RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,548
Posts: 5,422,010
Members: 24,804
Currently online: 416
Newest member: comicstar100

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 24 2013, 09:21 AM   #31
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Why did the UK theatrical release of First Contact have bonus foot

solariabsg25 wrote: View Post
Yeah they cut out the torture scene, but left in Soran's "His heart just wasn't in it" line. Not sure why they cut it, if they thought it was too violent, maybe they could have just edited it?
It was the very first scene filmed, IIRC, and LeVar Burton was wearing the new uniform that they ended up rejecting. They never got around to reshooting the scene.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 02:52 PM   #32
Oso Blanco
Commodore
 
Oso Blanco's Avatar
 
Location: Berlin, Germany
Re: Why did the UK theatrical release of First Contact have bonus foot

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
solariabsg25 wrote: View Post
Yeah they cut out the torture scene, but left in Soran's "His heart just wasn't in it" line. Not sure why they cut it, if they thought it was too violent, maybe they could have just edited it?
It was the very first scene filmed, IIRC, and LeVar Burton was wearing the new uniform that they ended up rejecting. They never got around to reshooting the scene.
I saw the torture scene either as a deleted scene or online, but I don't remember Geordie wearing a different uniform. Gotta check when I'm home.
__________________
Time is the fire in which we burn
Oso Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 11:04 AM   #33
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Why did the UK theatrical release of First Contact have bonus foot

Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
I saw the torture scene either as a deleted scene or online, but I don't remember Geordie wearing a different uniform. Gotta check when I'm home.
He has lost the shirt for the torture scene, but it was definitely the abandoned Starfleet top that came off:

http://youtu.be/nEaR1rkhy00 (uniform shirt is on)

http://youtu.be/M3LHFlUbvA8 (shirt gone)

http://youtu.be/kI3U18GnwT8

http://youtu.be/hrDt3Bn88_k
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 11:29 AM   #34
Oso Blanco
Commodore
 
Oso Blanco's Avatar
 
Location: Berlin, Germany
Re: Why did the UK theatrical release of First Contact have bonus foot

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
He has lost the shirt for the torture scene, but it was definitely the abandoned Starfleet top that came off:

http://youtu.be/nEaR1rkhy00 (uniform shirt is on)

http://youtu.be/M3LHFlUbvA8 (shirt gone)

http://youtu.be/kI3U18GnwT8

http://youtu.be/hrDt3Bn88_k
Wow, you really need a sharp eye to identify this as the alternate uniform, but I think you're right! I've never noticed that before, but given the bad picture quality of this scene that's hardly a surprise.
__________________
Time is the fire in which we burn
Oso Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 11:39 AM   #35
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Why did the UK theatrical release of First Contact have bonus foot

Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
Wow, you really need a sharp eye to identify this as the alternate uniform, but I think you're right! I've never noticed that before, but given the bad picture quality of this scene that's hardly a surprise.
There is a still which clearly shows the flap across the chest. And media releases of the day specified that this was Day #1 of shooting.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.