RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,840
Posts: 5,327,398
Members: 24,552
Currently online: 523
Newest member: mekogas

TrekToday headlines

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 26 2013, 01:09 PM   #46
Marten
Captain
 
Location: Southern Sweden
Re: tabletop

Shanndee wrote: View Post
Hubby and I have been playing Elder Sign with some friends. I love the art work on the cards, it really seems to capture the mood of Lovecraft stories. It is basically a co-operative dice game, but it is fun. It also has the added bonus of being able to finish a game in a decent amount of time (the last time we played Arkham Horror it took 6 hours, and we were nowhere near finishing the game!).
Arkham Horrors is insane. A little to much so, even though it's a good fun.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2013, 02:36 PM   #47
Obiwansolo18
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: tabletop

Last weekend I got a group of friends together and introduced them into boardgaming. King of tokyo was probably the favorite among them. We played king of tokyo, hirelings the ascent, settlers of catan, and smash up. The smash up expansion is fantastic!
Obiwansolo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2013, 10:29 AM   #48
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: tabletop

^I'm really looking forward to playing Smash Up

So it's an extended episode this week - 2 hours long! I find that kinda strange really, given the way it's filmed I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to produce new episodes regularly. And the episode they chose to extend? Formula D, which I didn't actually think looked that fun a game so I'm not sure I want to spend 2 hours watching it...
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2013, 11:18 PM   #49
Shanndee
Commodore
 
Shanndee's Avatar
 
Location: Canada
Re: tabletop

Marten wrote: View Post
Shanndee wrote: View Post
Hubby and I have been playing Elder Sign with some friends. I love the art work on the cards, it really seems to capture the mood of Lovecraft stories. It is basically a co-operative dice game, but it is fun. It also has the added bonus of being able to finish a game in a decent amount of time (the last time we played Arkham Horror it took 6 hours, and we were nowhere near finishing the game!).
Arkham Horrors is insane. A little to much so, even though it's a good fun.
Yeah, we were having a lot of fun with it, then it started to get later and later...and later. We were forgetting the order of the actions and omitting some actions all together by the end of it!

I'm looking forward to playing Smash Up at some point as well.
__________________
"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum" Margaret Atwood

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 10:43 AM   #50
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: tabletop

Played Smash up last night. SO much fun. I played a few games with my friends, all were pretty close, the second game was a tie initially and I managed to win. We had -

Zombie Wizards v Alien Tricksters
Robot Dinosaurs v Pirate Ninjas
Robot Tricksters v Zombie Aliens

I liked Zombie Wizards the most, but robots were cool as well.
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 01:26 PM   #51
Obiwansolo18
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: tabletop

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Played Smash up last night. SO much fun. I played a few games with my friends, all were pretty close, the second game was a tie initially and I managed to win. We had -

Zombie Wizards v Alien Tricksters
Robot Dinosaurs v Pirate Ninjas
Robot Tricksters v Zombie Aliens

I liked Zombie Wizards the most, but robots were cool as well.
Get the expansion worth it flowers and steampunk are crazy paired with anything.
Obiwansolo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 01:02 AM   #52
Shanndee
Commodore
 
Shanndee's Avatar
 
Location: Canada
Re: tabletop

Hubby just ordered Smash up and its expansion Awesome Level 9000. It looks like we'll be playing this weekend! He also ordered Last Night on Earth and one of its expansions...

Hello, my name is Shanndee, and this is my husband. We have a board game addiction...

__________________
"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum" Margaret Atwood

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 01:44 AM   #53
Davros
Fleet Admiral
 
Davros's Avatar
 
Location: Kaled bunker, Skaro
Re: tabletop

I had a great come from behind victory in Twilight Imperium.
__________________
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society," -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2013, 12:06 PM   #54
Obiwansolo18
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: tabletop

Shanndee wrote: View Post
Hubby just ordered Smash up and its expansion Awesome Level 9000. It looks like we'll be playing this weekend! He also ordered Last Night on Earth and one of its expansions...

Hello, my name is Shanndee, and this is my husband. We have a board game addiction...

As long as you can keep the addiction filled just keep feeding it no shame in that, eventually you'll have what you want and slow down.
Obiwansolo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2013, 10:30 AM   #55
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: tabletop

Played some more Smash Up and then Munchkin last night. Munchkin seems so pedestrian in comparison!
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2013, 11:55 PM   #56
Shanndee
Commodore
 
Shanndee's Avatar
 
Location: Canada
Re: tabletop

Obiwansolo18 wrote: View Post
Shanndee wrote: View Post
Hubby just ordered Smash up and its expansion Awesome Level 9000. It looks like we'll be playing this weekend! He also ordered Last Night on Earth and one of its expansions...

Hello, my name is Shanndee, and this is my husband. We have a board game addiction...

As long as you can keep the addiction filled just keep feeding it no shame in that, eventually you'll have what you want and slow down.
Yes, I know that will happen. I just hope it happens soon, because every time we go out to shop (even for groceries!) we seem to end up at a game store and we usually buy something!

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Played some more Smash Up and then Munchkin last night. Munchkin seems so pedestrian in comparison!
Really?! That sounds promising! We will definitely have to play today.
__________________
"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum" Margaret Atwood

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2013, 11:04 AM   #57
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: tabletop

^Let us know how it goes! Smash Up is so fun, and I love that it works well with 2 players. I just ordered the expansion yesterday.
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 03:19 AM   #58
Shanndee
Commodore
 
Shanndee's Avatar
 
Location: Canada
Re: tabletop

^ Smash Up is so much fun! We put the expansion into the base set right away. I played Steampunk Tricksters vs Hubby's Zombie Bear Cavalry in game 1 and my Flower Pirates vs. his Ninja Aliens in game 2.

The game is fun, silly, and cut throat all at the same time. I can't wait to play it with more people!

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
__________________
"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum" Margaret Atwood

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2013, 11:53 AM   #59
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: tabletop

It's one of those games where it's actually more fun than Tabletop made out.
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 03:03 AM   #60
Davros
Fleet Admiral
 
Davros's Avatar
 
Location: Kaled bunker, Skaro
Re: tabletop

WW1 Axis and Allies
__________________
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society," -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.