Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old June 2 2013, 04:26 AM   #16
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Re: Kor vs. Kang

Metryq wrote: View Post
Both characters were well written and well played. I see from the IMDb that Colicos played Kor in spin-offs, but I have not seen those episodes. (Nor Kang's later appearances.) He played the first of perennial "bad guys" in TOS. The scene where Kirk tells Kor to "go climb a tree" is a favorite.

While I would have loved to see Kor and Kirk knocking heads again, Campbell (as Koloth) and Ansara (as Kang) kept TOS from feeling too "small." All are fine actors, but I must remark on Ansara's "exotic" features. Acting aside, Ansara's face gives him presence in any role.

Kor seemed less overtly threatening (he'd smile while threatening to suck your brain dry), yet dangerously clever, too, and not to be underestimated. Kang looked dangerous. Since Kirk can grip a blade by the sharp edges and not get cut, I will let him shoulder roll with these two. I'm happy to sit back with some popcorn and enjoy the show.
OMO - Kang.

Why? His introduction is beaming down, walking up, and bitch-slapping Kirk to the ground in one smooth move.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 05:43 AM   #17
JRoss
Captain

Re: Kor vs. Kang

I agree with the above. If it had not been for that thing that made you angry and rapey interfering Kang would have won in the first five minutes. People talk about Kang being all bluster but remember that the angry, rapey alien was mesing with them all. Kang was acutally a pretty reasonable guy. I think Ansara's performance in Blood Oath showed his truenagure well.