RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,679
Members: 24,204
Currently online: 918
Newest member: Bashir Trikona

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old June 4 2013, 06:50 PM   #151
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: Best Audio Book?

Sindatur wrote: View Post
OK, so a subscription pays for the monthly releases of the category you subscribe to for the length of time you subscribe? you don't have to purchase a certain number of disks in that line, on top of the Subscription fee?
Pretty much. Basically, you're pre-ordering either 6 or 12 months at a time (of whatever range you choose), and get a discount, bonus stuff, and free shipping.
Old June 4 2013, 07:06 PM   #152
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
OK, so a subscription pays for the monthly releases of the category you subscribe to for the length of time you subscribe? you don't have to purchase a certain number of disks in that line, on top of the Subscription fee?
Pretty much. Basically, you're pre-ordering either 6 or 12 months at a time (of whatever range you choose), and get a discount, bonus stuff, and free shipping.
Cool, so, in July, I subscribe to Main Range for 6 months, got it, thanks

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 07:44 PM   #153
VDCNI
Captain

Careful, there are two releases in September and the sub is six releases not months.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 07:50 PM   #154
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Careful, there are two releases in September and the sub is six releases not months.
Ah...Thank you...So many details, LOL

Old June 4 2013, 07:52 PM   #155
VDCNI
Captain

Looking at it you'd have to start with the August release - 176. Starlight Robbery but that's the middle part of a trilogy so you may be better starting with the second September release 178. Fanfare For The Common Men which is the first part of a 50th anniversary themed trilogy they are doing - one story each for Davison, Baker & McCoy all set in 1963.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 04:08 AM   #156
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Also announced in the cast? Lynda B, returning as The Inquisitor.

So yeah, time to save up for a year's sub.
I saw that. She was a fine addition to the Gallifrey series so I know she'll be great here, too. I just wish Bonnie Langford was in it as well.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 05:42 AM   #157
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She's a chubby chaser.

(Notice how quickly Melanie abandoned the thin 7th Doctor when she got a good look at Glitz's pie-belly?)

Who is the fat man she can cling to and feed diet shakes in/on Gallifrey?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 01:47 PM   #158
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

Big Finish are starting a book club with cheap downloads.

First up is the very first audio Sirens in Time for £2.99

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/intr...-the-listeners
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 03:28 AM   #159
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Pindar wrote: View Post

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like a monthly sort of "book club" but with audios, and done online. Is there any interest in doing our own here, with each month's title? At 3 bucks, it's something most may be able to afford, and for those who have been listening for a long time, maybe they haven't heard each month's story in awhile (depending on what those later stories are).

Provided there are others who would be up for discussing, I'll start a new thread next weekend. That should give people time to get it and give it a listen.

Then again, if no one is up for it, that's cool too.
Old June 9 2013, 11:51 AM   #160
Pindar
Rear Admiral

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like a monthly sort of "book club" but with audios, and done online. Is there any interest in doing our own here, with each month's title? At 3 bucks, it's something most may be able to afford, and for those who have been listening for a long time, maybe they haven't heard each month's story in awhile (depending on what those later stories are).

Provided there are others who would be up for discussing, I'll start a new thread next weekend. That should give people time to get it and give it a listen.

Then again, if no one is up for it, that's cool too.
I'd be up for it bu ill be away on holiday next weekend, no phone, no TV, no Internet.
Old June 9 2013, 05:09 PM   #161
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Well, this Book Club is really cool. I figured it would be a subscription service, and checked it out anyways, and I find out that, no, they just discount the download site-wide. Totally cool for me, since I prefer the downloads, it'll be a great way to add to my back catalog, which although I have quite a number of Audioplays already is rather small in the grand scheme of what's available. I would imagine they won't pick any stories that are universally considered poor (and probably sticking to stories that were well received, or at least just going in order for the range, either way, "Two Wings up" from Me)

Downloading Sirens of Time now

Old June 10 2013, 03:03 AM   #162
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There are poor stories that were not well received?

NEVER!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 07:22 PM   #163
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

So, I finally got around to downloading those Minister of Chance Audios that Pindar linked a couple pages back, and decided to Google/Wiki to find out where The Minister of Chance came from, which led me to Death Comes to Time, and I found the Flash Animation for Death Comes to Time on both Youtube and another popular streaming site, in case there's anyone else like me, who's not familiar with Death Comes to Time or just wants to watch it again, if they have it. I'll probably watch the Flash Animation tomorrow Night (2hrs 58 minutes for the 5 episodes, and I'll be watching the S3 premiere episodes of Falling Skies tonight, so Death Comes to Time will be tomorrow night's entertainment)

Old June 10 2013, 11:12 PM   #164
Pindar
Rear Admiral

So, I finally got around to downloading those Minister of Chance Audios that Pindar linked a couple pages back, and decided to Google/Wiki to find out where The Minister of Chance came from, which led me to Death Comes to Time, and I found the Flash Animation for Death Comes to Time on both Youtube and another popular streaming site, in case there's anyone else like me, who's not familiar with Death Comes to Time or just wants to watch it again, if they have it. I'll probably watch the Flash Animation tomorrow Night (2hrs 58 minutes for the 5 episodes, and I'll be watching the S3 premiere episodes of Falling Skies tonight, so Death Comes to Time will be tomorrow night's entertainment)
A new episode of Minister of Chance came out the other day.
Old June 10 2013, 11:48 PM   #165
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

A new episode of Minister of Chance came out the other day.
I downloaded the Prologue, plus 5 episodes, last one is Episode 5 In a Bank on the River Hex 51:50 running time. Is that the latest, or do I need to look in another spot on the site? I just downloaded them yesterday about 3pm California Time

Be awhile before I listen to them, but, they are ready for me, when I do get to them.

BTW, how ya doin' now? All better? You seem to have some color back in your posting (You were sick and drugged up...right?)