Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old February 27 2013, 12:48 AM   #196
Titan Designer
Fleet Captain

View Titan Designer's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

I think what he is saying please discuss ships that are not in the Axanar fleet in another thread. (I could be wrong, often I am and I will be told...lol).
Titan Designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 10:23 AM   #197
Captain Jed R.
Lieutenant Commander

Howdy.

This looks like an amazing project, and I'll be waiting eagerly, as will many others I'm sure.

I've a question if I may: you mentioned far earlier in the thread that you weren't using the Kelvin design, because its a pure Abrams thing. Since you are using several designs that are also Abramsverse esque - albeit with TOS Nacelles and other details - would it not be possible to modify the Kelvin design slightly? Stick a new nacelle in, get rid of the window viewscreen and call it a refit? That would be a simplified way of describing how the other ship designs were modified, I'm certain, but could not the same principles be applied? Especially if you don't use the actual USS Kelvin.

Other than that, I look forward to this film. Good luck with it. :-)

Wibble.
Captain Jed R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 08:51 AM   #198
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

A good question. But we just decided not to get too much into the JJverse. The Kelvin was in the treatment but we changed things a bit. More important that Rabau be in the script, now with a new, bigger ship. He is Garth's friend and plays a major role in the Battle of Axanar.

Alec

Last edited by Loken; March 13 2013 at 05:24 PM.
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 12:36 AM   #199
topas
Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's really a great things you guys are attempting to achieve. I sincerely hope you will. Love all of the TR designs and the whole Axanar fleet shall indeed give a nice pre-TOS impression (with monor exception of those slightly post-TNG Klingon designs -> D5, Raptor... fortunately, the D4 and D6 are bridging the gap more than nicely).

Linnear wrote: View Post
USS Hermes, the prime timeline version of the USS Newton.
Whoever got quarters with a window must consider him-/herself lucky ) So few of those, even on the saucer rim. Love the round ones though

As for the uniform sketches; as it's pre-TOS gong for TheCage style and department colours would be the best choice. With all the TOS, classic gold-teal-red based fan productions already around the Cage colour theme would be a nice touch. Personally I favor those much more than the established 66-69 series designs (along with the more 'serious' bridge and overal design, but that's just my two cents)

Keep it up, please, and may the Great Bird bless upon your enterprise
topas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 07:32 AM   #200
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151368096732130&set=vb.2892565311888 77&type=2&theater

Enjoy!

Alec
Old May 31 2013, 09:19 PM   #201
Captain Atkin
Commander

Of all the Star Trek fan-films that are in production right now, this is the one that excites me the most. It just keeps looking better and better!
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 10:26 PM   #202
feek61
Captain

Looks frickin' amazing!!!!

Looking forward to more!
Old June 13 2013, 04:20 AM   #203
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Right now I am at the Star Trek: Phase II shoot. Yesterday, David Gerrold, the Star Trek legend who wrote The Trouble with Tribbles, and is now the new Star Trek: Phase II Show Runner, asked to read my script for Axanar. Today, he told me in front of the crew that it was a good script and close to being ready for filming. I was shocked and humbled. It is, after all, my first script. Much thanks to Dave Galanter who worked as story editor and John Muenchrath who started with me on this journey by dragging my ass into the Robert McKee screen writing seminar. David went on to give me notes, tell me what he really liked, and said he wants to be on set for the filming this fall. It is starting to get really fun.

Alec
Old June 13 2013, 02:25 PM   #204
Bixby
Commander

While I'm not going to discourage you from getting what you wish from McKee's methods, I prefer a different hands-on approach for screenwriting. I check out original scripts online, such as ones that survived to screen mostly untouched by the director (Scarface, Basic Instinct for example), and also read scripts that were heavily re-written (Zombieland for one).

Getting insights from established screenwriters is also good: I bought Joe Eszterhas' book which was a personal epiphany and remains a book I reread on a yearly basis. It has many pearls of wisdom inside from amazing writers such as Paddy Chayefsky.

I'm glad you got great praise from Gerrold, and I also am looking forward to your project with great interest...
Bixby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2013, 02:36 AM   #205
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Our first shoot is scheduled for the Fall Phase II shoot. We will be shooting for 10 days Starting September 22nd.

Thanks to James Cawley for rolling out the red carpet for us!

Alec
Old June 17 2013, 10:56 PM   #206
Danlav05
Commander

Loken wrote: View Post
Our first shoot is scheduled for the Fall Phase II shoot. We will be shooting for 10 days Starting September 22nd.

Thanks to James Cawley for rolling out the red carpet for us!

Alec
How great! Production on a few fanfilm projects seem to be picking up, Renegades shoots in the fall too.
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2013, 10:09 PM   #207
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

And we are about to announce that David Gerrold has joined the "Axanar" team as creative consultant. David is helping get the second draft of the script ready for filming.

Alec
Old June 30 2013, 02:53 PM   #208
surak-toc
Commander

really looking forward to this
surak-toc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2013, 05:20 AM   #209
Titan Designer
Fleet Captain

View Titan Designer's Twitter Profile

Here is something I created for the team tonight featuring the Ares.
Enjoy.

U.S.S. Ares designed by Sean P. Tourangeau
U.S.S. Ares mesh by Tobias Richter
Nebulae by Ali Ries

Here is a link to the larger file.
http://hammerheadgraphics.iwarp.com/Ares.jpg
Titan Designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2013, 05:10 PM   #210
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Stunning. A graceful ship, she be.