Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 6 2013, 08:39 PM   #16
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: here is number 3 out of 10: starship

Someone will just crash it into San Francisco.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 09:59 PM   #17
Pavonis
Commodore

kennysmith wrote: View Post
if you don't like a person to try, at less a am going to try to get it dun. if you don't think it can be dun. i like to see you to try on the computer to?.
What?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 12:14 AM   #18
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

If you're planning to design an FTL starship, you might want to skip the polls and get cracking on bending/breaking those pesky laws of physics.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 03:41 AM   #19
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

this is 4 of 10
now every one now here this please this project is just getting started ok, this ship will start with and from the tv show type of ship of ncc 1701<( with out the name) from TOS, it will let other do the FTL. how many of you are in a star trek club? please tell me the name of it and the numbers in it only. to the people who just look i want you to answer as well to. what state are you in as well to. please give me a chance.
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 08:02 AM   #20
ZapBrannigan
Fleet Captain

In real life, the closest things we have to starships are telescopes. Telescopes also serve as time machines by showing us the universe as it was in the distant past.

But to literally build a huge spacecraft that carries people would be too expensive these days. The government is too deep in debt.
ZapBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 08:16 AM   #21
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

to this person why can't you talk about what you think of a star ship then?.
i want to know if you could do any better?, when there is not much info that was not let out for us. the only way we have is just what is out there on the internet.
why don't you all send me a e-mail.

ZapBrannigan wrote: View Post
In real life, the closest things we have to starships are telescopes. Telescopes also serve as time machines by showing us the universe as it was in the distant past.

But to literally build a huge spacecraft that carries people would be too expensive these days. The government is too deep in debt.
Old June 7 2013, 08:32 AM   #22
ZapBrannigan
Fleet Captain

to this person why can't you talk about what you think of a star ship then?.
i want to know if you could do any better?, when there is not much info that was not let out for us. the only way we have is just what is out there on the internet.

Well, a real starship would have no artificial gravity and no turbo-elevator cars. You'd just float to any part of the ship. The crew would have personal nooks to sleep in, where you can pull a curtain closed to create privacy.

You'd have internal walls (or at least poles or columns) to mount things on, but no floors in the ship.

We might wish for a spinning section to simulate gravity, like in 2001 A Space Odyssey, but that's very difficult to build with real-life spacecraft hardware. Maybe impossible with today's knowhow.
Old June 8 2013, 09:16 PM   #23
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

question 4 of 10. i just wonder on how many persons ever did think of or if they could ever build a star ship on land and make it work?
i know i am only trying my best to look for thing as part of the star ship. i do knoe they only have wall only. but what is the space in between the walls and the hight floor to the cealing is the hard part to work out and a person here told me the hall way is 8' across.
Old June 8 2013, 10:38 PM   #24
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Nothing wrong with building it on land, as long as you can get it into orbit.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 02:51 PM   #25
ZapBrannigan
Fleet Captain

The only way you build the Enterprise on land, JJ style, is with bigtime anti-grav technology to loft it into space.

Otherwise you'd need a booster rocket that makes the Saturn V look like a toothpick, and that would burn a vast hole in the atmosphere.

Since anti-gravs are not around the corner in real life and we don't realistically expect them ever, you have to assemble your starship in space, like the International Space Station was put together.
Old June 9 2013, 07:19 PM   #26
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Nothing wrong with building it on land, as long as you can get it into orbit.
Depend on what you want. If you could travel from the surface of one planet, somehow directly to the surface of another planet, that would be a workable way of exploring the galaxy. Skip the whole moving through interstellar space thing.

Explore planets and not space.

Not exactly Star Trek, but I would be willing to accept it.

Lead by example, if you want E-mails and the addresses that come with them, then provide yours first.

But I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited by T'Girl; June 9 2013 at 07:29 PM.
T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 07:36 PM   #27
Moriarty
Ensign

Humanity's next goal in space exploration is to get to Mars. Whatever craft needs to exist to do that should be built next. Maybe a star ship eventually, but you can't skip the steps in between.
Moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 04:23 AM   #28
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

i just wonder why no one like to answer any of my question i have put down here. i am trying to get a feal of what you all think. there is not a lot of info of just the star ship. each group from most states will try to get as many people to get help from. i want you all to know i am trying my best to give you what i know. there is not info out there about the star ship.

Moriarty wrote: View Post
Humanity's next goal in space exploration is to get to Mars. Whatever craft needs to exist to do that should be built next. Maybe a star ship eventually, but you can't skip the steps in between.
Old June 10 2013, 04:34 AM   #29
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

i just wonder why no one like to answer any of my question i have put down here. i am trying to get a feal of what you all think. there is not a lot of info of just the star ship. each group from most states will try to get as many people to get help from. i want you all to know i am trying my best to give you what i know. there is not info out there about the star ship.
I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time telling what information you need, kenny.
Old June 13 2013, 06:28 AM   #30
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

Misfit Toy wrote: View Post
The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
Would I like to see it happen? Absolutely.
Do I think it will happen? Not likely.
Same here.
Ditto.
if you don't like a person to try, at less a am going to try to get it dun. if you don't think it can be dun. i like to see you to try on the computer to?.

Misfit Toy wrote: View Post
The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
Would I like to see it happen? Absolutely.
Do I think it will happen? Not likely.
Same here.
Kenny, are you trying to build a real one?
Are you trying to build one on your computer?
Are you trying to build a non-working starship on the ground?

If you can tell more about what you want to do, maybe we can help you better, Kenny. Lots of people here would help you, but you need to help us understand what you need... OK?