New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grading
Excellent 15 38.46%
Above average 21 53.85%
Average 3 7.69%
Below average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26 2013, 05:21 AM   #31
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: Game of Thrones 3.8 - "Second Sons" - Rate and discuss

UGH I planned my eating around GoT and it's not until next week now!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 07:43 AM   #32
Ain Jalut
Lieutenant

Matthias wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
That's what I'm talking about. But, then who takes care of Mr. Sadist when he's done? He's far worse than Joffrey.
Joffrey tortured and killed an 'innocent' woman with a crossbow just because he could.

I'd say they're on about equal footing.
If I remember correctly that innocent woman beat her colleague to death. Of course Joffrey told her to do so, but still...

Not so sure about that fallen maester. He's traveling to Kings Landing with Jamie, right? So Joffrey and fallen maester may eventually meet and exchange some tips Poor Sansa et al. when they decide to get some hands-on experience.
Jofrey would had killed her if she did not do it.
Ain Jalut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 02:56 PM   #33
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

teacake wrote: View Post

Joffrey is really bad, but he's not Ramsey. He doesn't drag out the pain/torture for long periods of time, at least not as long as Ramsey to my knowledge. Ramsey skins people alive, and bit by bit, then chops off pieces one at a time. He's doing that to Theon in addition to starving him, psychologically torturing/brainwashing him, and making him live in his own filth.

Joffrey's evil, but he gets it over with, not because he's a better person, just because he bores quickly and wants to move on to the next thing (like a 5yr. old with a box of toys). So even though he's just as evil as Ramsey, he's not as bad. Very bad, just not quite as bad.
Yet. He's a child, if he lives as long as Ramsay he will end up equally as bad.
Maybe so. He's not that much younger than Ramsey, and I still think his personality is different. I don't think he'll ever have the attention span to do what Ramsey does. He might allow other people like Ramsey to have their way, though.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 05:16 PM   #34
Lonemagpie
Writer

Just watched this last night, since I was away when it aired. Pretty good again - I notice the Hound has remembered he's not supposed to be Scottish...

Love Daario's line "my sword is yours, my life is yours, my heart is yours."

Joffrey's still really got it coming, but there was too little Tywin this week!

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 06:03 PM   #35
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Maybe so. He's not that much younger than Ramsey, and I still think his personality is different. I don't think he'll ever have the attention span to do what Ramsey does. He might allow other people like Ramsey to have their way, though.
He's been tormenting Sansa since he gained the throne.

The only reason he's so restrained is because he's still scared of the people at large finding out how sick he is. He is still a kid. Once he grows a pair, he'll be as bad, if not worse, than Samwise 2.0. (Sorry, he's stuck with that name in my head just due to the physical similarities.)
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 09:25 PM   #36
CaptainCanada
Admiral

I really don't care for the changes they made to the Tyrion/Sansa wedding in this episode (apart from obvious production realities ones), but I've gotten used to the writers being unwilling to have Tyrion do anything remotely unheroic.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 10:43 PM   #37
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
I really don't care for the changes they made to the Tyrion/Sansa wedding in this episode (apart from obvious production realities ones), but I've gotten used to the writers being unwilling to have Tyrion do anything remotely unheroic.
It's been a while since I read the book, but with the exception of Sansa kneeling I can't think of any significant changes from the book. How was Tyrion unheroic in the books during the wedding?

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 12:45 AM   #38
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

I'm very interested to see what they do with some of Tyrion's book choices in the future in regards to this.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 10:51 PM   #39
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
It's been a while since I read the book, but with the exception of Sansa kneeling I can't think of any significant changes from the book. How was Tyrion unheroic in the books during the wedding?
1. Tyrion did not really object to marrying Sansa in the book. He was eager to be Lord of Winterfell, and hoped that he could make Sansa love him. Tywin did not order him to do it. He made an offer, and said that if Tyrion didn't want to he'd get somebody else.
2. On the wedding night, he had her strip naked and groped her before deciding not to go through with it (that part, obviously, was obviously never going to be filmed because of the actress' age, if nothing else).
3. Tyrion did not tell Sansa in advance in the books about the wedding. He allowed her to find out ten minutes before. The show changed that, as with all the other changes, to make Tyrion look sensitive and caring, and to play down Sansa's horror.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote