RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,377
Posts: 5,504,625
Members: 25,125
Currently online: 572
Newest member: Ted Dave

TrekToday headlines

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 26 2013, 08:12 PM   #31
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

Now what I would do would be to have antenna farms all over it, to break up the outline--a Borg listening post. We saw Lore and the asymmetrical Borg renegade ship, and the modified Earth ship from ENTERPRISE that had the antennas on it, for that high tech look.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 09:20 PM   #32
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

BillJ wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
I don't think that guy even tried to come up with something.
What exactly can you come up with when your instructed by your boss to put three towers together?
Something like this alliance ship from Firefly: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...epbYpLwgY4yx8Q
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 10:28 PM   #33
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: concept art and set photos!

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
I don't think that guy even tried to come up with something.
What exactly can you come up with when your instructed by your boss to put three towers together?
Something like this alliance ship from Firefly: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...epbYpLwgY4yx8Q
Which is ugly as sin and doesn't resemble anything Klingon.
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 01:57 AM   #34
trevanian
Rear Admiral
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
I don't think that guy even tried to come up with something.
What exactly can you come up with when your instructed by your boss to put three towers together?
Something like this alliance ship from Firefly: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...epbYpLwgY4yx8Q
As much as I love FIREFLY, this 'train spikes in space' thing was seriously lame-ass.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 02:39 AM   #35
DEWLine
Commodore
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine
Re: concept art and set photos!

There's the trefoil and Geoffrey Mandel's "Klinzhai" alphabet...
__________________
Yours,

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 05:56 AM   #36
TheCutestofBorg
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

Are there any concept art or screengrabs of the Vengence hanger? Or will I have to wait for the BluRay to get a good detailed look?
TheCutestofBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 07:27 PM   #37
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

For such a big ship you don't see much of a shuttlebay.

I would actually have made Vengence larger. With layers of different apature shuttlebays stacked on atop the other..
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 09:23 PM   #38
Silanda
Lieutenant
 
Location: Birmingham, UK
Re: concept art and set photos!

publiusr wrote: View Post
For such a big ship you don't see much of a shuttlebay.
The ship's purely designed for blowing things up. Less shuttles = more space for torpedoes, IMHO anyway.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been an art book for the new film. Did the last one not sell well?
Silanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 11:30 AM   #39
Kpnuts
Commodore
 
Kpnuts's Avatar
 
Location: London
Re: concept art and set photos!

Silanda wrote: View Post
publiusr wrote: View Post
For such a big ship you don't see much of a shuttlebay.
The ship's purely designed for blowing things up. Less shuttles = more space for torpedoes, IMHO anyway.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been an art book for the new film. Did the last one not sell well?
The first one was released a fair few months after ST09 was in cinemas, hopefully a STID one will be coming soon
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 06:13 PM   #40
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: concept art and set photos!

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
Silanda wrote: View Post
publiusr wrote: View Post
For such a big ship you don't see much of a shuttlebay.
The ship's purely designed for blowing things up. Less shuttles = more space for torpedoes, IMHO anyway.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been an art book for the new film. Did the last one not sell well?
The first one was released a fair few months after ST09 was in cinemas, hopefully a STID one will be coming soon
I think it came out on the same day that the DVD was released, last time around, so mid-November might be a likely time to look for a new book.
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:14 PM   #41
Lt. Cheka Wey
Commander
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

Maurice wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
Unused Klingon ship concept art by Harald Belker, who worked for a time on STID







Well, those are just terrible.
Call me crazy but i like the last one. It should not be the biggest Klingon class, but as mid-size klingon waship or scoutship it would be fine.
Lt. Cheka Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:45 PM   #42
Jack Frost
Commodore
 
Jack Frost's Avatar
 
Re: concept art and set photos!

The second and last one has a 'Klingon Disruptor' vibe to them I kinda like. Strip off all the ridiculous panels and they may have something there but yeah, happy they passed on these.
__________________
The Keeper
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:49 PM   #43
DEWLine
Commodore
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine
Re: concept art and set photos!

Some of you might want a look at the user interface design stuff for the ship consoles...

http://www.inventinginteractive.com/...into-darkness/
__________________
Yours,

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 08:35 PM   #44
F. King Daniel
Admiral
 
F. King Daniel's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: concept art and set photos!

^Thank you!!! I've wanted to see stuff like that since 2009!
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
F. King Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 08:38 PM   #45
Belz...
Fleet Captain
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Location: In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
Re: concept art and set photos!

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
I think it came out on the same day that the DVD was released, last time around, so mid-November might be a likely time to look for a new book.
According to Amazon, November 17th, although I could swear I purchased it in May. Well, reality trumps memory !
__________________
And that's my opinion.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.