Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 9 2013, 02:05 AM   #31
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: When Did different species achieve space travel/ warp?

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
I wouldn't want to hamstring the writers like that. Even TOS made it up as it went along.
I know that you are right. They should leave it vague for the sake of the writers. I also have my own version of events in my mind of what happened that makes sense to me and would probably be unhappy with what they came up with.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 12:35 PM   #32
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Cayomagnetking wrote: View Post
Are there no episodes that dealt with the events leading from Earth finding how to warp?
No. Nothing in Star Trek at the highest continuity level (e.g. official, filmed Trek) discusses the FC to Broken Bow era.
If you include TAS along with Voyager, Enterprise and TNG (some from a visual display in Up a Long Ladder) you get ...

Zephram Cochrane's first warp flight as on April 5, 2063

The SS Valiant left Earth relatively soon after, eventual they reached the galactic barrier, in the year 2265 the ship had been missing over 200 years.

In 2067 the warp drive probe Friendship One leaves Earth, eventual it reached the delta quadrant.

Around 2069 the Human colony bound for Terra Nova left Earth, arriving on June 23, 2078 after a nine-year warp flight. By the year 2151 the colony had been silent for over seventy years.

The Terratin colony also left Earth around this time, they originally named their colony Terra Ten. Suggest a number of colony efforts before their departure.

By the year 2102 Humans were building multiple J-class freighters (where Travis was born). Also in that year the SS Hokule was on a mission of "deep space" exploration.

In 2105, the VK Yuri Gagarin was launched from Earth on a colonization mission.

In 2120 the HMS Lord Nelson (British?) was launched from Earth on a mission of "deep space" exploration.

In 2135, the HMS New Zealand was launched from Earth on a diplomatic mission.

In 2146, the Urusei Yatsura was launched from Earth on a mission to conduct a nebula survey project. In real life the closest nebula to Earth is SH 2-216 which is about 400 light years away, Helix Nebula at 700 light years is the closest of the bright planetary nebulae.

In 2151 Travis said: "I always thought lost colonies affected boomers." Travis statement was with "colonies" in the plural, so Terra Nova was not the only lost colony. This implies Earth had multiple colonies by 2151.

Last edited by T'Girl; June 9 2013 at 12:48 PM.
T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 06:32 PM   #33
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

T'Girl wrote: View Post
If you include TAS along with Voyager, Enterprise and TNG (some from a visual display in Up a Long Ladder) you get ...

Zephram Cochrane's first warp flight as on April 5, 2063

The SS Valiant left Earth relatively soon after, eventual they reached the galactic barrier, in the year 2265 the ship had been missing over 200 years.

In 2067 the warp drive probe Friendship One leaves Earth, eventual it reached the delta quadrant.

Around 2069 the Human colony bound for Terra Nova left Earth, arriving on June 23, 2078 after a nine-year warp flight. By the year 2151 the colony had been silent for over seventy years.

The Terratin colony also left Earth around this time, they originally named their colony Terra Ten. Suggest a number of colony efforts before their departure.

By the year 2102 Humans were building multiple J-class freighters (where Travis was born). Also in that year the SS Hokule was on a mission of "deep space" exploration.

In 2105, the VK Yuri Gagarin was launched from Earth on a colonization mission.

In 2120 the HMS Lord Nelson (British?) was launched from Earth on a mission of "deep space" exploration.

In 2135, the HMS New Zealand was launched from Earth on a diplomatic mission.

In 2146, the Urusei Yatsura was launched from Earth on a mission to conduct a nebula survey project. In real life the closest nebula to Earth is SH 2-216 which is about 400 light years away, Helix Nebula at 700 light years is the closest of the bright planetary nebulae.

In 2151 Travis said: "I always thought lost colonies affected boomers." Travis statement was with "colonies" in the plural, so Terra Nova was not the only lost colony. This implies Earth had multiple colonies by 2151.
I should have clarified what I meant better then. Yes, we do get some factoids about some events during that era, but nothing like an event-by-event timeline of specific happenings. Nothing specific about the rebuild of human civilization after WW3 up to a United Earth. Nothing specific about the entirety of human space colonization between those events. No specifics, just closed-ended factoids.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 07:06 PM   #34
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Yes, we do get some factoids about some events during that era, but nothing like an event-by-event timeline of specific happenings.
That would apply for the vast majority of the Star Trek universe timeline, and not just between first warp and Enterprise. We get little windows separated by time, what's happening in the Federation is largely a mystery.

T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote