Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 10 2013, 01:20 PM   #16
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: So, I met my first slew of Trek stars

I've met her several times. My favorite story (which people are probably sick of) was sitting with her at the Friday night cocktail party.

She went off on Stuart Baird. A five minute rant on how inept he was, how he didn't even like Star Trek, etc. She talked about how he walked out on her first scene because she was arguing with him.

Last year when I saw her I reminded her of our conversation and told her how much I appreciated her honesty. She said "My mouth gets me into a lot of trouble."

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 06:29 PM   #17
RXTT
Lieutenant

That is awesome! I have never been to a con, but when I do I hope it is as exciting as your experience!

RXTT.NET
RXTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 06:51 PM   #18
Sran
Fleet Captain

1001001 wrote: View Post
Last year when I saw her I reminded her of our conversation and told her how much I appreciated her honesty. She said "My mouth gets me into a lot of trouble."
Her comments about Deep Space 9 have rubbed people the wrong way, too. Sirtis is a great actress, but her professionalism leaves much to be desired at times.

--Sran
Old June 10 2013, 09:20 PM   #19
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Amasov wrote: View Post
Levar brought the house down with something he said to Shatner. I'm having trouble remembering the context, but I think Shatner had brought up working with James Doohan and, again, Shatner being Shatner, he wouldn't let Levar finish what he was saying, so Levar just screamed out, "HE'S DEAD, JIM!"
I could definitely picture that.

Well, Shatner also mentioned that he's in the process of editing a recent documentary he made where he talks about the first two years of TNG and interviews each of the cast members.
His interviews with all of the other captains last year was terrific, so I wouldn't be surprised if the TNG documentary turns out well.

I read up that the Star Trek Creations group had Stewart originally scheduled but had to bail, so Shatner came in his place. While Stewart would've been great, I'll bet Shatner spiced it up even more. Apparently the same combo will be appearing in Vegas this August. I just wish I'd known about the Boston one--could have actually driven to it.
Old June 10 2013, 10:19 PM   #20
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Gary7 wrote: View Post
Levar brought the house down with something he said to Shatner. I'm having trouble remembering the context, but I think Shatner had brought up working with James Doohan and, again, Shatner being Shatner, he wouldn't let Levar finish what he was saying, so Levar just screamed out, "HE'S DEAD, JIM!"
I could definitely picture that.

Well, Shatner also mentioned that he's in the process of editing a recent documentary he made where he talks about the first two years of TNG and interviews each of the cast members.
His interviews with all of the other captains last year was terrific, so I wouldn't be surprised if the TNG documentary turns out well.

I read up that the Star Trek Creations group had Stewart originally scheduled but had to bail, so Shatner came in his place. While Stewart would've been great, I'll bet Shatner spiced it up even more. Apparently the same combo will be appearing in Vegas this August. I just wish I'd known about the Boston one--could have actually driven to it.
Frakes was supposed to be there also, but he had a last minute cancellation. Brent mentioned to me he had a directing gig in Florida.
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 10:20 PM   #21
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Sran wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
Her comments about Deep Space 9 have rubbed people the wrong way, too. Sirtis is a great actress, but her professionalism leaves much to be desired at times.

--Sran
By the way, what has she said about Deep Space Nine?
Old June 10 2013, 10:44 PM   #22
Sran
Fleet Captain

By the way, what has she said about Deep Space Nine?
She calls it Deep Sleep 9.

--Sran
Old June 11 2013, 01:15 AM   #23
Amasov
Rear Admiral

If anyone's interested, I did take a few videos from the various panels and I'm uploading them to YouTube as we speak. I'll share them here if you guys want to see.

Last edited by Amasov; June 11 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old June 11 2013, 01:40 AM   #24
Opus
Commodore

Hey Amasov,

I was there too! My family and I had a great time as well. We had similar talks as you with the cast members, and actually had a really nice conversation with Michael Dorn. I mentioned about his becoming Vegan and we chatted for quite a while about it. He was very nice. Got to also speak with Denise Crosby who was also a sweetheart. And we got THE BEST pic with LeVar and Brent.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 01:41 AM   #25
Sran
Fleet Captain

If anyone's interested, I did take a few videos from the various panels and I'm uploading them to YouTube as we speak. I'll share them here if you guys want to see.
Sounds interesting. Thank you again for sharing your weekend experience with us!

--Sran
Old June 11 2013, 04:01 AM   #26
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Here are Levar and Marina discussing Into Darkness.

For those who haven't seen it yet, beware of spoilers.

Last edited by Amasov; June 11 2013 at 06:37 AM.