RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,678
Members: 24,827
Currently online: 490
Newest member: Sb118_James

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 16 2013, 04:33 PM   #16
Jax
Admiral

Re: The Last of Us

is it worth having a holster for a 2nd pistol? surely withy ammo being limited in the game its pointless?
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2013, 06:33 PM   #17
JD
Admiral

My PS3 is working again this morning.
I'd say it's worth using your resources for a second holster. I did it and as long as you have guns with two different types of ammo (I have the handgun and the revolver) he'll automatically switch to the gun in the second holster when the first one runs out of ammo.

Last edited by JD; June 16 2013 at 07:36 PM.
JD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2013, 07:29 PM   #18
RoJoHen
Awesome

JD wrote: View Post
My PS3 is working again this morning.4
I'd say it's worth using your resources for a second holster. I did it and as long as you have guns with two different types of ammo (I have the handgun and the revolver) he'll automatically switch to the gun in the second holster when the first one runs out of ammo.
I was wondering if that's what happens. I need to find another one of those work benches so I can make some upgrades.
Old June 16 2013, 08:17 PM   #19
Jax
Admiral

Nearing end of game now and DAM

At this rate Last of Us could become my favourite Naughtydog game and one of my favourite games ever.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old June 16 2013, 10:00 PM   #20
JD
Admiral

Damn.
Old June 16 2013, 11:24 PM   #21
Jax
Admiral

Completed the game,

wow just wow, what a game
Old June 16 2013, 11:30 PM   #22
RoJoHen
Awesome

About how long would you say it is? I just recently got to Pittsburgh. I feel like there's no way I'm even close to the end.
Old June 16 2013, 11:48 PM   #23
Jax
Admiral

^ hmmm not sure 12 hours minimum I say but could go to 15 hours+ - lose track of time playing it.
Old June 17 2013, 06:18 AM   #24
JD
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
About how long would you say it is? I just recently got to Pittsburgh. I feel like there's no way I'm even close to the end.
You've still got a ways to go. I was already quite a ways past Pittsburg when I hit 56%. I played about 3 or 4 hours after that, but I didn't get a chance to see my percentage.
It shows you you're percentage when you select your save file.
Old June 18 2013, 03:09 AM   #25
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

I finished it late Saturday/ early Sunday. If you go to BONUSES on the pause menu and then STATISTICS, you'll see your total time played stat. My first playthrough was 19 hours. That was so much more than a game. Definitely more than a movie. It was an experience.

The sounds were superb. Things like the sounds of your footsteps when you run from a Clicker... The sound of a dog barking in the background.. The birds chirping... These things are so subtle, but it totally added to the immersion factor.

With the foreknowledge that Grand Theft Auto V will be out later this year, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that this will be 2013's Game if the Year.... Or at least a strong contender.

I'm about 9 hours into a new Game Plus mode. I can't get enough if this!!
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2013, 03:11 AM   #26
JD
Admiral

I finished it this afternoon. That was a hell of an ending. Great in terms of character and story, but on moral grounds..... I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation.
Old June 18 2013, 03:37 AM   #27
RoJoHen
Awesome

I think I played too much the first day. I am not a gamer, by any means, so those 8 hours did me in. I'm playing in random 20-30 minute intervals now. Just fell down an elevator shaft. Things are dark and scary and monsters keep killing me.
Old June 22 2013, 09:06 AM   #28
RoJoHen
Awesome

Still plugging away. I just started "Spring" tonight. Powered through some infected monsters, and now I'm making my way through the hospital. This game really is incredible. I loved the giraffes in Salt Lake City. With humans mostly out of the way, the rest of the animal kingdom is taking back the world, and that's a really neat thing to see.

Anywho, I had to put the game down for the night, and I probably won't be able to play any more of it until Monday. I can tell I'm nearing the end, and it's really bumming me out. This game has been so fun. It's one of the only games I've ever played where I revel in the slow parts because I just enjoy walking around and taking in the scenery. The detail is incredible.
Old June 23 2013, 08:44 PM   #29
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Finished it the other day and clocked in at 21+ hours.
Fantastic game 10/10.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 08:37 PM   #30
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

I started a Survivor play through and it is pretty bitchin'!

You get less supplies and your enemies seem to have eyes in the back of their heads. I managed to get as far as the College Campus, but I don't then k I can go any further. I have 2 shots in my Shorty, no health and in a room with 6 Clickers and a Bloater. I need to find more ammo somehow. I must be missing something. I missed about 5 shiv doors because I didn't have a frickin' shiv.

I'll probably start over.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote