RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,693
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 761
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 22 2013, 02:56 PM   #31
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: "The question is..."

Close to his asshole are his balls, and maybe they're enlarged?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 03:07 PM   #32
Lance
Fleet Captain

I think Will just really likes chairs. He's never met a chair he wouldn't mount.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 05:02 PM   #33
klwilbur
Ensign

I'm a tall guy (6'3") as I think Frakes is. And notice all those chairs have low backs...probably having to do with prop design. It is actually easier when you are that tall to swing your leg over the back of a chair than it is to pull the chair out, sit down and pull the chair back up. So I bet it actually became pretty natural. When you are watching the clip, some of them are pretty easy to miss because it is effortless for someone that tall.
klwilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 05:21 PM   #34
Sran
Fleet Captain

Lance wrote: View Post
I think Will just really likes chairs. He's never met a chair he wouldn't mount.
Puts a whole new spin on the scene in Generations when he says, "I always thought I'd get a crack at this chair someday."

--Sran
Old June 22 2013, 09:16 PM   #35
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

klwilbur wrote: View Post
I'm a tall guy (6'3") as I think Frakes is. And notice all those chairs have low backs...probably having to do with prop design. It is actually easier when you are that tall to swing your leg over the back of a chair than it is to pull the chair out, sit down and pull the chair back up. So I bet it actually became pretty natural. When you are watching the clip, some of them are pretty easy to miss because it is effortless for someone that tall.
Advice from another Tall guy, just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 02:42 AM   #36
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

I think the directors sometimes had troubles framing shots with Riker in them. Jonathan Frakes is actually a pretty big guy, and especially with Patrick Stewart being (comparitively) small, they sometimes had to get creative just to fit him into a shot with another actor.

Riker's characteristic "I thrust my pelvis into Data's face" leaning pose on the Ops console is one by-product of this.
What annoys me is all the time he sits in his Bridge chair with his legs splayed open. It's like he's putting his "assets" on display while pretending he's not wearing any clothing over them.

Newsflash: After seeing Schwarzenegger in the first Terminator movie, I doubt Jonathan Frakes/Will Riker would ever be close to qualifying for preliminaries, never mind actually being in the contest.

teacake wrote: View Post
Sran, this is for you:

He looks like he's intending to piddle on an invisible fire hydrant.

And the ship either needs taller chairs, or they need to get Riker a horse.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
klwilbur wrote: View Post
Advice from another Tall guy, just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should.
Agreed. Picard should have asked him if he needed to schedule holodeck time to review basic military decorum and posture.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 03:09 AM   #37
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Timewalker wrote: View Post
I think the directors sometimes had troubles framing shots with Riker in them. Jonathan Frakes is actually a pretty big guy, and especially with Patrick Stewart being (comparitively) small, they sometimes had to get creative just to fit him into a shot with another actor.

Riker's characteristic "I thrust my pelvis into Data's face" leaning pose on the Ops console is one by-product of this.
What annoys me is all the time he sits in his Bridge chair with his legs splayed open. It's like he's putting his "assets" on display while pretending he's not wearing any clothing over them.

Newsflash: After seeing Schwarzenegger in the first Terminator movie, I doubt Jonathan Frakes/Will Riker would ever be close to qualifying for preliminaries, never mind actually being in the contest.
Wait. What?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 03:29 AM   #38
Timewalker

Which part of my post confuses you? Riker acts like he's always putting his "masculine assets" on display, regardless of how much clothing he's wearing.

Arnold Shwarzenegger's nude scene in the first Terminator movie has forever spoiled me for all other such displays, clothed or not.

Old June 23 2013, 03:31 AM   #39
teacake
Admiral

I guess I watched it on tv..

Another reason tv sucks!

I'm rushing to google now..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old June 23 2013, 04:25 AM   #40
Timewalker

I saw it on TV, as well. I guess Canadian TV doesn't censor some things like American TV does...

Old June 23 2013, 04:25 AM   #41
Tosk
Rear Admiral

It's barely anything, Teacake. Arnie gets a bit of a wang-wiggle going on in a single shot as he walks towards the punks at the beginning of the film. I really don't get the point of the comparison, but no mind.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 05:43 AM   #42
teacake
Admiral

Oh because I couldn't find it.

This is like when someone told me Scott Bakula was in Playgirl and I hunted that thing down, must hate taken at least 3 minutes of my life, and he has a freaking speedo on.

And Timewalker I would have been watching Australian tv which pretty much shows anything and everything.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old June 23 2013, 05:58 AM   #43
Vulcan Logician
Lieutenant Commander

"The question is..." why does Riker sit on a chair like he's mounting a horse?
Old June 26 2013, 05:34 PM   #44
propita
Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Close to his asshole are his balls, and maybe they're enlarged?
If that's the reason (or should that be "if they're the reasons"?), then keep Stewart wearing pants. I've read his nickname was "Tripod." And was that really him "naked" in the Cardassian torture scene? I recall we saw a very naked hip (so no covering there).
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2013, 10:51 PM   #45
Piano&Startrek
Ensign

To me what's really annoying in Voyager is how people (mostly B'elanna) always say "what's that supposed to mean?" when they perceive some kind of insult. Which seems to happen a lot...
Piano&Startrek is offline   Reply With Quote