RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 507
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 11 2013, 05:11 PM   #91
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: E3 2013 Discussion

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Disappointing Nintendo. As an Nintendo fan I loved what I saw, but this will do nothing to expand your market. Where's the Wii Sports U? You can't just appeal to your core Nintendo fanbase if you want to stay afloat this generation.
I don't agree with that at all, that's what keeps them afloat, and Wii Sports U isn't for E3 Nintendo Direct. What Nintendo's issue is I have NEVER seen an ad for Wii U, no one knows it's out.

Plus if they make it $250, it's half the cost of the other consoles so that's a huge benefit.

Having said that the 3DS looks like the best system.
Old June 11 2013, 05:21 PM   #92
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Old June 11 2013, 05:25 PM   #93
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Disappointing Nintendo. As an Nintendo fan I loved what I saw, but this will do nothing to expand your market. Where's the Wii Sports U? You can't just appeal to your core Nintendo fanbase if you want to stay afloat this generation.
I don't agree with that at all, that's what keeps them afloat, and Wii Sports U isn't for E3 Nintendo Direct. What Nintendo's issue is I have NEVER seen an ad for Wii U, no one knows it's out.
The core Nintendo fanbase leads to Gamecube level sales. At best. Nintendo needs to do better than that.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 06:19 PM   #94
Jax
Admiral

Official PlayStation 4 Used Games Instructional Video:

Also www.xboxdone.com takes you too...
Old June 11 2013, 06:24 PM   #95
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

The core Nintendo fanbase leads to Gamecube level sales. At best. Nintendo needs to do better than that.

Once they get word out they have a new system, that can play your Wii games and it's so much easier and cheaper than the others I think they will be fine.
Old June 11 2013, 06:41 PM   #96
Steven
Admiral

Once they get word out they have a new system, that can play your Wii games and it's so much easier and cheaper than the others I think they will be fine.
Maybe. But Nintendo needs to do something more if they want to be the single console that a person owns, or if they are happy with being the 2nd console that someone owns in addition to the Xbox or Playstation.

They need to sit down with the 3rd parties and figure out how to get those games on the Wii U, despite whatever technical differences they may have against the PS4 and XBone. Ubisoft has been pretty good about that, what with Watch Dogs and AC4 coming to the Wii U, but that's about it for 3rd parties.

It would be nice (for me anyways) if Square Enix could be convinced to bring Final Fantasy back to where it started, on a Nintendo console.

Overall, I think Nintendo's presentation was ok. Nothing really convinced me that I need to get a Wii U yet though.
Old June 11 2013, 07:01 PM   #97
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

The Nintendo Direct thing was HORRIBLE, but I think they might be OK if they get their act together before Christmas. They need ads, they have a few games out by then that will look decent, maybe have a demo of one level of Super Smash Bros: Stupid Name with a few characters, and bundle it with the system.

But $330 for a Nintendo system is stupid. If they make it $250ish they can get the Sony fans to buy one instead of the mess that Xbox has become.

Last system I bought was a Gamecube. The only system I'd buy would be a 3DS and I refuse to spend that much money for a handheld.
Old June 11 2013, 07:14 PM   #98
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I'm not buying a Wii U until it's $250 for the deluxe. Maybe $300 for an amazing bundle. Yeah, yeah, I know, the screen is expensive. I don't care. I'm not paying more than that when the supercomputer known as the PS4 is only $399.

Old June 11 2013, 08:36 PM   #99
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

It's about time!

And here's one of the games I'm definitely looking forward to:

Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 08:47 PM   #100
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Some more Nintendo:

Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 09:20 PM   #101
MNM
Captain

The new Mario 3d and Mario Kart look awesome!

I also just caught the Dragon Age 3 Trailer. Morrigan, woo! I just wish that guy at the end was the Warden, back to play. It wont be, but hell, I'd pay more for the game if it was.
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 09:33 PM   #102
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Chris3123 wrote: View Post

It's about time!
Throw in Simon Belmont and I guarantee a day one purchase from me.

Old June 11 2013, 09:44 PM   #103
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

How about the Wii Fit Trainer? Cos that's who they announced this evening.
Old June 11 2013, 10:34 PM   #104
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Week one purchase, but not day one.

Old June 11 2013, 11:50 PM   #105
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

I'm not buying a Wii U until it's $250 for the deluxe. Maybe $300 for an amazing bundle. Yeah, yeah, I know, the screen is expensive. I don't care. I'm not paying more than that when the supercomputer known as the PS4 is only $399.
That's pretty much how I feel as well. The price has to come down on the Wii U before I get it. As for Nintendo Direct, didn't mind what they showed in it. Wasn't too bad in my opinion. As for the PS4, can't wait to get that some day. But for now, I'll stick with getting a PS3.