Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 5 2013, 10:44 AM   #316
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

tighr wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I do have one question though, why did a lot of you guys stick with this througout out the season when you seemed to not enjoy any of it? Don't you guys have other things to watch?.
I stayed out of desperation that the season finale would give me a good reason to tune in to season 2. I came into this year with high hopes for this show, being the only new series I picked up this year.
Go and catch up on Arrow. Much better than Revolution.

I admit, though, Revolution has the soap opera factor going.
Forget all the apocalypse stuff. It comes alldown to this tiny group of people who scheme and plot to kill each other, change allegiances based on what fits their personal agenda of the moment best.
The recap of the season at the beginning of the finale confirmed that to me.

Last edited by Timelord Victorious; June 5 2013 at 03:07 PM.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 11:25 AM   #317
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The music at the beginning of the episode with the montage.

They stole that from Supernatural.

(Really?)

If they use the same piece of music next year during the season finale, then we'll know for sure that they stole that from Supernatural.

Difference is...

The Song from Supernatural didn't suck.

Well the Revolution song didn't suck per say, but it was definitely "meh".

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 02:16 PM   #318
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
I admit, though, Revolution has the soap opera factor going.
Forget all the apocalypse stuff. It comes alldown to this tiny group of people who scheme and plot to kill each other, change allegiances based on what fits their personal agenda of the moment best.
The recap of the season at the beginning of the finally confirmed that to me.
That's the same, "soap opera," that exists on the Walking Dead. Revolution is however inhibited by FCC rules on network television.

Nanities = Walker virus

Miles = Rick

Google Guy = Herschel

Monroe = Governor

Tom Neville = Daryl

Rachel = Andrea
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 03:42 PM   #319
Tom
Rear Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post
Are we sure those nukes actually made it to Philly and Atlanta? I mean couldn't they just turn the power back off again and wouldn't those nukes just drop out of the sky?

We didn't hear any explosions and there were still time left so I got the feelings there was still time to turn power off an since we seen planes drop out of the sky when power went off, then wouldn't the missiles or atleast the guidance computer quit working?
Thats a good point, but you get the impression that the nukes were just about at there targets and after Flynn damaged the controls and killed himself it did not look like they were scrambling to turn the power off.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 05:31 PM   #320
Scout101
Admiral

Minor annoyance, and I know they just wanted the symbolic view of the power being restored, but why do all the lights suddenly work? Even if you accept that these little magical nanites can absorb electricity (except when that would be bad, and then they don't), things that are plugged in STILL wouldn't work. Little problem of supply, no? Once the power failed, I'd have to imagine people stopped tending the power plants, and didn't bother to keep generating power. Especially after 15 years. I'd think that even if power became physically possible again, you'd still need a pretty good effort to repair power plants, reactivate them, fix transmission lines, and THEN you'd get some flickers of power in homes.

It's less annoying than the explanation for why the power went out, but still, got a out of me...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 05:37 PM   #321
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post

It's less annoying than the explanation for why the power went out, but still, got a out of me...
Perhaps we'll assume that everyone they showed the power coming back on was wired up to the Hoover dam or a wind electric connection - both of which would instantly work in that scenario.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 07:02 PM   #322
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

(Really?)

If they use the same piece of music next year during the season finale, then we'll know for sure that they stole that from Supernatural.
I don't really mind that Eric Kripke stole from himself.
Old June 5 2013, 08:26 PM   #323
ralfy
Lieutenant

I could barely watch the first two episodes, and gave up after that.
ralfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 09:04 PM   #324
MPH
Rear Admiral

Well season 2 just got of a hell of alot more interesting hope the power doesn't go off again.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 11:48 PM   #325
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

(Really?)

I don't really mind that Eric Kripke stole from himself.
Jerking off in your sleep is still rape.

Old June 6 2013, 02:18 AM   #326
Scout101
Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post

Perhaps we'll assume that everyone they showed the power coming back on was wired up to the Hoover dam or a wind electric connection - both of which would instantly work in that scenario.
Know you're just being cute, but they DID show power coming back across the whole country. Also, Life After People addressed the Hoover Dam directly. Walk out tomorrow and lock the door, and the generators fail in about a year, turbines get trashed. so no...

Just little things, I guess. Kinda like in Defiance, they keep showing the St. Louis Arch. In the show, it's damaged but fine. SyFy keeps showing it in the promo missing a big chunk of the top. Looks cool, but fails basic math. Without the top (you know, the keystone), an arch won't stand up. Come on.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old June 6 2013, 02:36 AM   #327
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The bottom third of the Arch is underground from when the terraformers went apeshit.

According the "apocrypha" the arch was also disconnected from it's foundations, and thowen into the air, and then caught by a tidal landslide, and then squeezed into a completely different shaped arch as the Earth settled.

Last edited by Guy Gardener; June 6 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old June 6 2013, 12:00 PM   #328
Scout101
Admiral

It's shown as essentially whole (just damaged) on the show, and missing the top chunk in the SyFy promos.
Old June 7 2013, 06:03 PM   #329
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I think what really, REALLY gets to me is the ridiculous "personal motivations" that the writers seem to switch in an instant. For instance, why the HELL is Monroe still alive? They've set him up as the paranoid, psycho dictator and we spent most of the first season with Miles on a mission to get his nephew and kill Monroe. He gets the chance to kill him, but doesn't do it.

We also get a flashback of how he was determined to kill him, but couldn't go through with it.

Rachel is determined to kill him for the death of her son. She is so determined to kill him that she is willing to blow herself up to do it. But she fails. Just hours (a day at most) later, she has the chance to kill him inside the "tower," but....decides not to. Huh?

Miles and Monroe fight in the woods, and savagely attack each other, and Miles has the perfect chance to kill Monroe but....can't.

Devious Neville finally has Monroe tied up and on his knees, and points a gun at his head.....but spares his life. And then Miles comes and inexplicably sets Monroe free.

Sweet Zombie Jesus. Would someone please just kill this man????
Old June 7 2013, 10:32 PM   #330
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

The tower? The tower? RAPUNZEL!!!
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote