Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 24 2013, 05:39 PM   #16
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Re: Virtual Tour : USS Enterprise (1701-D) Deck 1-4 (WIP)

Thanks! And yes. Port side is strange. The problem is Picards Ready Room. And I remember that there is not much space to work with.
But, it didn't even occured to me treating the two sides differently ^^- I always thought "if there is a ramp on one side, there should be one on the other side. So, I'll definitively look into your idea of low-slope staircase with wide steps for the port and test it. Thanks and I'd be happy to discuss more of those things!
Lee Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 08:36 PM   #17
Talos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lee Enfield wrote: View Post
Thanks! And yes. Port side is strange. The problem is Picards Ready Room. And I remember that there is not much space to work with.
But, it didn't even occured to me treating the two sides differently ^^- I always thought "if there is a ramp on one side, there should be one on the other side. So, I'll definitively look into your idea of low-slope staircase with wide steps for the port and test it. Thanks and I'd be happy to discuss more of those things!
It would capture the asymmetrical nature of the entire bridge model as well, I think. When you get to the proper deck 2, I hope you include the enclosed lounge and the opened areas around the life boats (and the emergency lockers). It makes sense for a rallying point for all the people who will fit in five lifeboats, especially in an emergency.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you work out for the two bridge WCs too.
Talos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 09:06 PM   #18
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

The lounge on the front of Deck 2? It will be there.
And I already did some estimations of the life boats and there sorrounding. Basically, the way the hatches for the life boats will open, decides how much space is availabe in front of them. This would have influence on the evacuation tactics. But I haven't decided on this topic yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you work out for the two bridge WCs too.
^^ Believe it or not. But I always wondered what a 24th century toilet would look like and work. I indeed have some ideas for the design and how the devices should work.
Old June 24 2013, 09:12 PM   #19
Ziz
Commodore

Talos wrote: View Post
EDIT: Looks like I can link things. Good.

http://imgur.com/a/kdKug
You're new. When you get past 50(?) posts, you'll be able to do inline images. It's a security setting they use around here to keep spammers under control.
Old June 24 2013, 09:21 PM   #20
Talos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The lounge on the front of Deck 2? It will be there.
And I already did some estimations of the life boats and there sorrounding. Basically, the way the hatches for the life boats will open, decides how much space is availabe in front of them. This would have influence on the evacuation tactics. But I haven't decided on this topic yet.
The view out of that lounge is going to be amazing, with those skylights and the view out over the saucer...

^^ Believe it or not. But I always wondered what a 24th century toilet would look like and work. I indeed have some ideas for the design and how the devices should work.
Haha, good. I'm not the only one who has always wondered that. We do see the bridge one being used a few times, such as a pair of Bynars coming out of it in 11001001. It's kind of weird that Picard's replicator is in his bathroom too. Efficiency, I guess...

Ziz wrote: View Post
You're new. When you get past 50(?) posts, you'll be able to do inline images. It's a security setting they use around here to keep spammers under control.
That is what I assumed, I just couldn't remember the specifics, particularly the post count needed. (Finally got around to making an account, but I've been reading posts here for a long time)
Old June 25 2013, 01:11 AM   #21
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Just a little update. The pictures are in chronological order.

I was tinkering with the horseshoe.

Old June 25 2013, 04:13 AM   #22
Talos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great update. The horseshoe is looking very nice. Doesn't the base sit flush on the front and back? Right underneath where Worf has his hand here.

http://imgur.com/232IWts

I love that view out the empty viewscreen right now. Seeing the corridors and floors really makes it feel like it's a half-built ship back at Utopia Planitia Yards.
Old June 25 2013, 09:01 PM   #23
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

I think it just looks that way in this screenshot. I even went back after your post and looked at the most recent mesh of the horseshoe and its references. But there is a little roundness to it. It's not entirely leveled.
The fact, that the horseshoe currently doesn't sit tightly on its base is due to the base mesh not being defined enough. Perhaps it it is currently visually misleading.

But... the horseshoe is a headbreaker. Hardest shape on the bridge to rebuilt. Slowest progress of all.
Old June 25 2013, 10:40 PM   #24
Talos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think it just looks that way in this screenshot. I even went back after your post and looked at the most recent mesh of the horseshoe and its references. But there is a little roundness to it. It's not entirely leveled.
The fact, that the horseshoe currently doesn't sit tightly on its base is due to the base mesh not being defined enough. Perhaps it it is currently visually misleading.

But... the horseshoe is a headbreaker. Hardest shape on the bridge to rebuilt. Slowest progress of all.
That could definitely be it, the base not being fully defined. The horseshoe really looks quite maddening to model.
Old June 26 2013, 07:55 AM   #25
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Update

Horseshoe and other stuff. Another update later on.

Old June 26 2013, 02:00 PM   #26
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Very nice so far. But why have the images from the OP been removed ?

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2013, 05:56 PM   #27
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

You can see the exact same images of the first post in its repost further down on the first page.
I moved the images from my photobucket account into another folder. Photobucket then changed the img lnks (stupid me).
I wasn't contacted back by a moderator who could help me technically. Problem is, I dont have the rigthts to edit this post anymore.
Old June 27 2013, 12:04 AM   #28
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Update

You remember, this one episode, when in tng the terminal exploded on this poor crew man?

I present to you : the infamous exploding plasma conduit behind the terminals. And it makes sense, that those terminals explode on various occasions. I probably build a little circuit that connects the observation lounge and the terminal in the back of the bridge with the power circuit. Those things in front of the panel have two purposes. It has a slide function for the chairs and if you want to work on the conduit or the terminals' isolinear acces ( not yet build ) you can sit or lay on it. At least, that's the theory.

Aaand ...seems that I have to rebuild the ceiling. That would be the 4th time... Unfortunately I don't have good pictures from the current ceiling. Netherless, these show some progress at other stations.

Old June 27 2013, 01:21 AM   #29
Talos
Lieutenant Junior Grade

That's really coming together nicely. I love the detail in the plasma conduits behind the seats. One of the nice things about the TNG blurays is the tracks for the seats are very visible now so you can see just how far they can pull out.

Keep up the good work!
Old June 27 2013, 01:26 AM   #30
Donny
Commander

Nice work! I'm correct in assuming these images are still raytraced, and not actually rendered with Crysis 3?

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote