New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 5 2013, 07:18 PM   #61
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
They did, and it still exists, but only ever rendered to SD, so it's nowhere near detailed enough for any further work.
Which is ridiculous, because there is a full HD CG model used in a YouTube video that looks better than any thing in any version of TMP. Look up a video called "Star Trek- A Space Odyssey". EDIT: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPr...e_gdata_player It's a full HD recreation of the space dock scene from early in the film from the initial shuttle pod approach and fly around, to clearing moorings and departure to a flight through the solar system past Jupiter and then a jump to Warp. Point being, is that using this model, they could recreate every exterior scene in the film.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; June 5 2013 at 08:11 PM.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 07:23 PM   #62
MacLeod
Admiral

Trek Survivor wrote: View Post
I got the pilot run of these last May/June. Good models, interesting enough magazine. Will probably get some more.

Rest assured on Eaglemoss - check out their Marvel Figurine Collection which ran from 2005-2012 (actually, maybe a bit into this year as well). Amazing models, and a real commitment to complete what they set out to do (that was so popular it kept getting extended).

The reports that they needed a new factory to handle production are true.

The reports that they underestimated initial demand was also true.

They released their little test run (like they usually do with the partworks) and somehow forgot to remember that, in these internet times, everybody (nationally and internationally!) can learn about the new series within minutes! Suddenly, it wasn't just a few folk in the SW of England that were interested...
Agreed, as I'm in the NW of England and subscribed to it for the inital run. Hopefully they'll learn the lesson next time that in the Internet age they might get subscribers from outside the trial area. Let alone international interest.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 07:45 PM   #63
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
They've released a new photo of several...many models, including the Defiant, K'Tinga, and Intrepid (Voyager). https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekStarships
Damn! They really do appear to be of a higher-than-normal quality I've come to expect from most mass-produced ship replica lines. I'm very psyched for these things.
Old June 6 2013, 02:24 PM   #64
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

New photo of the three subscription loyalty bonus models up: Borg Cube - it's HUGE! (looks to be 6"x 6"x 6", maybe 6.5", I can't tell), "AGT" ENT-D, and Enterprise Dedication Plaque.
Old June 6 2013, 02:32 PM   #65
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

One word:
Old June 7 2013, 02:57 PM   #66
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Can someone with Facebook ask them about confirmation of pre-order e-mails (and why such aren't sent out)?

(No, I do not have a facebook account. Nor will I ever.)

Do they have Twitter?

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 03:48 PM   #67
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I would if I had a FaceBook account...
Old June 7 2013, 10:37 PM   #68
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

OK, I asked on FB. I'll let you know if/how they respond.
Old June 8 2013, 04:34 AM   #69
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Seems like several other people have had confirmation email issues as per their posts on FB. I got mine within minutes of ordering. Might be due to your spam/junk filter.

Yep, just checked my email backlog...it's from startrek-ships@eaglemoss-service.com. You can subsequently email that address for issues pertaining to the confirmation email or call 0844 493 6091
Old June 8 2013, 04:49 AM   #70
t_smitts
Commander

Looks like a few people on Facebook were asking about Canadian shipping too and got this encouraging reply:

"we are arranging this at the moment and hope to have some more news for you in the next few weeks"

Well, we can hope.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2013, 06:50 PM   #71
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Seems like several other people have had confirmation email issues as per their posts on FB. I got mine within minutes of ordering. Might be due to your spam/junk filter.

Yep, just checked my email backlog...it's from startrek-ships@eaglemoss-service.com. You can subsequently email that address for issues pertaining to the confirmation email or call 0844 493 6091
Just looked through my junk mail... nada.

Just junk.

Sent an e-mail in. See what we get.

Last edited by Frontier; June 8 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2013, 04:42 AM   #72
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Frontier wrote: View Post

Just looked through my junk mail... nada.

Just junk.

Sent an e-mail in. See what we get.
Good luck. Not much luck getting replies by email. However, posts on their FB page usually get responses from staff.
Old June 11 2013, 12:16 AM   #73
mythme
Commodore

I subscribed last Saturday. Got an email within seconds. I was expecting to wait until at least Monday for confirmation. looking forward to this line. Now my only problem is trying to find room for shelf space to display them.
Old June 11 2013, 03:03 AM   #74
t_smitts
Commander

mythme wrote: View Post
I subscribed last Saturday. Got an email within seconds. I was expecting to wait until at least Monday for confirmation. looking forward to this line. Now my only problem is trying to find room for shelf space to display them.
Considering it'll be months before even the first one arrives, and they'll be well staggered out after that, you have plenty of time to sort out a display arrangement.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 03:12 PM   #75
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
They did, and it still exists, but only ever rendered to SD, so it's nowhere near detailed enough for any further work.
Which is ridiculous, because there is a full HD CG model used in a YouTube video that looks better than any thing in any version of TMP.
And if you look further through Youtube you'll find several videos from various fans that surpass things from even more recent shows.

Paramount could easily render a new model of far greater detail if they wanted, but so far I'm unaware of them even trying.
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote