Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old June 1 2013, 07:38 PM   #151
publiusr
Commodore

Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Well, if Vengence was automated, maybe that means M-5 is out there-- a menace.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 08:33 PM   #152
Kabraxal
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I honestly don't know... it seems weird that they'd grow into the original mission and not be a series really. But I'm thinking Klingons will probably play a big role. I wouldn't mind a try at some new discovery type of movie though.

As for Khan... I have a suspicion that they might be saving him for a later take on this alternate universe such as an alternate TNG/DS9 having to deal with him. It would be interesting at least. I'm just glad they didn't kill him off in one movie and left the possibility open for his return.
Kabraxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 06:04 AM   #153
Seska
Lieutenant

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
5. They team up with a very normal Captain Janice Lester

Lame?
Not at all. nuJanice as Madam Captain rather than murderess most foul seems to me a clever and fun notion.

Wouldn't nuTrek be so much the nicer if the ladies were considered to possess the temperament to take on the big chair? I don't remember seeing any lady captains in the last two films. Drag! A Capt. Lester could represent the ladies, and good mental health.

If the curse of the Furies is to be lifted in the next flick, I nominate Looney Tunes Lenore K. (Lester def. knows her way to Benecia) or Lethe (!!), the dangerously insane Dick Daystrom or Larry Marvick, or Garth of Izar, the wackiest of them all. So sublime it would be to see a new incarnation of Garth, free of accident, free of madness, and free of that Marta. Pike can't seem to catch a break in any _____verse, so why can't some other Kirk-era hero of the Starfleet?

Actually, Kirk + Capt. Lester + Fleet Capt. Garth = marvelous. WANT.

Whatever villainy (or better) awaits us, I hope the next adventure brings inspiration to the new generation of Trekkers with ladies in authority, with a Trek-ish optimism toward those afflicted with mental health issues, and catches up with the times by dosing us with a small smattering of gay. I am convinced that lesbian Klingon chicks with pain sticks is the something gay the fewest would object to. And I could live with that. It might also be cool if some of the Klingons could wear pink or lavender, like in TAS.

Please keep it all coming. This thread is a pure pleasure to read.

Peace,
Seska
Old June 2 2013, 07:38 AM   #154
Lt. Cheka Wey
Commander

Kabraxal wrote: View Post
I honestly don't know... it seems weird that they'd grow into the original mission and not be a series really. But I'm thinking Klingons will probably play a big role. I wouldn't mind a try at some new discovery type of movie though.

As for Khan... I have a suspicion that they might be saving him for a later take on this alternate universe such as an alternate TNG/DS9 having to deal with him. It would be interesting at least. I'm just glad they didn't kill him off in one movie and left the possibility open for his return.
It would be fun seeing him in a series but it would be a letdown not to see him die in a movie.
Lt. Cheka Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 02:21 PM   #155
Vezner
Lieutenant

My guess is that the Klingons will be the primary antagonist in the third film. I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought Kahn back into the mix. Perhaps with the Klingons stealing the cryotubes of Kahn and his people with the intent to exact revenge for the death of their squad of warriors or maybe to even take a second crack at creating Klingon augments (ala the augments from Enterprise or something). Either way, it will make for another big action-Trek film.

Personally, I'd like to see Kahn left out of it for a third film but I really doubt they'll do that considering how well received his character was in STID. My dream film would be to have a war with the Klingons and to throw the Romulans into the mix somehow. Maybe with them kidnapping Spock Prime with the intent on learning more about the future for their own benefit.

EDIT: BTW, not that I'm hoping for it, but I wonder if VGER will play any sort of a role in another film. It's assumable that VGER is on it's way to Earth despite the alternate timeline. I wonder how the crew would react to VGER in the NuTrek. If you want a little Borg action, and if you like what Shatner did with VGER in his books, you could have VGER try and assimilate Earth or something.

Last edited by Vezner; June 2 2013 at 02:32 PM.
Vezner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 03:06 PM   #156
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

I'd put money on Carol Marcus being pregnant at the end.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 09:38 PM   #157
Gonzo
Lieutenant

Vezner wrote: View Post
My guess is that the Klingons will be the primary antagonist in the third film. I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought Kahn back into the mix. Perhaps with the Klingons stealing the cryotubes of Kahn and his people with the intent to exact revenge for the death of their squad of warriors or maybe to even take a second crack at creating Klingon augments (ala the augments from Enterprise or something). Either way, it will make for another big action-Trek film.

Personally, I'd like to see Kahn left out of it for a third film but I really doubt they'll do that considering how well received his character was in STID. My dream film would be to have a war with the Klingons and to throw the Romulans into the mix somehow. Maybe with them kidnapping Spock Prime with the intent on learning more about the future for their own benefit.

EDIT: BTW, not that I'm hoping for it, but I wonder if VGER will play any sort of a role in another film. It's assumable that VGER is on it's way to Earth despite the alternate timeline. I wonder how the crew would react to VGER in the NuTrek. If you want a little Borg action, and if you like what Shatner did with VGER in his books, you could have VGER try and assimilate Earth or something.
Vger has been dealt with in the comics and is not an issue moving forwards.

There is a lot of things that could be included in the next film, they could visit the Romulan/Klingon world from Ashes of Eden for instance.

I think the next film will be something relatively straight forward such as a Klingon war or perhaps an early Borg meeting. What will really decide the story for the next film is whether it is set during the 5 year mission they have just begun or afterwards when they have returned to the Federation.

It is possible that we could have the meeting between the Enterprise and the Totality which happened in the first five year mission (offscreen) of the TOS timeline but was heavily revisited in the Shatner books.

We shall have to wait and see.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 09:53 PM   #158
Gsam
Lieutenant

Carol Marcus being pregnant at the end is even more of a cliché than Khan. I pray to the Trek/JJ gods that this is not even hinted at in the next movie.
Gsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 10:16 PM   #159
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Gsam wrote: View Post
Carol Marcus being pregnant at the end is even more of a cliché than Khan. I pray to the Trek/JJ gods that this is not even hinted at in the next movie.
It was foreshadowed in this movie (if one chose to interpret it that way)...

Carol to Kirk "It's nice to have a family..."
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 11:28 PM   #160
Kabraxal
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lt. Cheka Wey wrote: View Post
Kabraxal wrote: View Post

It would be fun seeing him in a series but it would be a letdown not to see him die in a movie.
I don't see why they can't do a trimmed 13 episode season with the blow off of that arc coming in a movie. Though a traditional 24 eppie Star Trek with a long arc with Khan and a huge blow off episode would make for great television.
Kabraxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 02:27 AM   #161
Vezner
Lieutenant

Gonzo wrote:
Vger has been dealt with in the comics and is not an issue moving forwards.
I hadn't realized it was addressed in comics. I'm not sure how canon that is but if it is, that's certainly an interesting take on the whole Vger plot.

In any case, I strongly feel that the Klingon War will be a huge part of the next film. They will probably play off of that whole "Klingons have it out for Kirk" plot line that we saw so heavily in ST3 - ST6. Only this time they will probably just blame him for the squad of dead warriors that Kahn killed. Or, as I mentioned earlier, the Klingons will try and take Kahn and his people to create their own augments.

Or...they could do the brave thing and go in a completely unexpected and original direction.

Nah. :P
Vezner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 06:54 AM   #162
GMDreia
Commander

A few of you mentioned Janice Lester. Frankly, I'd be just as happy if they just retconned it so that women could always be captain - and Janice couldnt be captain because she was NUTS, not because she was a woman.

after all, we saw women captains in the movies.
Old June 3 2013, 07:09 AM   #163
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile

GMDreia wrote: View Post
A few of you mentioned Janice Lester. Frankly, I'd be just as happy if they just retconned it so that women could always be captain - and Janice couldnt be captain because she was NUTS, not because she was a woman.

I just don't think we've seen enough (if any) women Captains in this universe to prove JL wrong.
In TOS including the movies I remember just one woman captain and that was well after the time of JL.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 01:40 PM   #164
Brainsucker
Lieutenant Commander

The next Star Trek Movie : Enterprise VS Alien (you know, the Riple's Alien, or in Alien vs Predator or like in The Alien 2)

In their 5 years Exploration Mission, the Enterprise get a distress signal from the far most colony of humanity. but when they arrived, there is no one there. It is revealed that the cause of the destruction is / are a parasite / carnivorous creatures that attack in a pack (well, imagine Zerg from starcraft). Now, it is not only the away team life is in danger, but the ship also.

well, I still remember the motion sensor of Terran Marine in the movie of Alien 2. Just imagine if the Enterprise Crew face these dangerous creature, and how they are surrounded and must survive against this menace.
Brainsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 01:47 PM   #165
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
GMDreia wrote: View Post

I just don't think we've seen enough (if any) women Captains in this universe to prove JL wrong.
In TOS including the movies I remember just one woman captain and that was well after the time of JL.
There's at least one wearing captains stripes in the briefing after the Harrison attack.