RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,691
Members: 24,207
Currently online: 802
Newest member: Stevie Trek

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 24 2013, 02:09 AM   #211
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
But I guess it makes sense. Jim Carrey wanted Universal to make Dumb & Dumber To so he had to do Kick-Ass 2. He got what he wanted so fuck everybody else! Jim Carrey's a selfish-and self-righteous- prick and that's all there is to it!
The rights to Dumb and Dumber To were still at Warners when Carrey made Kick-Ass 2. It's only recently that Warners decided not to make the sequel and Universal stepped in and picked up the rights. In fact Universal just picked up Dumb and Dumber To in the last few days. It'll be interesting to see whether they hold this against Carrey and pull the plug on it or move ahead regardless.
Old June 24 2013, 02:15 AM   #212
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

I know that. He dropped out of the project last year due to problems with Warners. Jim Carrey was very hot to make D&D2. I have no doubt he was negotiating with Universal behind the scenes to acquire the rights. That done, the self-absorbed prick now has no compunctions against hurting Kick-Ass 2 which he clearly saw as nothing more than a necessary evil.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 02:21 AM   #213
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

In truth, I doubt that this will have any significant effect on box office. Aurora didn't hurt Dark Knight Rises.
Old June 24 2013, 02:24 AM   #214
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

It's still bizarre timing on his part. I wonder what Wadlow thinks of all this? His film's biggest star has just seemingly alienated himself from his movie

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 02:27 AM   #215
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Aurora didn't hurt Dark Knight Rises.
It did hurt it somewhat domestically. It was still a huge hit of course, but it did hurt it. That was a much more immediate and impactful situation, though, compared to this one, although Carrey has created a problem for the marketing of the film. The rest of the cast will face some awkward questions when they're doing press for it.
Old June 24 2013, 02:27 AM   #216
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

The timing reeks of trying to sabotage the film. It barely got made in the first place and this isn't going to help it.

Carrey's not stupid...he knew what he was signing up for when he took the role. If he's so opposed to content of the film and he doesn't want to promote it, then he should donate his salary to victims of gun violence. But I'm pretty sure that he won't.

Good luck with your Dumb and Dumber sequel, Jim...a sequel that should have been made 15 years ago. No one gives a fuck about it now.
DarthPipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 02:28 AM   #217
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Of course, I personally feel that I will not be able to support the stupidity of Dumb and Dumber to.
Old June 24 2013, 02:47 AM   #218
Dream
Admiral

"Carrey is getting trashed on Yahoo comments. No one is supporting him, everyone is saying he needs to give his paycheck back or give to Sandy Hook families (which we know he won't do). Some people are even saying they hope he doesn't work again."

Carrey is such a moron! Dumb and Dumber would be the perfect way to describe Carrey at this point!
Old June 24 2013, 03:08 AM   #219
Aldo
Admiral

This is just really disappointing to me. I really like Jim Carrey, and have supported most of his movies during his career. I was even really excited to see him in Kick-Ass 2, but now this just kind of stings.
Old June 24 2013, 03:41 AM   #220
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

DarthPipes wrote: View Post

Good luck with your Dumb and Dumber sequel, Jim...a sequel that should have been made 15 years ago. No one gives a fuck about it now.
I was actually really excited about DD2 but now... I'm not gonna see it. Hysterical hyperbole aside... This was a dick move. He's hurting a lot of people who are just starting their careers.

I hope D&D2 makes so little money it makes Once Bitten look like a monster hit!
Old June 24 2013, 04:56 AM   #221
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

If there's a scene like this in Dumb & Dumber To I'm gonna shit.

Old June 24 2013, 05:38 AM   #222
Aldo
Admiral

To be fair that scene you posted is a fantasy of the character. Most of the violence in Kick-Ass 2 won't be a fantasy.

I'm still perplexed at why he is taking this stance. The only thing I can think of is they still have that one thing we (who've read the book) all thought they took out.*

That's the only way I could imagine that Sandy Hook would have any impact on him relating to the movie.

*I'd use spoiler code but I forgot how to, plus anyone who's read the book knows what I'm talking about.
Old June 24 2013, 07:07 AM   #223
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

I do know. I'm about 99.9% certain that's not in the movie. I mean the Sophia thing got cut. The Katie thing got cut. Why wouldn't the iCarly Fan scene get cut?
Old June 24 2013, 12:27 PM   #224
the G-man
Commodore

Carrey has become a bitter old attention whore. Kudos to Millar for calling him out.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 04:58 PM   #225
stj
Rear Admiral

Carrey said specifically that Sandy Hook changed his "heart." Millar either couldn't understand Carrey's few words or just chose to ignore them. I guess it's easier to lie than make an argument. It's Millar who comes off very badly, not Carrey.

As for Carrey himself, it's a crime that he spoiled the movie by telling people it was too violent. He should have his dick and balls cut off and stuffed down his throat! He should have this twitter fingers nailed to his iphone! Then Kick-Ass fans should piss on him and shit on him, then graciously dry him out with a flamethrower!