RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,670
Members: 24,822
Currently online: 490
Newest member: The Great Duck

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old June 20 2013, 09:21 PM   #16
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: So what characters do you think have changed the most?

Geordi -

He has developed from Chief Engineer of the 1701D and via many adventures has ended up, er, Chief Engineer of the 1701E...
Old June 20 2013, 09:28 PM   #17
R. Star
Rear Admiral

REDrake wrote: View Post
I'd say Ezri Dax, but as she's a Dax it means she's bound to change. Anyone who read The Lives of Dax knows this.

So I'll have to settle for T'Pol. From being a royal pain to actually establishing a family with a human to vulcan transspecies convert.
I'd have to go with Ezri myself. She basically got completely reinvented in the novels. I'm still not completely sold on her just suddenly "clicking" and becoming one with symbiont and being nothing like the character we saw in season 7, though from a dramatic standpoint I can understand how constraining it would be to have a main character be a less than effectual counselor with multiple issues of her own, the main of which was living in Jadzia's shadow.
Old June 20 2013, 11:15 PM   #18
DS9forever
Fleet Captain

Kira has changed a lot - she defied the Bajoran religious leaders in "Avatar" and was excommunicated, joined Starfleet as a Captain in "Unity" and then left Starfleet to become a novice, later becoming a Vedek.
DS9forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2013, 12:57 AM   #19
Khan Harrison
Ensign

DS9forever wrote: View Post
Kira has changed a lot - she defied the Bajoran religious leaders in "Avatar" and was excommunicated, joined Starfleet as a Captain in "Unity" and then left Starfleet to become a novice, later becoming a Vedek.
...and Kai...
Khan Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2013, 12:59 AM   #20
Sran
Fleet Captain

Khan Harrison wrote: View Post
...and Kai...
Depending on which timeline you believe.

--Sran
Old June 21 2013, 02:32 AM   #21
Elias Vaughn
Captain

Nog is the one who immediately leaps to mind. He started as a punk Ferengi kid and ended up a respected Starfleet senior engineer. Not too shabby.
Elias Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2013, 02:37 AM   #22
Sran
Fleet Captain

Elias Vaughn wrote: View Post
Nog is the one who immediately leaps to mind. He started as a punk Ferengi kid and ended up a respected Starfleet senior engineer. Not too shabby.
One of the most underrated subplots of Star Trek. It's easy to see how someone like Kirk or Spock could make it in Starfleet. But Nog? He was thrown in jail during the series pilot because he was involved in a theft. That Sisko gave him a chance to prove himself resonates powerfully with anyone who believes that they needed only the chance to be successful in order for it to happen.

--Sran
Old June 22 2013, 08:03 AM   #23
Mage
Commodore

Funny, I thought I would be the first to mention Chakotay, but I guess not. In the beginning of Voyager, he was very much his own man, a strong and independent character. By the end of the show, he was nothing more then Janeway's 'yes-man'. So, to see him coming into his own again in the Voyager novels was very nice.

But, the list is so long, with people like Picard, Nog, Vaughn, Sisko, Kira, Odo....
Old June 22 2013, 11:35 AM   #24
Markonian
Captain

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Worf yet. He evolved from hot-head to a respectable leading figure and family man.
Old June 22 2013, 12:28 PM   #25
Mage
Commodore

Markonian wrote: View Post
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Worf yet. He evolved from hot-head to a respectable leading figure and family man.
Very true! I know some fans feel Worf has been overused, but thanks to DS9 and the novels, he has become one of my favorite characters. He matured a lot since Farpoint, where he actually tried to shoot the damn viewscreen.
Old June 22 2013, 03:41 PM   #26
Reanok
Commodore

I definite ly agree with you about Kira going through major changes so did T'Pol.She joined Starfleet and got command of her own starship.Vulcan society really changed and so did T'pol after all the things she went through during the tv series and books. Ezri also went through major changes too.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote