Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 23 2013, 02:45 AM   #676
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Perhaps clone is the incorrect word...he's not exactly that and he's not exactly the original either, and plus he's never faced this many opponents at the same time before, and as you mentioned he's facing a much more seasoned Superman. He's still better than what we got in the show I do like the fact that Clark is realizing his mistake with him though "I should have buried him deeper." Once again Q touching on flawed elements from the series and dealing with them in the comic. I think beyond all the arcs, I think this is what I love most about the comic.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 02:53 AM   #677
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

It's entirely possible that Superman's fought Doomsday since that episode. There's been a thousand years between Argo and the Season 8 Finale. I'm sure there was a Death of Superman saga somewhere in Clark's long life. I'd like to think this Doomsday's been taking a long ass dirt nap after a mighty battle with the Man of Steel.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 10:15 PM   #678
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
It's entirely possible that Superman's fought Doomsday since that episode. There's been a thousand years between Argo and the Season 8 Finale.

This is what I'm having a bit of a boggle with here, and it's a common problem with many time-travel stories that dislodge someone from the present and drop them into the future. Let's look at this logically for a moment:

If the ring took Clark and Booster out of the timeline and transported them a thousand years into the future, then Clark was removed from the timeline at that point and essentially skipped over a millenium. Hence, there couldn't have been any more Superman from that point because he wasn't there.

So how could he have had another encounter with Doomsday after the first one in this future, if he didn't live through those years? The future he and Booster have been taken to has to be a parallel one to the one where Clark remained in the timeline and lived on to have a multitude of heroic adventures.

Yeah I know, you two guys are probably thinking 'It's just a comic, Proc, don't over-think it'. And you're probably right, but as I say, this is a common contrivance of time-travel stories and it really bugs the shit out of me.

OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I decided to go back and re-read the whole Argo arc, because I've been having a hard time remembering what happened in which issue and keeping the events straight in my head. Plus, since I didn't really remember Booster all that well, I pulled out the Season 10 DVD and watched the ep he was in, which certainly helped quite a bit.

One thing I had forgotten until I watched it was how incredibly annoying Cat Grant is/was. That squeaky-whiny voice! My ears! Stop the pain!!

OK, I'll get off my soapbox... For now.

Old June 26 2013, 01:24 AM   #679
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

You're over thinking the time travel thing. Clark and Michael will obviously be returned to the present at the time they left, again I'm pretty sure the show displayed this before with the ring's time travel capability along with when Brainy pushed Clark through time I believe in "Homecoming"...Rokk is referring to future events that have already happened. Remember when the three of them first time travelled back to "Smallville" they thought something had happened because Clark wasn't Superman yet and Garth nearly revealed his superhero name to Clark and had Rokk clamp his mouth shut.

All of Clark's history has already unfolded naturally by the time we've reached the Legion timeline. We know this already from the the original founders first trip back to the past. Nothing has been disrupted in terms of that.

Old June 26 2013, 01:29 AM   #680
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Pro, I didn't really start enjoying the Argo arc either until I rewatched the Booster episode. Something about having the character's voice in my head really helped augment my enjoyment of the whole affair. It's amazing how it looks like an epic Superman/Legion story on the surface but it's really a character piece about Booster's hero journey. I can't wait to see how it turns out in a few days.
Old June 26 2013, 01:40 AM   #681
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It's more Skeets than Michael for me Skeets!!

Old June 26 2013, 01:42 AM   #682
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Well Skeets without Booster is like chocolate without peanut butter! They belong together!
Old June 26 2013, 01:49 AM   #683
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Even Skeets admits that But still...SKEETS! He will stop Doomsday himself. "Sorry sir, but I knew you would botch it somehow." "Thanks for that bode of confidence Skeets." "Your welcome sir."

Old June 26 2013, 01:56 AM   #684
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Well Skeets without Booster is like chocolate without peanut butter! They belong together!

Now THERE'S something we can all agree upon! (the chocolate and PB thing, that is).

Now, will someone tell me why suddenly we see Skeets flying around when in the S10 ep he was just an earpiece?

The time-travel thing still bugs me though. I still say that if you've skipped over a thousand years, then you can't have any history in those years from the point you left the present. It just doesn't make sense that you'd have this 'history' that you weren't there to participate in.

If that's the case, then shouldn't Clark have memory of those events?

Oy, my mind is beginning to hurt, like Cat Grant is talking again.

Old June 26 2013, 01:58 AM   #685
Procutus
Admiral

BTW, I still haven't read the issues you guys have... I'll be catching up in total this weekend, per my usual method.

Old June 26 2013, 02:25 AM   #686
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm assuming Ted gave Michael upgrades for Skeets at somepoint. We don't know what they've been going prior to seeing them in "Argo". Remember that this is Q taking elements and concepts from the series and incorporating, and expanding upon them with the freedom he has in the comic book format. He won't have time to explain everything. Or perhaps he will in a side-story. I'm guessing Skeets is appearing as his usual self because Q basically has the freedom now to do that.

Imra doesn't look at all like Alexz Johnson but that surprisingly doesn't bother me. Most of the Legion look exactly like their comic book counter parts, Rokk and Garth kind of resemble their actors to a degree.

Why would Clark have memories that haven't taken place yet? For him? He has technically skipped anything. He's been time displaced. Like the type of travel we see in "Doctor Who". Besides which as I pointed out earlier, he will most likely return to the point of time where he was first taken from. So no time will have passed.

Old June 26 2013, 02:26 AM   #687
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Just in time for the finale, SWEET! So what's the next storyline about?
Old June 26 2013, 02:32 AM   #688
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Diana's arc.

Old June 26 2013, 02:34 AM   #689
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

HOO-HA! I totally forgot about Wonder Woman! YES! What about the skip week arc?
Old June 26 2013, 02:40 AM   #690
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The third side-story arc hasn't been revealed yet...at least I don't think it has. Diana's arc though debuts in two weeks, then the third side story arc. Then we require another schedule update from Q's blog.