RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,049
Posts: 5,431,065
Members: 24,926
Currently online: 451
Newest member: In_Correct

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 30 2013, 07:50 PM   #91
Kevman7987
Commander
 
Kevman7987's Avatar
 
Location: Erie, PA, USA
View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

gerbil wrote: View Post
Get the Hot Wheels Imagination Series Enterprise. It's the perfect scale for the Vengeance.
Good idea. I'll pick one up cheap if I can find it.
__________________
"Don't do it, Meat!"
"Don't do it, Cheese!"
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 12:30 AM   #92
gerbil
Captain
 
Location: USA
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
gerbil wrote: View Post
Get the Hot Wheels Imagination Series Enterprise. It's the perfect scale for the Vengeance.
Good idea. I'll pick one up cheap if I can find it.
I'm not too ashamed to admit I did this.

__________________
"Life should be revered simply for the fact that we need to be thankful that we are currently able to consciously appreciate what we are going through right now. ... This moment that we're having right now is highly significant." -Maynard James Keenan
gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 08:50 AM   #93
saddestmoon
Lieutenant Commander
 
saddestmoon's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

^^^ Nothing at all to be ashamed of (in fact, it's inspirational!!!)

I received my HW USS Vengeance this morning - and it doesn't disappoint one iota!

It's now my favourite Trek villain starship - period.

It's one of the most 'star destroyer-esque' trek ships I've ever seen - simply put, it's a beautifully designed adversary ship!

Now I need to acquire the remaining two HWs in this line: USS Excelsior and the D-4 BOP!
saddestmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 02:22 PM   #94
Jeyl
Commodore
 
Jeyl's Avatar
 
Location: Asheville, NC
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

I have been to Toys R Us, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, CVS, Ingles, Walgreens, Comic Book stores and even FYE and I can't find a single one of these new Star Trek Hotwheels toys.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 07:14 PM   #95
Kevman7987
Commander
 
Kevman7987's Avatar
 
Location: Erie, PA, USA
View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Jeyl wrote: View Post
I have been to Toys R Us, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, CVS, Ingles, Walgreens, Comic Book stores and even FYE and I can't find a single one of these new Star Trek Hotwheels toys.
I can't find a single one where I live. I knew that would be the case so I pre-ordered them as soon as certain websites I frequent had them available for pre-order. But now I can't get doubles unless I use the secondary market.
__________________
"Don't do it, Meat!"
"Don't do it, Cheese!"
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 07:28 PM   #96
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral
 
Crazy Eddie's Avatar
 
Location: I'm in your ___, ___ing your ___
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Jeyl wrote: View Post
I have been to Toys R Us, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, CVS, Ingles, Walgreens, Comic Book stores and even FYE and I can't find a single one of these new Star Trek Hotwheels toys.
I can't find a single one where I live. I knew that would be the case so I pre-ordered them as soon as certain websites I frequent had them available for pre-order. But now I can't get doubles unless I use the secondary market.
Just go to Amazon, dude. I don't even bother with toy stores anymore.
__________________
The Complete Illustrated Guide to Starfleet - Online Now!
Crazy Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 07:31 PM   #97
Jeyl
Commodore
 
Jeyl's Avatar
 
Location: Asheville, NC
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
Just go to Amazon, dude. I don't even bother with toy stores anymore.
Because of the prices. The smaller Hotwheels Enterprise should go for about a buck, not $13.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 08:41 PM   #98
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral
 
Crazy Eddie's Avatar
 
Location: I'm in your ___, ___ing your ___
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Available for a ridiculous price being equivalent to "not available at all" in this case. OTOH, most of the time when prices jump like that it's because the manufacturer entirely stopped making them (like the TUC assault phaser from playmates which goes for about $200; I originally bought mine from toys-r-us for $15).

Still, I managed to get the Kelvin and the Bird of Prey for a good price, mainly because they're both still in production. As long as it's not rare or ancient, shopping online makes the most sense.
__________________
The Complete Illustrated Guide to Starfleet - Online Now!
Crazy Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 08:57 PM   #99
drt
Commander
 
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Jeyl wrote: View Post
I have been to Toys R Us, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, CVS, Ingles, Walgreens, Comic Book stores and even FYE and I can't find a single one of these new Star Trek Hotwheels toys.
Unfortunately, the little $1 Enterprise is total scalper-bait, I don't expect to find one of those ever in the wild.

The bigger HW ships might end up in as part of the fall/holiday toy resets, but the 2009 version of the ST line ended up being somewhat of a shelfwarmer with all of the repaints, so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers (except maybe TRU) were to pass on it.
drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 12:30 AM   #100
Kevman7987
Commander
 
Kevman7987's Avatar
 
Location: Erie, PA, USA
View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

drt wrote: View Post
The bigger HW ships might end up in as part of the fall/holiday toy resets, but the 2009 version of the ST line ended up being somewhat of a shelfwarmer with all of the repaints, so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers (except maybe TRU) were to pass on it.
Unless the next two series are re-releases of the important ships from the other 3, I don't think the stores would stock them. That's why I feel that this series they just released is probably going to be the only one released until Star Trek 13. I just don't see them bothering to do any more series of new molds only for online demand.

Ships I meant as important:
- 2009 Enterprise
- TOS Enterprise
- TMP Enterprise
- TNG Enterprise-D
- ENT Enterprise NX-01
- Reliant
- Narada
- Undamaged Enterprise-A
__________________
"Don't do it, Meat!"
"Don't do it, Cheese!"

Last edited by Kevman7987; July 2 2013 at 01:26 AM.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 11:21 PM   #101
drt
Commander
 
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
drt wrote: View Post
The bigger HW ships might end up in as part of the fall/holiday toy resets, but the 2009 version of the ST line ended up being somewhat of a shelfwarmer with all of the repaints, so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers (except maybe TRU) were to pass on it.
Unless the next two series are re-releases of the important ships from the other 3, I don't think the stores would stock them. That's why I feel that this series they just released is probably going to be the only one released until Star Trek 13. I just don't see them bothering to do any more series of new molds only for online demand.

Ships I meant as important:
- 2009 Enterprise
- TOS Enterprise
- TMP Enterprise
- TNG Enterprise-D
- ENT Enterprise NX-01
- Reliant
- Narada
- Undamaged Enterprise-A
It's possible that HW might still do them as an online/comic/hobby shop release, as they do sell make and sell higher-end car models that never see the inside of a big box retailer. Since the molds of all of those already exist, there isn't as much investment in repainting/re-releasing them.

But at the same time, if they don't make anything beyond the current wave of four, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 11:35 PM   #102
Kevman7987
Commander
 
Kevman7987's Avatar
 
Location: Erie, PA, USA
View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

drt wrote: View Post
But at the same time, if they don't make anything beyond the current wave of four, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
That's why I'm subscribing to the Eaglemoss Starship-of-the-Month Club. To feed my miniature space ship addiction.
__________________
"Don't do it, Meat!"
"Don't do it, Cheese!"
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 11:10 PM   #103
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Jeyl wrote: View Post
I have been to Toys R Us, Walmart, K-Mart, Target, CVS, Ingles, Walgreens, Comic Book stores and even FYE and I can't find a single one of these new Star Trek Hotwheels toys.
I can't find a single one where I live. I knew that would be the case so I pre-ordered them as soon as certain websites I frequent had them available for pre-order. But now I can't get doubles unless I use the secondary market.
Just go to Amazon, dude. I don't even bother with toy stores anymore.
That is sad though. Stores should carry them.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 06:10 AM   #104
saddestmoon
Lieutenant Commander
 
saddestmoon's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Hmmm... I'm wondering if HWs will re-release the Kelvin, Vengeance, Excelsior and Klingon D-4 in battle-damaged painted versions.

It would make a lot of financial sense, making the most from those molds - and follow in the manner of previous HWs releases.
saddestmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 06:18 AM   #105
Tommunist
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Otisburg
Re: 2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

I've never cared for the "battle damaged" variations! Unless it was an accurate recreation of the Nemesis post-ramming scene ship (which would require separate tooling) those seem like cynical cash grabs!
Tommunist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.