Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 24 2010, 09:45 AM   #31
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Re: Venture Brothers

TheGallifreyanSith wrote: View Post
The finale was great. I've been reading on the 'swim boards that some are thinking that this is the series finale. And if it is, it is sort of a fitting end to the show. But given the little wink-and-nod at the at end of the credits, I'm willing to bet that Season 5 is just going to be a long time a coming, but it'll get here.

Overall: I loved the resolution of the OSI and Col. Gather's arc. The prom was the "B story" to all the characters, which was good. The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch really come off as assholes; which is fine. 21, I think, had a natural and completely deserved collusion to this part of his character's life.
I didn't realize that the finale had even aired....luckily I have my DirecTV set to record the series. Finally watched it and thought it was awesome. And yeah, if the series ended here, while I would be disappointed, this would still serve as a fine series finale. Not quite as epic as I'd have wanted, but more than enough in the character department.

21's story ended fine...I'm glad they bucked the status quo and it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, is done with him should the series return.

Molotov...feels like forever since we saw here last, and really didn't care that she'd shown up again...or "died". Ditto for Monstroso.

Hunter Gather is always gold for me...was happy with his resolution.

Wasn't sure what to make of the end (not the bit after the credits)...pretty much saw it coming with the Spanish Fly part with the huge fly. Still it was a bit much, tho I just assumed they'd turn back eventually. Guess they'll get killed by the gang before that happens.

Dermot as Hanks "date". Dean totally screwing up...and growing a pair at the end when he tells Outrider to "fuck off" (or whatever, can't recall the exact wording)...that surprised me coming from Dean.

If there is a season 5, it'll be a different animal than what we're used to.
Old November 24 2010, 04:40 PM   #32
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

The running theory on the 'swim board is that 21 will go back to his online business; I'm thinking he'll either turn OSI/Sphinx or he'll start Arching as "The Viceroy".

My "wish list" for Season 5:

-- Kill the moppets (they were funny for all of, what, five minutes?

-- Dean ends up going Arch on someone (Raven)

-- Monarch and Mrs. The Monarch really need to get some resolution with the whole Arching Doc. angle and reveal what's got him so pissed at Rusty; the running gag of it not knowing has sort lost some of its shine.

-- Mrs. The Monarch seems to be more ruthless than The Monarch they need go somewhere with that.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2010, 04:49 PM   #33
the G-man
Commodore

The Lensman wrote: View Post
Wasn't sure what to make of the end (not the bit after the credits)...pretty much saw it coming with the Spanish Fly part with the huge fly. Still it was a bit much, tho I just assumed they'd turn back eventually. Guess they'll get killed by the gang before that happens.
The bit with the mutated hookers was there to, in some ways, bring us back to the "original" Doc/Brock relationship: Doc screws up yet another bit of super-science, Brock charges in and kicks ass. We didn't need to see them get killed because we know that's how Brock operates.

Basically, it was there simply to say "Brock is back, baby!"

The running theory on the 'swim board is that 21 will go back to his online business; I'm thinking he'll either turn OSI/Sphinx or he'll start Arching as "The Viceroy".
They seem to be making it pretty clear that 21 is now one of the good guys so I don't see him going arch on anyone.

If anything, my theory's been that, given his pretty easy friendship with Hank and Dean, he'll be trained as a replacement bodyguard for if/when Brock leaves for good.

Monarch and Mrs. The Monarch really need to get some resolution with the whole Arching Doc. angle and reveal what's got him so pissed at Rusty
I don't know if this is WHY the Monarch is so pissed but I'd bet my left nut that Monarch is Rusty's long lost brother and, therefore, another of the many "Venture brothers."
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 06:02 PM   #34
the G-man
Commodore

Clippage From Next Sunday’s THE VENTURE BROS. What will The Sovereign think of Mr. White’s Halloween costume?
Old October 23 2012, 05:12 PM   #35
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

Wow, has it been 2 years since this was last on? Good to see it returning.
Jon-o'-lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 06:24 PM   #36
the G-man
Commodore

‘Sterilize!! Sterilize!!’ : First Regular Episode Of THE VENTURE BROS. Since 2010 airs tonight.
Old June 2 2013, 09:00 PM   #37
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

From Slate: You’ve Probably Never Heard of One of the Best Shows on Television
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 08:45 AM   #38
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Pretty good opener. Kinda sucks that Brock and the gang couldn't take 21 with them, but it'll be interesting to see what he does with Sphinx. I wish they'd gotten someone else to speak for St. Cloud though. It was like listening to Hank talking with a funny voice....because it's the same guy. The GoT reference was funny as well.

All in all I enjoyed it and am happy that we're getting new Venture Brothers again.
Old June 4 2013, 06:36 PM   #39
Redfern
Commodore

Was it the intent to make St. Cloud sound like "Comic Book Guy" from "The Simpsons"? Because that's what I kept picturing in my head. I mean, he was supposed to be some sort of trivia genius as a kid, right? I assumed it was meant as a kind of homage.

BTW, I got a kicj from the police box in his home.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 07:03 PM   #40
the G-man
Commodore

Pretty good opener. Kinda sucks that Brock and the gang couldn't take 21 with them, but it'll be interesting to see what he does with Sphinx...
21 has been shown to have a good relationship with Hank and Dean. I've always speculated that he'll end up replacing Brock and/or Hatred as the Venture bodyguard.
Old June 5 2013, 04:20 PM   #41
FFunctionalData
Lieutenant Commander

the G-man wrote: View Post
Pretty good opener. Kinda sucks that Brock and the gang couldn't take 21 with them, but it'll be interesting to see what he does with Sphinx...
21 has been shown to have a good relationship with Hank and Dean. I've always speculated that he'll end up replacing Brock and/or Hatred as the Venture bodyguard.
kind of weird since he killed the other Hank and Dean.
FFunctionalData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 03:02 AM   #42
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

FFunctionalData wrote: View Post
kind of weird since he killed the other Hank and Dean.
EVERYONE has killed Hank and Dean, I'VE killed Hank & Dean.
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2013, 05:28 PM   #43
the G-man
Commodore

They seem to be making it pretty clear that 21 is now one of the good guys so I don't see him going arch on anyone.

If anything, my theory's been that, given his pretty easy friendship with Hank and Dean, he'll be trained as a replacement bodyguard for if/when Brock leaves for good.

I notice that this past week's episode had Rusty make a comment that 21 is actually doing a better job guarding the Venture compound than Hatred does.

Monarch and Mrs. The Monarch really need to get some resolution with the whole Arching Doc. angle and reveal what's got him so pissed at Rusty
I don't know if this is WHY the Monarch is so pissed but I'd bet my left nut that Monarch is Rusty's long lost brother and, therefore, another of the many "Venture brothers."
They had a possible hint that effect in this week when Monarch found a picture of him playing with Rusty when they were both kids and Monarch having no memory of it happening and/or why they were together.
Old June 25 2013, 08:27 PM   #44
Redfern
Commodore

I likely missed a line of dialog, but was it explained why Hank is still in the Contessa's golden power armor and "striking" some rather feminine poses while sitting in the latest episode, the one having Dr. Venture vacation at that Greek island?

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 10:37 PM   #45
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Because it's cool?

Besides, he's not trying to be a sexy girl, that's just the only way the hinges bend.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote