Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 30 2013, 07:57 PM   #331
JOVE23
Ensign

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

This is awesome.

I'd love to see this get merged with Gambit Realm's project somewhere down the line so we can have a goregous living breathing E, and add multiplayer me and 400 of my closest friends can make the thing go.

EDIT: Also, this might be a common sense/no-duh thing, but I'd like to be able to sit in all the chairs.

Last edited by JOVE23; June 30 2013 at 09:32 PM.
JOVE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 08:26 PM   #332
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Donny wrote: View Post

Donny: I think we have the opportunity to make the instrument stand a bit more accurate:

It looks like rather than just round metal tubes for legs, they are much wider than that. And these views show how the legs are attached to the platform and lower shelf.

Also, at first I was liking the red panel on that back wall. I thought it was great to use an already known wall plant-on. But it's starting to scream "Engineering" to me. Having this clunky plumbing-thing in a hospital room is starting to feel incongruous. I might be inclined to replace it with just a boring red panel lke the one we saw in "That Which Survives." But it's your call, of course.

http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 08:58 PM   #333
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Wow, the add-on table starts to look better, good catch GSchnitzer!

Here's the shot that reveals the existence of the red panel to the left of the doorframe but obviously we cannot see whether it's plain or not, although I believe this may just be the same as the one as seen in the "That Which Survives" transporter room scene.

Because the sickbay scene is from "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" and in the same episode the panel with the GNDN on it makes its onscreen appearance in the A-frame corridor. I am not aware that they usually removed items during shooting to relocate these elsewhere...(could have caused continuity problems)

Bob

Last edited by Robert Comsol; July 1 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 09:42 PM   #334
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Wow, the add-on table starts to look better, good catch GSchnitzer!

Here's the shot that reveals the existence of the red panel to the left of the doorframe but obviously we cannot see whether it's plain or not, although I believe this may just be the same as the one as seen in the "That Which Survives" transporter room scene.

Because the sickbay scene is from "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" and in the same episode the panel with the GNDN on it makes its onscreen appearance in the A-frame corridor. I am not aware that they usually removed items during shooting to relocate these elsewhere...(could have caused continuity problems)

Bob
Well, they might have had more than one, of course. Also, we at Phase II are always swapping things around, robbing Peter to pay Paul to decorate our sets, although we're on much more of a shoestring budget. But it can be done, and that's why we have continutity people.

Nevertheless, for that one red plant-on, it might prove to be more distracting than interesting in Sickbay.
Old July 1 2013, 10:55 PM   #335
Robert Comsol
Commodore

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
Well, they might have had more than one, of course.
I just looked up feek61's excellent research on the issue and that tells me that the red GNDN panel ("WP5") was a permanent part of the large panel with the horizontal alert indicator / speaker, accurately reproduced by Donny (post # 87).

Apparently they only removed the large panel in "Is There in Truth No Beauty?" (no A-frame corridors this episode) and attached it in the main corridor to simulate two different corridors during the ship wide call.

It stands to reason we are looking at a unique piece of production decoration where either you remove the whole panel or leave it be. Therefore, it's probably just the plain red panel in the exam room in "Let That Be...".

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 01:31 AM   #336
throwback
Captain

I was watching the episode "The Man Trap". I noted that the door sign for the room to the right of the turbolift had its name changed from "Computer Statistics" to "Electrographic Analysis". For me, this is evidence that they did changes to the corridor scene to reflect that, yes, this is a different deck.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 02:41 AM   #337
Ziz
Commodore

Well, they might have had more than one, of course. Also, we at Phase II are always swapping things around, robbing Peter to pay Paul to decorate our sets, although we're on much more of a shoestring budget. But it can be done, and that's why we have continutity people.
Well, there's also no doubting that real Trek did the same thing - standard practice for most TV shows - so no harm, no foul.
Old July 2 2013, 03:20 AM   #338
Donny
Commander

@Greg: You mean I'm still not done with the examination room? "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Great find though. Also looks like the two shelves attached to the legs are metallic rather than the flat dark grey I have it as currently. I'll make the necessary adjustments soon.

@All: I'm also leaning towards using just a plain red panel by the office door. I'm agreeing that the panel I'm using now is too engineering-ish.

Speaking of that particular red corridor plant-on, it was used as early as "Charlie X", in the same A-frame corridor it always was, with the exception of its third season appearances in the main corridor in "Is There In Truth No Beauty" and "The Mark of Gideon". It also appears it is always attached to the larger grey panel that moved with it, as Robert Comsol pointed out.

Intensive Care Ward Room shots coming tomorrow...

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 03:30 AM   #339
JOVE23
Ensign

Donny wrote: View Post
@Greg: You mean I'm still not done with the examination room? "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Great find though. Also looks like the two shelves attached to the legs are metallic rather than the flat dark grey I have it as currently. I'll make the necessary adjustments soon.

@All: I'm also leaning towards using just a plain red panel by the office door. I'm agreeing that the panel I'm using now is too engineering-ish.

Speaking of that particular red corridor plant-on, it was used as early as "Charlie X", in the same A-frame corridor it always was, with the exception of its third season appearances in the main corridor in "Is There In Truth No Beauty" and "The Mark of Gideon". It also appears it is always attached to the larger grey panel that moved with it, as Robert Comsol pointed out.

Intensive Care Ward Room shots coming tomorrow...
Do you have any plans to release an .exe or map file so some of us can walk around and look for bugs, clipping issues, etc?
JOVE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 04:41 AM   #340
Donny
Commander

JOVE23 wrote: View Post
Do you have any plans to release an .exe or map file so some of us can walk around and look for bugs, clipping issues, etc?
Like any program, game, app, etc, this project will undergo a beta testing phase. That phase, however, will come much later. Rest assured that everyone here at TrekBBS will know about it before anyone else on the planet.

Old July 2 2013, 04:44 AM   #341
Mytran
Fleet Captain

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Well, they might have had more than one, of course.
I just looked up feek61's excellent research on the issue and that tells me that the red GNDN panel ("WP5") was a permanent part of the large panel with the horizontal alert indicator / speaker...
What a great article! Thanks for flagging it up (and to Feek61 for creating it, of course)
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 04:59 AM   #342
blssdwlf
Commodore

Yes - excellent resources. Always learning something new here
blssdwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 03:31 PM   #343
Donny
Commander

Here's the screenshots of the Intensive Care Ward Room I promised...

First, thanks to GSchnitzer, I was able to correctly remodel this table:

Here's a shot from the examination room looking into the Intensive Care Ward, just to give a sense of connectivity...

The door jamb...with the intercom on the "Space Seed" side...(reference)

Typical views...

Here's what I did to the "unseen" side of the ward room. I feel this solution is simple, yet effective. It doesn't imply that there was ever much more to the room than what we see on film, such as any number of additional beds. It also adds a high-tech element by re-using the panel from the exam room, and allows space for the desk that was seen in these three reference shots from "The Naked Time": Reference 1, Reference 2, Reference 3

Lastly, here are two wide-angle shots to give a better feel of the overall dimensions of the room:

I mixed a few elements from all three season, but to me this room still has a very Season 3 feel to it, keeping with the already established rule of thumb for the project. I used the well remembered bright, green/purple lighting scheme we see in "Journey To Babel" (more pronounced in my rendition's entrance corner) and the darker, greener scheme we see in "The Tholian Web" (more pronounced in my rendition's conjectural corner).

Let me know what you guys think! And also, if I have missed any details, please let me know.

[EDIT]By the way, I have made two small changes since taking the screen caps. There is a shadow/lighting error I corrected beneath the cloths on the long table below the cabinet. I also adjusted the position of the red-alert indicator above the conjectural door so that it is now centered.

Also, the distortion effect of the corrugated glass cabinet is much more pronounced than these screenshots let on. The effect is drastically reduced when I take these screenshots at a super-high resolution (4 times larger than 1920x1080), which I do for quality purposes. Unfortunately, some effects do not translate well in the end, for whatever reason (real-time reflections are hindered by this as well).

Last edited by Donny; July 2 2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old July 2 2013, 04:59 PM   #344
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Fantastic.

I like the color scheme. I like that you carried over the yellow table-top motif over to the new door.

In all these shots, Donny, on both the Examination Room side, and the Ward Room side, I'm feeling like it's a tiny bit dark--like we are in Sick Bay on the night shift. I might pop up the lighting a tiny bit--but I'm not really sure how this gets rendered in-game, so maybe the lighting is actually perfect. But my feeling as I sit and look at in on my monitor is that it's a little dark.

I like that innocuous back corner of that room. It's filled out nicely without drawing too much attention to itself. The only thing I might do differently is to swap out that new blinky computer display you've added and replace it with the display of the antique surgical tools from "Space Seed." (I realize that it probably actually lived where that third bed now is, but I think more people will be saying "Ooo, lets look at all those surgical inststruments" more than they will be saying "Ooooo, let's look at yet another blinky computer display."

I think I might add some under the counter panels/details on the new desk you added, just like are on the credenza under the glass cabinet.

I might stack up some slightly darker contrasting towels over on the credenza (like, I think, in "Babel"). I might also put a Sulu-, Kevin Riley-, or David Garrovick-esque meal tray next to one of the beds.

Lastly, I might swap out the one instrument trays you have over on the credenza with one of the oblong instrument trays.

Last edited by GSchnitzer; July 2 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old July 2 2013, 05:59 PM   #345
throwback
Captain

I have two observations and/or questions.

1.) In this shot from "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...eforehd271.jpg), the play of light and shadows make me think there was a lamp or lamps behind the wall against which the bed was set.
2.) On the biobed monitor, there is the "Recorder" indicator which always appeared in the on position. How did someone turn off this recorder?
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote