RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 471
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old June 25 2013, 01:10 AM   #331
Dream
Admiral

Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jefferies wrote: View Post
Are they really doing 5, 6 and 7?

If they are that probably doesnt bode well for DS9-R. Unless they are planning for a longer gap between the release of TNG-R season 7 and season 1 of DS9-R?
Maybe CBS got fed up with all the complaints.

The important thing is that CBS-D will be doing "All Good Things".
Old June 25 2013, 01:18 AM   #332
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Just saw the Redemption stills and video...incredible. I always thought it was an epic Shakespearean saga, but now it looks like a movie!

RAMA
Old June 25 2013, 04:08 AM   #333
Jonesy
Commodore

Maybe the reason CBS isn't promoting season 4 is that they feel all the promotion and advertising for the previous seasons was enough to make people aware that season 4 will be out soon. Or they have found advertising isn't increasing their sales sufficiently beyond what they would expect from the hardcore fans?
There really isn't any big standout episodes from that S4, really ("Family" is the closest one I could think of). With S3, CBS promoted the heck out of BOBW.
Old June 25 2013, 05:07 AM   #334
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Season 4 is my favorite season, I think the problem is there are too MANY standouts, and they can use Redemption as their 2 hr movie screening if they wanted. From what I can tell, the BoBW event did very well, they'd be crazy to not keep it going.

RAMA
Old June 25 2013, 05:08 AM   #335
SpHeRe31459
Captain

Jonesy wrote: View Post
Maybe the reason CBS isn't promoting season 4 is that they feel all the promotion and advertising for the previous seasons was enough to make people aware that season 4 will be out soon. Or they have found advertising isn't increasing their sales sufficiently beyond what they would expect from the hardcore fans?
There really isn't any big standout episodes from that S4, really ("Family" is the closest one I could think of). With S3, CBS promoted the heck out of BOBW.
That was my thinking as well. That holds true for the rest of the series until you get to "All Good Things" of course.

All the other 2-parters are either pretty so/so or require you to be a pretty involved fan to watch. BOBW is so widely known and so well liked it was sure thing for CBS and Fathom.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 05:20 AM   #336
Tosk
Rear Admiral

If they are that probably doesnt bode well for DS9-R. Unless they are planning for a longer gap between the release of TNG-R season 7 and season 1 of DS9-R?
As much as I want DS9 on BD NOW, I would be happy to have a slower release schedule just for CBSD to do all of DS9 themselves.
Tosk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 06:07 AM   #337
SpHeRe31459
Captain

Remember the powers-that-be at CBS wanted all seven seasons out in three years (2012, 2013, 2014). So that meant CBS-D needed a little help with at least a couple of seasons. CBS-D is about to prove that they can do two seasons a year (S3 and S5 will be done by them for release in 2013). It's that request for three seasons in 2013 that really seemed to make a need for some extra help.

So when you figure the remastering work on Season 4 is all but done now thanks to Modern Video's help, CBS-D has surely already moved on to Season 5, and then when that's done they have the luxury of doing only two more seasons throughout the entire year of 2014. So for example if the higher-ups allowed it, Season 6 could be mid-2014 (instead of early 2014) and Season 7 could be end of 2014 to give them lots of time.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 08:02 AM   #338
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

They really need to cool it with the hyperbole in these trailers.

Redemption II is a pretty good episode, but it's not "earth-shattering".
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 10:21 AM   #339
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile

Yes. Thankfully CBS Digital are now streamlined enough that they feel they can manage the final three seasons.

DS9 has not been green lit, so we really shouldn't make any assumptions.

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
...So when you figure the remastering work on Season 4 is all but done now thanks to Modern Video's help, CBS-D has surely already moved on to Season 5, and then when that's done they have the luxury of doing only two more seasons throughout the entire year of 2014. So for example if the higher-ups allowed it, Season 6 could be mid-2014 (instead of early 2014) and Season 7 could be end of 2014 to give them lots of time.
Season 4 is already finished, it should be being pressed to disc any time now.

CBSD are indeed working through Season 5 now and it's looking damned incredible.

Release dates (and deadlines) are already set, so while CBSD would love to have until late 2014 for S7, that just isn't the reality!
Old June 25 2013, 11:37 AM   #340
Jefferies
Captain

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Release dates (and deadlines) are already set, so while CBSD would love to have until late 2014 for S7, that just isn't the reality!
This is really interesting. So have they simply become more efficient and streamlined as the project has progressed or have they upscaled the teams working on TNG-R? At any rate it's great news that CBSD will be able to do all of the remaining seasons!
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 11:40 AM   #341
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

This is really interesting. So have they simply become more efficient and streamlined as the project has progressed or have they upscaled the teams working on TNG-R? At any rate it's great news that CBSD will be able to do all of the remaining seasons!
Both. They've certainly become far more streamlined. The work is second nature to them now (although there are still massive challenges).
Old June 25 2013, 06:13 PM   #342
MikeS
Fleet Captain

MikeS wrote: View Post
FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
And for those asking - there will be no theatrical event for Season Four. Sorry, folks.
Do you know / are you able to tell us why?
I'll take that as a "no".
Old June 28 2013, 01:20 AM   #343
Dick_Valentine
Commander

View Dick_Valentine's Twitter Profile

Disappointed they left in the ugly Movie-era warp out of the sun in Redemption but overall the FX look amazing so I'll let them off
(They even tried to jazz up the boring, re-used explosion from Yesterday's Enterprise with a bit of weapon discharge too, helps it )

I'm about the only person in the world that loves the 4-foot model more than the 6ft (I came into TNG when 4FT was being used exclusively and to me the 6FT looks ungainly and far too bright) so this era is now prime time for great angles of the ship
Old June 28 2013, 03:39 PM   #344
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

Season 5 trailer is up folks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJeZfInsWRc
Old June 28 2013, 03:56 PM   #345
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

...and here's the S5 thread: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.ph...81#post8311081
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote