Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old June 9 2013, 10:10 PM   #61
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
Re: Drexler's Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

LtChange wrote: View Post
At the risk of repeating myself (and I really don't mind doing so) yes there is some real progress.
Right
Old June 10 2013, 02:09 AM   #62
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

This was a response from the stuff (I think Jen) on the campaing page on facebook to Armando J. Arviso:"
Star Trek Enterprise Season 5 - Netflix campaign At the risk of repeating myself (and I really don't mind doing so) yes there is some real progress. Both Netflix and CBS have expressed a serious interest in this project, all of the actors are willing to sign on AND there seems to be no end of fan support. What needs to happen now, and this is what we are working on, is a cost analysis and presentation to both that this could be done on a "shoestring" budget. Obviously ships are easy in CGI, I do every render on a Macbook Pro sitting at my kitchen counter. Interiors could be greenscreened, and minimal sets would have to be manufactured. Robert Bolivar is writing up the proposal as I type this, and I am not sure when it's being presented to both parties, however, I will caution, things like this, are a HUGE undertaking and do not happen overnight, we may have to revise and revise and revise until we get something they like. Writing to CBS and Netflix, will certainly help and links were provided to both a while back, I'll ask Robert to put those back up again, and a letter writing campaign may be the next step."
I'm pretty sure no one will be doing renders in their kitchen on a Hollywood production. Pretty sure that would be against negotiated union contracts.

This isn't going to happen. CBS isn't going to do one of their premiere properties on the cheap and devalue it, especially when they're making money off of Abrams Trek doing absolutely nothing.

Essentially, this smells like bullshit.
Old June 10 2013, 02:20 AM   #63
TheSubCommander
Captain

I would totally be for Enterprise returning, even if seasons were like 12 episodes each (in fact that might even be better....focus on quality writing and have no "filler" episodes) and if it could be done on Netflix, that would be great.

I don't know if this can be realistically done, but I would be totally for it. I would love to see the Earth-Romulan war.
Old June 10 2013, 06:03 AM   #64
LtChange
Commander

BillJ wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure no one will be doing renders in their kitchen on a Hollywood production. Pretty sure that would be against negotiated union contracts.

This isn't going to happen. CBS isn't going to do one of their premiere properties on the cheap and devalue it, especially when they're making money off of Abrams Trek doing absolutely nothing.

That is a figure of speech, that means that CGI isn't that hard and expensive as it used to be. And when Doug Drexler and Jennifer Desalle say that there is a chance I tend to belive them.

And I don't know how CBS is making money from Abrams Star Trek. That would be Paramount not CBS. CBS has the TV rights.
Old June 10 2013, 06:54 AM   #65
Harvey
Admiral

Paramount pays CBS a license fee to make Star Trek movies. I assume it isn't a small one.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old June 14 2013, 06:36 PM   #66
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

This was a response from the stuff (I think Jen) on the campaing page on facebook to Armando J. Arviso:"
Star Trek Enterprise Season 5 - Netflix campaign At the risk of repeating myself (and I really don't mind doing so) yes there is some real progress. Both Netflix and CBS have expressed a serious interest in this project, all of the actors are willing to sign on AND there seems to be no end of fan support. What needs to happen now, and this is what we are working on, is a cost analysis and presentation to both that this could be done on a "shoestring" budget. Obviously ships are easy in CGI, I do every render on a Macbook Pro sitting at my kitchen counter. Interiors could be greenscreened, and minimal sets would have to be manufactured. Robert Bolivar is writing up the proposal as I type this, and I am not sure when it's being presented to both parties, however, I will caution, things like this, are a HUGE undertaking and do not happen overnight, we may have to revise and revise and revise until we get something they like. Writing to CBS and Netflix, will certainly help and links were provided to both a while back, I'll ask Robert to put those back up again, and a letter writing campaign may be the next step."

This reminds me of back in the day when that one dude, whatever his name was, ripped off Enterprise fans of their pocket change to help pay for a fifth season and kept posting bullshit messages like the one above. "We've had talks with the studio. We're very close now." Right.
Old June 14 2013, 06:54 PM   #67
Reanok
Commodore

The person you mentioned was Tim Brazelle and Trekunited that ripped off the Enterprise fans with their fundraising efforts that would've posted messages like you mentioned in your post.
Old June 14 2013, 08:12 PM   #68
BillJ
Admiral

I guess to me, that if you really love Enterprise cherish what you got. Watch it again and again, read the novels (Rise of the Federation comes later this month), create fan-fiction, make fanzines, create technical manuals. Do whatever you can to keep it alive in your heart.

But don't settle for green-screen crap because your desperate to see it again. It'll only ruin those fond memories of the series.

All in my opinion.
Old June 19 2013, 09:34 PM   #69
Jadin
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I guess to me, that if you really love Enterprise cherish what you got. Watch it again and again, read the novels (Rise of the Federation comes later this month), create fan-fiction, make fanzines, create technical manuals. Do whatever you can to keep it alive in your heart.

But don't settle for green-screen crap because your desperate to see it again. It'll only ruin those fond memories of the series.

All in my opinion.
Well said!
Old June 19 2013, 11:13 PM   #70
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

All in my opinion.
I see your point, but I'm more interested in the characters and story, and if they need to chromakey some sets here and there to continue the series, then I'm okay with that.
Old June 25 2013, 02:43 AM   #71
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

Ahem. This is from a month and a half ago, and since he's the one who brought the Netflix idea up in the TrekCore interview in the first place, I would believe him.

Old June 25 2013, 07:22 AM   #72
TheSubCommander
Captain

That sucks to me, but better to know that than get one's hopes up in vain.
Old June 25 2013, 03:10 PM   #73
BillJ
Admiral

I hope they update their Facebook page accordingly.
Old June 25 2013, 05:33 PM   #74
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

With all due respect to Enterprise, if there was a new series, I want to see it with the Abrams cast. We barely know them and waiting for new material every 4 years sucks. Trek really does belong on TV (Netflix or regular) though.

sjsharksfan39
Old June 25 2013, 06:02 PM   #75
Captain Atkin
Commander

Aatrek wrote: View Post
Ahem. This is from a month and a half ago, and since he's the one who brought the Netflix idea up in the TrekCore interview in the first place, I would believe him.

Braga may have brought the idea up in the interview, but who is to say that Braga and company would even be involved in a 5th season? Just because people have moved on to other things doesn't mean that a 5th season couldn't happen.

Look at Arrested Development as a prime example. The entire cast returned for season 4, and almost all of the actors had other projects in development, yet still were able to be part of the series. Not everyone who worked "behind the scenes" during seasons 1-3 returned for season 4, as many had moved on to other projects. If anything, Enterprise should have some new blood working behind the scenes to keep it fresh.

Schedule wise, there is certainly more freedom to produce a series for Netflix, then there would be for network televison. As long as the Enterprise actors are willing to be a part of it, it doesn't really matter who helms the season. If some people have moved on to other projects, you simply find new people to replace them.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 25 2013 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Thread