Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 15 2013, 04:53 PM   #211
Mytran
Fleet Captain

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

I assume it's the wide lens you're using, but Sickbay looks smaller than I remember...
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2013, 11:59 PM   #212
Donny
Commander

Mytran wrote: View Post
I assume it's the wide lens you're using, but Sickbay looks smaller than I remember...
Yes, it's the "wide lens". For the screenshot above, I had the field of view set at 90 degrees (typical for widescreen gaming), instead of 60 degrees (closer to a standard television camera lens, if I'm correct). I sometimes forget to make the switch when taking screencaps.

I built the room on top of the Journey to Babel stage 9 schematic, so it should be accurate.

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2013, 10:32 PM   #213
Robert Comsol
Commodore

The first moment I saw the new sickbay rendering I got confused for a moment. Because the two chairs below the wall shelf told me "Season One set", but then I noticed the intercom panel (definitely Season Three) and that some items hadn't been there yet.

The two chairs below the wall shelf without a table in between would be a clear Season One trademark, but I presume the table is on the list of items that are still being added?

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2013, 10:57 PM   #214
Donny
Commander

Ha. Yes, I added the 2 chairs temotarily. Just to give a sense of scale for these early screenshots. I will replace them with the table and single chair shortly.

I have much to add, I just wanted to get this early shot up to get an opinion on the wall color.

Old June 17 2013, 01:32 AM   #215
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

to donny i like to know if you can make a video of the room you just worked on?. if you can i would like talk with you pvt. please about what you are doing ok.
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2013, 05:37 AM   #216
Donny
Commander

Finally got around to getting some work done today. The last 5 days or so were consumed by real-life work. Anyway, here's how the exam bed and exercise bed are coming along.

Still tweaking lighting, but I'm starting to like it. A very Season 3 feel to it.

Old June 19 2013, 07:27 AM   #217
Albertese
Commodore

Looking good! Did the rotating exam bed lack the clear-ribbed-spike sensor doohicky that the other beds had? I always assumed that was the antenna that fed information to the wall monitors, and that each monitor had one... but I may well be remembering it wrong...

--Alex
Old June 19 2013, 07:42 AM   #218
Donny
Commander

Albertese wrote: View Post
Looking good! Did the rotating exam bed lack the clear-ribbed-spike sensor doohicky that the other beds had? I always assumed that was the antenna that fed information to the wall monitors, and that each monitor had one... but I may well be remembering it wrong...

--Alex
Yes, the exam bed lacked the sensor thingy, as shown in this screencap from The Enterprise Incident.

Old June 19 2013, 09:21 AM   #219
Donny
Commander

Two more shots before I go to bed....

Knocked out the status panel you see below and added the GNDN alcove. Special thanks to feek61 for lending me his blink pattern reference materials for the status panel.

And here's a closeup of the vitals display panel. Thanks to blu-ray caps, I was able to recreate (from scratch) this graphic to 100% accuracy. (note the small switch at the bottom left of the hood, which I first noticed today while viewing reference materials. Check out this screencap from The Man Trap)

Old June 19 2013, 11:41 AM   #220
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Great work! (as usual I'm temped to add )

Just a few things I wonder about:
  • In the first rendering (with the sickbay back wall) the panel (did they remove the whole wall panel from the Season One corridor?) in the side booth looks like it should be closer to the adjacent main corridor (looks like you fixed that in your latest post).
  • You went for the sickbay appearance from "The Enterprise Incident". Did you favor this one because part of the "new" panel in "Turnabout Intruder" was covered by the 'medical crane'? (I wouldn't be surprised if feek61has already identified the item in other episodes)
  • Is there a particular reason you omitted the 'medical crane' (introduced to the set in Season Two) and preferred the intercom panel instead?
Bob

P.S. I wonder if Shatner's white "body height booster" should also reflect in such renderings.
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2013, 02:28 PM   #221
blssdwlf
Commodore

@Donny - Nice catch on the switch!
blssdwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2013, 02:33 PM   #222
Donny
Commander

Hold your horses, Bob. I'm not quite done yet.

I plan on adding the "medical crane" and the "new panel from Turnabout Intruder" today. These were just some WIP shots I wanted to get up after a (quite literal) full day's worth of work.

My meticulousness is really starting to add considerable time to the project. I spent my entire day off on this yesterday, and only stopped for a two hour nap. Started when i woke up around 10 am, stopped when i went to bed around 3 am. Which, by the way, constitutes a good day off.

Old June 19 2013, 02:39 PM   #223
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Great work! (as usual I'm temped to add )

Just a few things I wonder about:
  • In the first rendering (with the sickbay back wall) the panel (did they remove the whole wall panel from the Season One corridor?) in the side booth looks like it should be closer to the adjacent main corridor (looks like you fixed that in your latest post).
  • You went for the sickbay appearance from "The Enterprise Incident". Did you favor this one because part of the "new" panel in "Turnabout Intruder" was covered by the 'medical crane'? (I wouldn't be surprised if feek61has already identified the item in other episodes)
  • Is there a particular reason you omitted the 'medical crane' (introduced to the set in Season Two) and preferred the intercom panel instead?
Bob

P.S. I wonder if Shatner's white "body height booster" should also reflect in such renderings.
I suspect you've confused "omitted" with "hasn't gotten to it yet." (Donny can't do all of the Sick Bay adornments first.)

I notice he hasn't added the Robiani-Dermal Optic device controls, nor the emitter unit, for that matter. The mirror is missing from the door jamb into Dr. McCoy's office, and neither of the two instrument stands is there. The door to the sliding glass door cabinet is still missing, nothing is on the shelves yet, and the open/close button is not there yet. He used the first season slide switch on the overhead monitor instead of the third season design. I think we should just give Donny some time to actually do the work before we get too critical of the unfinished-ness.

More information about the Jefferies Seperator ("medical crane"?!) from "Journey to Babel" in this post from a little over a year ago:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=47
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2013, 03:00 PM   #224
Donny
Commander

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
I think we should just give Donny some time to actually do the work before we get too critical of the unfinished-ness.
It's quite all right, GSchnitzer. Robert and I have become quite the research partners since this thread started. I take it as inquisitive excitement, rather than criticism.

Thanks for the post on the Jefferies Seperator! Never realized that vial of red liquid was the human elements of Spock's blood being filtered out. (Glad I know its official name now, as well)

Old June 19 2013, 04:33 PM   #225
feek61
Captain

Looking good so far!!! Can't wait to see the video (and if you have the status board moving, lol).

Also I am looking forward to the next room . . . whatever that may be!!