IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 31 2013, 02:52 PM   #811
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Power Rangers

Clips from the above show...

Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 04:31 PM   #812
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

They may never explain why all the Rangers ar there and why many of them have their powers after having specifically given them up, but it's hardly the first time... They never really explained why it was "only" the red Rangers in "Forever Red" selected for a special mission, for example.

[In my personal canon, Andros tells everyone that the Beetleborg generals had erected a forcefield on the Moon specifically meant to keep all Rangers out, but that Alpha had figured out a [TECH] way to let only red Rangers penetrate it. One call to the morphing grid later, everyone who'd been a red Ranger in the past was back in action much in the same way they did it later for "Once a Ranger".

Oh, and the forcefield also let them have air on the Moon. SO THE ROBOTS COULD WORK WITHOUT SPACESUITS. Yeah, that's it.]

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 05:09 PM   #813
Christopher
Writer

^They always had air on the Moon in Power Rangers. That's how Rita, Zedd, and Rito were able to drive around the Moon in an RV throughout Zeo. Not to mention that Rita/Zedd's castle on the Moon had that open balcony from the start. (Which raises the question of why the astronauts in "Day of the Dumpster" were in spacesuits. Well, maybe the first thing Rita did upon being freed was to magically create a Lunar atmosphere.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 06:39 PM   #814
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

I always figured it was their nonhuman nature that allowed them to "breathe" on the moon... Then again, the RV would need air for its engine, but the temperature on the moon would melt rubber tires...

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 06:54 PM   #815
Christopher
Writer

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
I always figured it was their nonhuman nature that allowed them to "breathe" on the moon...
Well, we're totally overanalyzing a goofy, unrealistic show for kids... but without air, how did they hear each other talk? Telepathy? Implanted radios?

I have no trouble accepting that the Moon in the Rangerverse just plain has air. It's no more absurd than anything else in the franchise.

Old May 31 2013, 07:05 PM   #816
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Yeah, I just figured it always had air. Its had air since the beginning, and its jsut a universe thing. Then again, I seem to recall a ranger was once rescued from floating in space demorped and without a space suit, and he was just fine (I think it was the Magna Defender in Lost Galaxy, and Leo the red ranger saved him while he was just floating around in space, but I can't find a clip of it), so I just don't really think about what people can and can't do in space anymore when it comes to PR
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 08:00 AM   #817
TheOneWhoKnocks
Vice Admiral

it's interesting watching Linkara's History of Power Rangers, perhaps netflix has some eps...
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
TheOneWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 01:00 PM   #818
Stephen!
Captain

It's all Megaranger's fault :P They had a scene of a kid being able to breathe in space, which PRIS then copied for "Carlos on Call"

Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 05:34 PM   #819
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Jason David Frank posted a video from New Zealand.

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 08:17 PM   #820
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Silver Ranger will be played by Cameron Jebo. Unfortunately he doesn't show up this year. We have to wait until Super Megaforce.

Speaking of, here's some stuff Saban showed of at the recent Licensing Expo. First, the logo:

And an official poster, featuring the Silver Ranger:

And the Rangers themselves (the suit actors anyway)

RangerCrew Blog
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 08:22 PM   #821
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

^ I like the title "Ultra Megaforce" better.

Can't wait to see how these Pirate rangers figure into the American version.

Found this just now...

Bryan Cranston was on Power Rangers. Read about it here.

Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 08:44 PM   #822
Christopher
Writer

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I gather the idea is that the Gokaiger ("pirate") costumes will be used as a power-up mode, with the Goseiger costumes remaining as the default.

Old June 22 2013, 08:55 PM   #823
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I gather the idea is that the Gokaiger ("pirate") costumes will be used as a power-up mode, with the Goseiger costumes remaining as the default.
Yep, the Gokaiger suits will be the power-up mode from which they will be able to change into previous ranger forms.
Old July 17 2013, 09:04 PM   #824
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Tommy, Billy, Zach, Trini, Kimberly and Jason are returning to comics next year, and no, I didn’t need to check Wikipedia for their names. The Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers are back, and Papercutz will be launching them into a series of graphic novels starting in May 2014!
and

Stefan Petrucha and PH Marcondes will be writer and artist on the first book, and Michael Petranek will edit. The story will start before the Green Ranger or Lord Zed have shown up, and focus instead on the original five fighting off the threat of Rita Repulsa.
http://comicsbeat.com/papercutz-revi...-novel-series/
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2013, 05:56 AM   #825
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Holy crap... Shout Factory is making a complete series (as of the end of this year anyway) DVD box set. That's right, all 20 seasons as of the end of 2013, from MMPR through Megaforce.

The set will consist of a whopping 98 discs. 6 of these discs contain the bonus features, which includes some material made especially for the set. There are also two empty slots, so you can add the two movies if you have them.

The case for the set is a replica of the original Red Ranger helmet.

It will be released on December 3. No price has been announced yet.

Rangercrew Blog