a target on your back if you ask me.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 02:46 AM   #34
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Boston Rob wasn't an insecure faux-macho douche and Amber wasn't a submissive airhead. Rob was good at plotting, Jeff was terrible at it. The fans only like Jeff because of the editing and because he was the main enemy of Jesse. Technotronics-loving gay-hating blank-personality moron.

If I met Jeff in real life I'd have to fight the urge to punch him. If I met Rob intending to punch him, he'd probably talk me into punching myself.

I think Aaryn is in really good position to get far in the show, but I think Spencer's got a shot to go far. I'll be pulling for him. Still nobody who particularly annoys me, but I'm sure now that people are being nominated that will start.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 04:32 AM   #35
Danny99
Vice Admiral

If Aaryn is hitching her horse to David, she won't last long.
Old July 2 2013, 09:39 PM   #36
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Aaryn won't last long, period. She's managed to really piss people off in the past few days, both inside and outside the house. She's the definition of a "mean girl" and Amanda has started calling her Regina (from the Mean Girls movie). Aaryn has made a lot of racist, homophobic comments and is just generally negative and talks shit about everyone constantly. It's exhausting to watch. It's also hilarious that she thinks "her side" (Aaryn, David, Kaitlin, Jeremy, Jessie, GinaMarie) is totally in power and will get to choose who goes home every week, yet they don't have HOH and two of them are nominated...yet somehow she's still on a power trip.

—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 10:20 PM   #37
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
It's also hilarious that she thinks "her side" (Aaryn, David, Kaitlin, Jeremy, Jessie, GinaMarie) is totally in power and will get to choose who goes home every week, yet they don't have HOH and two of them are nominated...yet somehow she's still on a power trip.
I think we can call this "The Dumbass Company"
Old July 3 2013, 02:29 AM   #38
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I haven't been watching the feeds, I had no idea how bad they edited Aaryn. She really goes around making racist homophobic comments?

If you watch the feeds do any of them come off as decent human beings?
Old July 3 2013, 02:46 AM   #39
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Even from the CBS edit, she's painful to watch.

If her world revolves around David, a guy she met a week ago, she's a sad little girl.
Old July 3 2013, 02:52 AM   #40
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I haven't been watching the feeds, I had no idea how bad they edited Aaryn. She really goes around making racist homophobic comments?

If you watch the feeds do any of them come off as decent human beings?
Aaryn and GinaMarie have said the worst comments, saying that Helen (Asian American) should shut up and go make some rice, they don't like Candice's voice because it's "too white," they've made Asian eyes to make fun of Helen, repeatedly referred to Andy as a queer, called welfare "n**** insurance," and many other disgusting comments. Mostly they make racial comments about Candice.

This year's batch has come off really badly. Aaryn and Jeremy are definitely the worst, but others have been really catty or offensive as well. Pretty much the only nice, normal people are Judd, Andy, Nick, Helen, McCrae, and strangely enough Elissa. Candice is alright but has an incredibly annoying voice and Amanda has to dominate every conversation. Spencer was cool at first but has now made many really sexist or downright creepy remarks. He even whipped his thing out just to show it to the camera, with an icky grin on his face. And Jeremy is the biggest douchebag on the planet.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there's a showmance brewing...between Amanda and McCrae! Such a bizarre pairing.
—T.S. Eliot
Old July 3 2013, 08:23 AM   #41
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Wow. They said that? I suppose anyone dumb enough to be racist enough to say the N word would also be dumb enough not to think about the fact they're on national TV.

Ever notice it's children of rich people who either haven't worked in their lives or got their job through nepotism who complain the most about welfare? Like Colton: "My parents paid for an expensive education then gave me a job in their company. And I DON'T BELIEVE IN HANDOUTS!"

How's Howard on the feeds? He's so likable on the show, it'd be awesome if he was also likable in reality.
Old July 4 2013, 03:48 AM   #42
Danny99
Vice Admiral

I love that Aaryn and GinaMarie have been let go from their respective jobs, the only downside is that they won't know until they leave the house.

I think we have found this year's male douchebag in Jeremy. I can't believe that CBS aired his "I'm going to build my teepee and throw spears at buffalo" line. We've already pissed off Homosexuals, African Americans and Asians, why not Natives as well?

I really hope that Amanda is legitimately into McCrae because as a man who spent a lot of his late teens\early twenties as an outcast, when a girl that looks like starts hitting on you, you don't say know. If she jumps into another bed this week, I'll lose all respect for her.

And finally to our evictee David. Did he even know where he was? Aaryn is at least entertaining as a villain. I have a hard time believing David can tie his own shows without help.
Old July 4 2013, 05:17 PM   #43
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Howard is a nice guy, he's mostly just very boring to watch as he is quiet and just hangs out.

As expected, after the vote last night everyone is scrambling to try and figure out who voted for who. For those wondering why Jeremy voted for Elissa and who want the more detailed version of what went down this past week.....

There was a big group who agreed to vote out David, including Amanda, Spencer, Howard, Judd, Helen, and Andy. McCrae and Elissa were in on it although they couldn't vote. At the same time, the MC (Moving Company) is still together, but both Nick and Jeremy are pretending to be on the other side of the house (Aaryn, Kaitlin, Jessie, David, GinaMarie) so that no one knows the guys are working together.

Whenever anyone (mostly Helen) asked about bringing Candice in on voting out David, Spencer would say something like "oh definitely, I will tell her all about the plan on eviction day. Just don't tell her anything, it needs to come from me." The MC's plan was for Jeremy to vote out Elissa so his cover wouldn't be blown, for Nick to vote out David, and for Candice to vote out Elissa as a cover for Nick. So that Nick could go on claiming he voted out Elissa too when it was actually Candice (Aaryn, Kaitlin don't like Candice and wouldn't be likely to believe her). Spencer told Candice yesterday to vote out Elissa.

The problem for the MC is that Helen and Candice trust each other and Helen told Candice what the real plan was. So last night they had a conversation about how Spencer must be lying, and that one of the only logical reasons would be because the guys are working together. They were on the verge of figuring out all members of the MC. They pegged Spencer, Nick, Jeremy, and possibly Howard as working together. They don't understand how McCrae and Amanda fit in to everything.

So anyway that's the long version! What's sad is I could probably go even more detailed than that.

—T.S. Eliot
Old July 6 2013, 01:35 AM   #44
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Ha, Aaryn and Ginamarie lost their jobs for racist comments inside the house? That's awesome.

Jeremy completely lost my respect with the way he treated Elissa. He basically 'negged' her, which leads me to believe he picks up women in real life by negging them.

I found myself trying not to judge the Twilight guy too harshly because he looks like Jeremy. That's how awful Jeremy is. He makes me feel sympathy for the guy who plays the werewolf in Twilight.

I don't mind Amanda, but in the diary room she's so robotic she makes Julie Chen look human.

Last edited by JirinPanthosa; July 6 2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old July 8 2013, 01:20 AM   #45
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Wow.

Aaryn was obviously going to pick Elissa as a have-not, but who else does she pick? The Asian-American, the African-American, and the homosexual.

Let's hope she doesn't get to choose who gets the dog costume. Or else, calling it now: Candice!

She needs to go back to the Klan rally.