To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 11 2013, 05:21 PM   #76
t_smitts
Commander

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
They did, and it still exists, but only ever rendered to SD, so it's nowhere near detailed enough for any further work.
Which is ridiculous, because there is a full HD CG model used in a YouTube video that looks better than any thing in any version of TMP.
And if you look further through Youtube you'll find several videos from various fans that surpass things from even more recent shows.

Paramount could easily render a new model of far greater detail if they wanted, but so far I'm unaware of them even trying.
Well, until DS9 comes out in HD, they have no reason to.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 09:15 PM   #77
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

mythme wrote: View Post
I subscribed last Saturday. Got an email within seconds. I was expecting to wait until at least Monday for confirmation. looking forward to this line. Now my only problem is trying to find room for shelf space to display them.
I've got a 7 shelf cabinet (if you count the top) that I have trinkets on right now that I'm thinking about using. It has been kind of my DVD/BD overflow storage of like box sets of old series I'll probably never watch again. Just need to box that stuff up and put it all in the loft.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 05:07 AM   #78
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

trekker670 wrote: View Post
On StarTrek.com today. It sounds pretty interesting

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp
No Enterprise from the new movies, I see....
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 06:14 AM   #79
t_smitts
Commander

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
trekker670 wrote: View Post
On StarTrek.com today. It sounds pretty interesting

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp
No Enterprise from the new movies, I see....
If you check the complete list, it seems the alternate Enterprise is a special for UK buyers, but I'm sure it'll eventually make it's way to the US too.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...ips_Collection

(Worst case scenario, a few will eventually turn up on eBay).
Old June 13 2013, 01:11 PM   #80
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Now this is interesting. I sent an email to the earlier-mentioned address asking for confirmation of my pre-order, and this was their response:
Your details would have gone on to the US subscribers database and at the moment we have no access to it. We will be in touch nearer the launch date to confirm everything with you or email back in about 6 weeks and we should have more information for you
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
I'm now curious if those who actually received confirmation of their pre-order was a part of their UK database. I'm surprised to see that they have two separate databases, and even more surprised that they won't be able to give me a solid answer for another 6 weeks. Methinks they were unprepared for the influx of orders they are receiving. This is a good thing, I guess, as it may be enough to justify a longer run. In the meantime, however, they appear to be playing catch-up with their rapidly growing customer base. They must have seriously underestimated the potential popularity of this offering.
Old June 13 2013, 04:15 PM   #81
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Now this is interesting. I sent an email to the earlier-mentioned address asking for confirmation of my pre-order, and this was their response:
Your details would have gone on to the US subscribers database and at the moment we have no access to it. We will be in touch nearer the launch date to confirm everything with you or email back in about 6 weeks and we should have more information for you
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
I'm now curious if those who actually received confirmation of their pre-order was a part of their UK database. I'm surprised to see that they have two separate databases, and even more surprised that they won't be able to give me a solid answer for another 6 weeks. Methinks they were unprepared for the influx of orders they are receiving. This is a good thing, I guess, as it may be enough to justify a longer run. In the meantime, however, they appear to be playing catch-up with their rapidly growing customer base. They must have seriously underestimated the potential popularity of this offering.
It's reasons like this that I haven't pre-ordered yet. It'd be just my luck that they somehow lose my name off of the database when they get access to it again but then start charging me anyway. I will pre-order at some point closer to launch though.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 05:14 PM   #82
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Today's news is that CBS Studios has allowed Eaglemoss to produce ships from the JJ-films as Specials. So a USS Vengeance looks entirely possible at the moment. They already had the USS Enterprise and Kelvin planned, so I guess this will allow them to do more.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 05:31 PM   #83
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Very cool. The more the merrier. Still wish they would do a Centaur though...
Old June 14 2013, 09:34 PM   #84
t_smitts
Commander

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
^^^ Very cool. The more the merrier. Still wish they would do a Centaur though...
And an Andorian.
Old June 15 2013, 12:57 AM   #85
mythme
Commodore

Yes there a few noteworthy omissions

* There are no Federation shuttles or shuttlepods, save for the Delta Flyer (if that fits your definition of a "shuttle"). No workbees or inspection pods either. However, the Vulcan shuttle and Reman Scorpion are on the list.
* Daedelus
* Soyuz
* USS Pasteur
* No kitbashes from Wolf 359 or the DS9 "frankenstein fleet". Not big losses there but a few like the Centaur, the Niagara and the New Orleans would be ok
* Neghvar
* D7 cruiser
* Cardassian freighter
* Merchantman
* Xindi arboreal / Tellarite ship
* Xindi primate or Degra's ship
* Xindi superweapon
* Whorfin / Lakul
* Kazon raider
* Renegade Borg/Lore vessel
* Xhosa freighter
* The Andorian Kumari
* The Aeon
* THe Dauntless
* any TOS remastered ships - the Antares, the Aurora, the Medusan ship
* any Abramsverse ships (except the Kelvin, which technically is from the Prime universe)
* A wide assortment of more interesting "alien of the week" vessels.

Last edited by mythme; June 15 2013 at 03:24 PM.
mythme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2013, 08:24 PM   #86
t_smitts
Commander

Yes there a few noteworthy omissions

* There are no Federation shuttles or shuttlepods, save for the Delta Flyer (if that fits your definition of a "shuttle"). No workbees or inspection pods either. However, the Vulcan shuttle and Reman Scorpion are on the list.
* Daedelus
* Soyuz
* USS Pasteur
* No kitbashes from Wolf 359 or the DS9 "frankenstein fleet". Not big losses there but a few like the Centaur, the Niagara and the New Orleans would be ok
* Neghvar
* D7 cruiser
* Cardassian freighter
* Merchantman
* Xindi arboreal / Tellarite ship
* Xindi primate or Degra's ship
* Xindi superweapon
* Whorfin / Lakul
* Kazon raider
* Renegade Borg/Lore vessel
* Xhosa freighter
* The Andorian Kumari
* The Aeon
* THe Dauntless
* any TOS remastered ships - the Antares, the Aurora, the Medusan ship
* any Abramsverse ships (except the Kelvin, which technically is from the Prime universe)
* A wide assortment of more interesting "alien of the week" vessels.
-They ARE doing the Dauntless

-Daedalus was never really seen except as a desk model or a picture in the Chronology and Encyclopedia. I don't see them doing anything with that.

-Soyuz wasn't a bad look, but I don't see them just sticking a tailhook on a Reliant mold to give us that.

-I'm surprised they're not doing the D7, but it's been done before and done really well, so I'm not bothered too much. Galoob did a nice Negh'Var and Pasteur as well, so I'm fine

-I agree about the Kumari, the Merchantman, and the Groumall, (also the Jenolen).

-I'm kind of ambivalent about any Kazon ships (especially since, again, Galoob already did them). The Xindi were more memorable, but I'm sort of ambivalent about doing any more of the ships than have already been done. I don't really want the superweapon. Looks too much like a Borg Sphere to bother.

-Lakul? Meh. Xhosa? Meh.

-Aeon, maybe, but there's one's I'd rather have.

-Apart from the Breen ship, asymmetrical ships tend to look rather unpleasant to the eye, so I have no real interest in the rogue Borg ship.

-I'm glad they're not filling up a lot of slots with shuttles that could be filled by a ship instead. In fact it always bugged me that Micro Machines did a Spacedock shuttle, but not the Merchantman. I see the runabout and Delta Flyer on the list. That's enough, if you ask me.

-Centaur's about the only kitbash I'd care to see. New Orleans was only barely glimpsed as wreckage, so I don't see them doing anything with it. The rest are a mess and I do NOT want.

-I might agree with the remastered ships.

-They're already doing the alt-Enterprise and the Kelvin. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Narada and the Vengeance down the road.

-Frankly, there weren't too many alien-of-the-week ships that left an impression on me (particularly on Voyager), and there are other recurring ships or ones from major races (see above) that I'd give priority to.
Old June 16 2013, 11:24 PM   #87
Hawkke
Ensign

View Hawkke's Twitter Profile

Just stumbled across this collection and planning on getting in on it.

The.. well.. A Centaur was shown in a DS9 episode and if you look on the picture below its in the bottom right corner of the poster

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...74289784_n.jpg

I guess that does not guarantee a release, but it is on their radar
Old June 17 2013, 12:56 AM   #88
mythme
Commodore

I also see a Karemma ship, which wasn't on the original list.
Old June 17 2013, 01:13 AM   #89
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

Could the next American that pre-orders from the US website please post here or PM me when they get their confirmation email?

I want to pre-order, but I'm not trusting of doing that while their "American subscriber database" is down (if it still is). I don't trust my info getting through while they're having problems with the website.

There is already so much difference between the 70+ ships on their "provisional list" and the 23 revealed so far on their "US list" that it wouldn't surprise me there ends up being more difference between what they originally announced and what they do release.

Hopefully, if I had my way, they'd end up doing way more than the 70+ and the series would just continue on ad infinitum.

Last edited by Kevman7987; June 17 2013 at 01:26 AM.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2013, 04:46 AM   #90
Hawkke
Ensign

View Hawkke's Twitter Profile

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Could the next American that pre-orders from the US website please post here or PM me when they get their confirmation email?

I want to pre-order, but I'm not trusting of doing that while their "American subscriber database" is down (if it still is). I don't trust my info getting through while they're having problems with the website.

There is already so much difference between the 70+ ships on their "provisional list" and the 23 revealed so far on their "US list" that it wouldn't surprise me there ends up being more difference between what they originally announced and what they do release.

Hopefully, if I had my way, they'd end up doing way more than the 70+ and the series would just continue on ad infinitum.
Given proper revenue and production ability it would probably be a cash cow, especially with some tv coverage.