RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,172
Posts: 5,344,924
Members: 24,601
Currently online: 614
Newest member: Capt_n_Admiral

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 31 2013, 08:31 PM   #2341
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Finished AC Brotherhood and went straight on to Revelations...
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: Mr Mercedes (Stephen King)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 08:44 PM   #2342
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I just played the demo for The Last Of Us. Not bad.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 08:46 PM   #2343
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral
 
6079SmithW's Avatar
 
Re: What games are you playing currently?

007 Legends. Its a pretty decent FPS and a lot of fun although the hand-to-hand fights are kind of repetitive.
__________________
Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space.
6079SmithW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 03:02 AM   #2344
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain
 
Location: Adelaide,australia
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Call of duty:black ops 2.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 05:39 AM   #2345
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral
 
Location: West Haven, UT, USA
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Just started to replay one of my all-time favorite video games EVER, ICO, after having bought its HD re-release (packaged on a single disc with the HD 're-release of its successor game Shadow of the Collossus).
__________________
Starbuck: We're all friendlies. So, let's just... be friendly.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 06:06 AM   #2346
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral
 
Kelthaz's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I spent the evening scrolling through the list of NES roms on my Wii and playing around with any title that caught me eye. You know how 90% of everything sucks? Well, it's way worse than that on the NES.

Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six is probably the worst game I played out of the bunch. You jump by pressing B (!?), punch by pressing A, kick by double tapping A, and shoot a web by pressing B + A together. I just don't understand how you can fuck up the controls for a platformer so badly. And the game came out in 1992, so there's no excuse.
__________________
"Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!"

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 06:25 AM   #2347
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Puzzle and Dragons!

Pokemon meets Bejeweled. There is some dangerous potential addiction brewing there.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 12:05 AM   #2348
throwback
Captain
 
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I am playing Perfect Dark Zero. I plan to play Far Cry Instincts.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 08:25 AM   #2349
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I started playing Far Cry 3 on my PS3 yesterday. Not bad so far.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 10:33 AM   #2350
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I am playing Zombie U, what a intense game to say the least, just amazing.
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 05:18 PM   #2351
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid
 
Bob The Skutter's Avatar
 
Location: Bob The Skutter
View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

I started out liking it but got bored of not being able to save properly and every time I died having to start fresh with limited stuff.
__________________
And their call for war on poverty is a smokescreen we don't need, cos the only war worth fighting for is a war on their pure greed. : Acid Country - Paul Heaton
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:01 PM   #2352
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
I started out liking it but got bored of not being able to save properly and every time I died having to start fresh with limited stuff.


Yes the save thing was a bit complex but once i figured out its not a fps and totally a survival horror game which you play to see how long you can go without lossing the charactor i begain to enjoy and understand it more.

It's not perfect by any means but i am enjoying it, and the game would be awesome with some coop, local or online, plus i love how they incorporate actual players dead charactors from around the world who can appear randomly in your game from where they died in their game with a nice back pack of goodies to pilfer.

Plus just waiting for need for speed to drop though the door.

And i typed this via the gamepad thing which is really quit good compared to the browsers on the ps3,Xbox,psvita.
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:29 PM   #2353
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid
 
Bob The Skutter's Avatar
 
Location: Bob The Skutter
View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
I started out liking it but got bored of not being able to save properly and every time I died having to start fresh with limited stuff.


Yes the save thing was a bit complex but once i figured out its not a fps and totally a survival horror game which you play to see how long you can go without lossing the charactor i begain to enjoy and understand it more.

It's not perfect by any means but i am enjoying it, and the game would be awesome with some coop, local or online, plus i love how they incorporate actual players dead charactors from around the world who can appear randomly in your game from where they died in their game with a nice back pack of goodies to pilfer.

Plus just waiting for need for speed to drop though the door.

And i typed this via the gamepad thing which is really quit good compared to the browsers on the ps3,Xbox,psvita.
Yeah, that is a nice feature of the game. I also liked how the focus was on survival, but it just got to me how much time was spent backtracking because I couldn't just undo a mistake.
__________________
And their call for war on poverty is a smokescreen we don't need, cos the only war worth fighting for is a war on their pure greed. : Acid Country - Paul Heaton
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 07:22 AM   #2354
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral
 
Location: West Haven, UT, USA
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Just beat Ico, and plan on starting a second play through of Shadow of the Colossus either tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on when I have some more free time.
__________________
Starbuck: We're all friendlies. So, let's just... be friendly.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2013, 10:36 AM   #2355
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
I started out liking it but got bored of not being able to save properly and every time I died having to start fresh with limited stuff.


Yes the save thing was a bit complex but once i figured out its not a fps and totally a survival horror game which you play to see how long you can go without lossing the charactor i begain to enjoy and understand it more.

It's not perfect by any means but i am enjoying it, and the game would be awesome with some coop, local or online, plus i love how they incorporate actual players dead charactors from around the world who can appear randomly in your game from where they died in their game with a nice back pack of goodies to pilfer.

Plus just waiting for need for speed to drop though the door.

And i typed this via the gamepad thing which is really quit good compared to the browsers on the ps3,Xbox,psvita.
Yeah, that is a nice feature of the game. I also liked how the focus was on survival, but it just got to me how much time was spent backtracking because I couldn't just undo a mistake.
Yeah, thank god for the manhole covers, a least it saves some time. lol

Also did you know you could get all your stuff back by killing your last charactor where they dies and turned into a zombie, its also a nice way to say goodbye to your lost charactor, with a bat to the head. lol

Plus how are you enjoying the system, i have been quite impressed, i also found that some of the wii game i still have, like Mario bros, wii resort and the likes look a lot better when played via the wii u, of course anything would look better when its not played over that old composite cable, and i had not realised how much acheveiments and Trophys had you playing games for THEM instead of just enjoying the game themselves.

If they drop some more first party titles out this year i think we will be quids in, if they drop a Wii-u pilot wings and a Wii-u blastdozer i will sell Nintendo my soul.
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.