RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,410
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 508
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old June 3 2013, 04:16 AM   #1
Candlelight
Admiral

Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

You'll win a chocolate fish if you get it right. Somehow.

I'm gonna go research and come back with a few names.

I don't think Benedict should/will get it. Already too big in demand for movies.
Old June 3 2013, 04:55 AM   #2
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Re: Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

I've seen Benedict too much now and I'm sick of him. It will probably be Daniels or Mangan. Moffat probably doesn't know who Alexander Siddig is, so even though he's my favorite it won't happen).
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 05:05 AM   #3
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Emma Watson! (of course not, but I'd love to see how people would react)
Old June 3 2013, 05:10 AM   #4
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Emma Watson! (of course not, but I'd love to see how people would react)
I already have one crush on the show. Don't make me have two!
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

I think a Parker Posey or Elisa Donovan type would be cool for a Female Doctor.

If a male, I'd like to see a McCoy sort of manipulative and on a quest to resolve some old thing type Doctor (Not going to make real predictions, as I don't know small British Actors well)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 05:40 AM   #6
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I highly doubt that anyone in this thread will correctly guess who will be The Twelfth Doctor. More than likely it'll be someone most of us haven't heard of.

That being said, my wish list is Idris Elba, Ben Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alexander Siddig, or, for old time's sake, Eddie Izzard.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Newspaper Taxi
Captain

Can it be me? I've always wanted to play the Doctor. But they keep picking all of these professional actors over me.
Old June 3 2013, 07:47 AM   #8
Flibble
Fleet Captain

I'm going to go with Damian Molony (Hal from Being Human).

Last edited by Flibble; June 3 2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 08:35 AM   #9
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Sacha Baron Cohen
Old June 3 2013, 08:47 AM   #10
ITL
Vice Admiral

Flibble wrote: View Post
I'm going to go with Damian Molony (Hal from Being Human).
I think he'd make a great Doctor. He nailed the "old soul in a young body" thing in Being Human.
Old June 3 2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

We could really be doing with an Irish Doctor this time round. I don't think a woman will be cast simply because the interaction with the Doctor's wife would be too male fantasy orientated. Having the Victorian lesbian couple as occasional guests is about the best a mainstream BBC family show will go for.
Old June 3 2013, 09:02 AM   #12
BoxWhatBox
Commander

I would love to see any of the following: Paul Bettany, Tom Wilkinson, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, or Julie Andrews. I really don't want to see another 20 something in the role.
Old June 3 2013, 09:42 AM   #13
Starkers
Admiral

Not Cumberbatch (though I actually think he could play it very differently to how he plays Sherlock, but he’s too well known now) and not Elba (love him to bits but don’t think he’s Doctor material). I haven’t seen enough of Ben Daniels to make a judgement, though I do at least know who he is now!

Alexander Siddig. I think he’d be fantastic, he manages to be quintessentially English whilst also embracing his heritage. At 47 he might be a shade too old, but (despite what Garak said) he still retains his boyish charm, and it would be nice to see a suave Doctor again, certainly he’d be very different from 9, 10 and 11, which is ideally what we need. He’s a good enough actor to play the light and dark of the character, and I could see him being both playful and manipulative, plus I think it’d be funny if the Doctor had a beard rather than the Master this time

Paterson Joseph. For the same reason EMH picked Eddie Izzard, nostalgia for a man who could have made a great Doctor in the mid-nineties…if the show had still been running.

Bradley James. Yup not Merlin, Arthur! Actually he’d be more my pick for the 13th Doctor rather than the 12th because I think he needs to be older, but I think he could be a very good, Davison style Doctor.

Ian Glenn. Would be amazing, but sadly he’s probably too old (though saying that he isn’t that much older than Siddig or Ben Daniels.

Robert Glenister. That’s right, not Gene Hunt, Gene Hunt’s brother, because frankly he’s a far better actor than his brother. Again probably too old now, but it would be funny if Salateen from Androzani turned up decades later as the Doctor…

I like Adrian Lester, but actually I think he’d make a better Master, and the other name that always crops up is Chiwetel Ejiofor, who I’m kinda conflicted over. I’ve seen him in some very good roles, but I’ve also seen him in some bland roles. He is a good actor, and well known, without being so well known/so good that he’s going to fly off to Hollywood after a few years.

If they go with a woman

Nicola Walker has always been my preferred choice, plays the part of a scatty old lady in a young body to a tee in Spooks (especially her early seasons.) but I’d now lean towards Olivia Colman. Feted by BAFTA just a few weeks ago with awards for both her comedy and drama roles she’s a fine, multi-talented actress who could be scatty and wacky one minute, but have you firmly believing she’s going to throw you out of an airlock (without a suit) the next

Of course in all likelihood the next Doctor will be someone I’ve never heard of

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 10:18 AM   #14
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

I can predict with some confidence that the next Doctor will be someone not named in this thread.
Old June 3 2013, 11:18 AM   #15
Pingfah
Admiral

Daniel Craig.