RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,675
Posts: 5,212,684
Members: 24,201
Currently online: 603
Newest member: KieBH84


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 4 2013, 05:35 PM   #61
PorthosShadow
Fleet Captain
 
PorthosShadow's Avatar
 
Location: Hermans Head
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

junxon wrote: View Post
i'm hoping somehow due to wacky timeyness, the next doctor ends up being john hurt. think how cool it'd be to have him for a whole series.

otherwise i reckon damien lewis would nail it, though he's probably too busy playing the worlds only ginger al-qaeda member

and for super unlikely longshot, i pick bradley walsh.
It's not entirely unlikely that Jon Hurt could be a future incarnation of The Doctor or the 12th. When The Doctor was explaining the light thingy he mentioned that it also included the days he hadn't lived yet. So it's possible that when he stepped into said light thingy to rescue Clara he saw the 12th Doctor and what he or rather would do. Also, if it were true then it would be the one possibility the fewest people are buying into.
__________________
"India must be the future because we all know there are no neck ties in the future and everyone can do math"
PorthosShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 05:56 PM   #62
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

PorthosShadow wrote: View Post
junxon wrote: View Post
i'm hoping somehow due to wacky timeyness, the next doctor ends up being john hurt. think how cool it'd be to have him for a whole series.

otherwise i reckon damien lewis would nail it, though he's probably too busy playing the worlds only ginger al-qaeda member

and for super unlikely longshot, i pick bradley walsh.
It's not entirely unlikely that Jon Hurt could be a future incarnation of The Doctor or the 12th. When The Doctor was explaining the light thingy he mentioned that it also included the days he hadn't lived yet. So it's possible that when he stepped into said light thingy to rescue Clara he saw the 12th Doctor and what he or rather would do. Also, if it were true then it would be the one possibility the fewest people are buying into.
Except that at the end of Name of the Doctor, 11 is well aware of the HurtDoctor, and what his "crimes against Humanity" are, so, he's either a past incarnation or a Future incarnation he's already interacted with that we haven't seen yet, and therefore must be explained in The Anniversary Special and/or Christmas Special. I suppose The Anniversary Special could show us The 12th Doctor going into his own past, and itneracting with 10 in a story we've never seen before, but, again, he didn't do those things in the name of The Doctor
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 06:37 PM   #63
Konata Izumi
Commander
 
Konata Izumi's Avatar
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Someone suggested Toby Jones.. FUCKING COOL

Plus it would be an awesome way to follow up the promise of doom & gloom from the last episode.
Konata Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 08:25 PM   #64
Green Lantern
Captain
 
Green Lantern's Avatar
 
Location: The bad of whoever pays for the night.
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

bryce wrote: View Post
sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
Kestrel wrote: View Post
Emma Watson! (of course not, but I'd love to see how people would react)
I already have one crush on the show. Don't make me have two!

EMMA WATSON!! YES!!! MAKE IT SO!!!
God no. Even compared to other female choices she's low down on my list. Actually lets make it official, Emma Watson is officially my last choice for the twelfth doctor. I'd rather have a whole series of Judi Dench wearing short shorts than two episodes with Emma Watson. No bloody teenage doctors please. Plus she has no interesting personality traits either. So dull and boring.

And why everyone seems to fancy her I really don't know. The really sad thing is that a lot of people in their thirties fancy her, but Emma Watson was about eleven when she started up on film, and is still about half a lot of peoples ages who desire her. Sick. I'm not even half her age, and I'm still at college.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 08:40 PM   #65
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral
 
JoeZhang's Avatar
 
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Sindatur wrote: View Post
PorthosShadow wrote: View Post
junxon wrote: View Post
i'm hoping somehow due to wacky timeyness, the next doctor ends up being john hurt. think how cool it'd be to have him for a whole series.

otherwise i reckon damien lewis would nail it, though he's probably too busy playing the worlds only ginger al-qaeda member

and for super unlikely longshot, i pick bradley walsh.
It's not entirely unlikely that Jon Hurt could be a future incarnation of The Doctor or the 12th. When The Doctor was explaining the light thingy he mentioned that it also included the days he hadn't lived yet. So it's possible that when he stepped into said light thingy to rescue Clara he saw the 12th Doctor and what he or rather would do. Also, if it were true then it would be the one possibility the fewest people are buying into.
Except that at the end of Name of the Doctor, 11 is well aware of the HurtDoctor, and what his "crimes against Humanity" are, so, he's either a past incarnation or a Future incarnation he's already interacted with that we haven't seen yet, and therefore must be explained in The Anniversary Special and/or Christmas Special. I suppose The Anniversary Special could show us The 12th Doctor going into his own past, and itneracting with 10 in a story we've never seen before, but, again, he didn't do those things in the name of The Doctor
The other problem with this (as has been discussed before) - it is his horrible secret *before* he steps in the light.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 09:05 PM   #66
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
bryce wrote: View Post
sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
I already have one crush on the show. Don't make me have two!

EMMA WATSON!! YES!!! MAKE IT SO!!!
God no. Even compared to other female choices she's low down on my list. Actually lets make it official, Emma Watson is officially my last choice for the twelfth doctor. I'd rather have a whole series of Judi Dench wearing short shorts than two episodes with Emma Watson. No bloody teenage doctors please. Plus she has no interesting personality traits either. So dull and boring.

And why everyone seems to fancy her I really don't know. The really sad thing is that a lot of people in their thirties fancy her, but Emma Watson was about eleven when she started up on film, and is still about half a lot of peoples ages who desire her. Sick. I'm not even half her age, and I'm still at college.
There's something really wrong with your Math.

First, Emma Watson is 23, that's plenty old enough for people to "fancy" her.

Second, you've said you just turned 15, if you weren't even half her age, she'd have to be over 30.

You speak of folks in their 30s Fancying her, and her being only half their age (They'd have to be 46 for her to be half their age)
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 10:06 PM   #67
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Yeah, serious math fail all over the place. Also, 15 and at college? (congrats if so)

Most importantly though, dull and boring? Pfft, please; her Hermione stole the Potter movies (to be fair, Ron fans can have a fair complaint about her getting most of his good stuff, but that's not the point).
__________________
"You mean life?"
"Yeah. Does it get easy?"
"What do you want me to say?"
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 10:20 PM   #68
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral
 
JoeZhang's Avatar
 
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Yeah, serious math fail all over the place. Also, 15 and at college? (congrats if so)

Most importantly though, dull and boring? Pfft, please; her Hermione stole the Potter movies (to be fair, Ron fans can have a fair complaint about her getting most of his good stuff, but that's not the point).
Remember that college doesn't mean University to us*


* sorta of - there are exceptions.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 10:31 PM   #69
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Oh good point, I didn't think about that.
__________________
"You mean life?"
"Yeah. Does it get easy?"
"What do you want me to say?"
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 12:35 AM   #70
PorthosShadow
Fleet Captain
 
PorthosShadow's Avatar
 
Location: Hermans Head
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
PorthosShadow wrote: View Post

It's not entirely unlikely that Jon Hurt could be a future incarnation of The Doctor or the 12th. When The Doctor was explaining the light thingy he mentioned that it also included the days he hadn't lived yet. So it's possible that when he stepped into said light thingy to rescue Clara he saw the 12th Doctor and what he or rather would do. Also, if it were true then it would be the one possibility the fewest people are buying into.
Except that at the end of Name of the Doctor, 11 is well aware of the HurtDoctor, and what his "crimes against Humanity" are, so, he's either a past incarnation or a Future incarnation he's already interacted with that we haven't seen yet, and therefore must be explained in The Anniversary Special and/or Christmas Special. I suppose The Anniversary Special could show us The 12th Doctor going into his own past, and itneracting with 10 in a story we've never seen before, but, again, he didn't do those things in the name of The Doctor
The other problem with this (as has been discussed before) - it is his horrible secret *before* he steps in the light.
Why couldn't this just be the one horrible secret that he found out ahead of time. We know The Doctor doesn't do "spoilers" but maybe this was the one time he looked ahead when he shouldn't have.
__________________
"India must be the future because we all know there are no neck ties in the future and everyone can do math"
PorthosShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 12:38 AM   #71
Davros
Fleet Admiral
 
Davros's Avatar
 
Location: Kaled bunker, Skaro
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Rowan Atkinson
__________________
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society," -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 12:39 AM   #72
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Rupert Grint! Come on!
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 01:06 AM   #73
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

PorthosShadow wrote: View Post
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Except that at the end of Name of the Doctor, 11 is well aware of the HurtDoctor, and what his "crimes against Humanity" are, so, he's either a past incarnation or a Future incarnation he's already interacted with that we haven't seen yet, and therefore must be explained in The Anniversary Special and/or Christmas Special. I suppose The Anniversary Special could show us The 12th Doctor going into his own past, and itneracting with 10 in a story we've never seen before, but, again, he didn't do those things in the name of The Doctor
The other problem with this (as has been discussed before) - it is his horrible secret *before* he steps in the light.
Why couldn't this just be the one horrible secret that he found out ahead of time. We know The Doctor doesn't do "spoilers" but maybe this was the one time he looked ahead when he shouldn't have.
If so, they have to show us in the Anniv and/or Christmas Episode how it's an episode we just weren't shown
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 02:11 AM   #74
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral
 
Allyn Gibson's Avatar
 
Location: South Pennsyltucky
View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Rupert Grint! Come on!
No! I want Grint to make his sitcom, Super Clyde, with Stephen Fry!
__________________
"When David Marcus cited the great thinkers of history -- "Newton, Einstein, Surak" -- Newt Gingrich did not make his list." -- 24 January 2012

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 03:02 AM   #75
ATimson
Rear Admiral
 
ATimson's Avatar
 
Location: Andrew Timson
Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Rupert Grint! Come on!
No! I want Grint to make his sitcom, Super Clyde, with Stephen Fry!
I thought CBS already passed on the pilot. Is it still in consideration somewhere else?
__________________
Andrew Timson
===============
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others." - Brendan Moody

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.