Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old May 30 2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: Roger Moore wants to do Who!!

Moore could always play davros - wouldn't even need the mask.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 12:08 AM   #17
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Emh wrote: View Post
I saw this on my Facebook news feed the other day. Honestly, I really don't care one way or the other. *shrug*

However, if Sean Connery, Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan want to appear, them I'm all for it.
Daniel Craig in a one-off appearance as The Master. That would be scary good.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 12:45 AM   #18
MacLeod
Admiral

Well if the Beeb were able to get Moore for DW, it would no doubt be for something like a Christmas special, or perhaps use him as the villian who causes a regeneration.

But as he sad he's interested in being in either DW or Sherlock, the BBC might be able to get him at a resonable price. For some big name actors producers might think they are out of theri price range when considering actors for parts and don't even consider them. Sometimes the actor has to make the first move and express an interest.

I think that might have been the case with Whoopi Goldberg on TNG, she apprached the producers about appearing on the show, and she was willing to appear at more or less the going rate for a guest star on the show. Rather than an apperance fee her star power (at that time) would demand.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 04:55 AM   #19
Mitty
Vice Admiral

I reckon Roger Moore and Adam West are interchangeable. Not sure how thats relevant here, but I felt it needed to be said.
Old May 31 2013, 09:36 AM   #20
VDCNI
Captain

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Well if the Beeb were able to get Moore for DW, it would no doubt be for something like a Christmas special, or perhaps use him as the villian who causes a regeneration.

But as he sad he's interested in being in either DW or Sherlock, the BBC might be able to get him at a resonable price. For some big name actors producers might think they are out of theri price range when considering actors for parts and don't even consider them. Sometimes the actor has to make the first move and express an interest.

I think that might have been the case with Whoopi Goldberg on TNG, she apprached the producers about appearing on the show, and she was willing to appear at more or less the going rate for a guest star on the show. Rather than an apperance fee her star power (at that time) would demand.
He's only worth a reasonable price at most - he's been trading on Bond for a long time now and most of his recent stuff has been voice work and cameos. He's more of a personality than an actor these days.

I don't watch Sherlock but I have no interest in seeing him in Who.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 10:03 AM   #21
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Kill off John fucking Simm and have The Master regenerate in to Roger Moore.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 10:18 AM   #22
Starkers
Admiral

Much anger in you there is

I'm hoping you mean get the Master to regenerate rather than actually killing an actor off!

Yeah I think Moore would be great in a Christmas special.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 11:10 AM   #23
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
...or sherlock...maybe

This week Mark Gatiss tweeted about Roger's performance in "The Man Who Haunted Himself", the 1970 fantasy drama directed by Basil Dearden. "I have such a soft spot for the film," said Gatiss.
Roger's twitter account cheekily responded: "thank you. I might be equally wonderful in Dr Who or Sherlock if asked!"
Gatiss responded simply: "My life is complete! Will be [in] touch."
Link

Maybe it's time for Rassilon to regenerate?:
Shouldn't he actually be the incarnation before the last one we saw onscreen?

In coincidence corner, Rog has already played Sherlock Holmes in a tv movie, Sherlock Holmes in New York in 1976.

I'm afraid I agree with those who say he's now a parody of himself. His HIGNFY appearance was embarrassing and he lacks the panache that Shatner brings to self-parody. Whether he was playing himself or a fictional character, I think he would totally take me out of either Who or Sherlock.
Old May 31 2013, 11:14 AM   #24
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Then people would really have something for the "bond is a time lord" theory

And going in order it should be brosnan who's next
Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey?
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 01:55 PM   #25
The Wormhole
Admiral

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Kill off John fucking Simm and have The Master regenerate in to Roger Moore.
But Benedict Cumberbatch is supposed to be John Simm's successor as the Master.
Old May 31 2013, 06:13 PM   #26
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Much anger in you there is

I'm hoping you mean get the Master to regenerate rather than actually killing an actor off!
Well, I assume he also didn't mean the Master would literally regenerate into Roger Moore but would rather be played by him.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 06:37 PM   #27
Starkers
Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
...or sherlock...maybe

This week Mark Gatiss tweeted about Roger's performance in "The Man Who Haunted Himself", the 1970 fantasy drama directed by Basil Dearden. "I have such a soft spot for the film," said Gatiss.
Roger's twitter account cheekily responded: "thank you. I might be equally wonderful in Dr Who or Sherlock if asked!"
Gatiss responded simply: "My life is complete! Will be [in] touch."
Link

Shouldn't he actually be the incarnation before the last one we saw onscreen?

In coincidence corner, Rog has already played Sherlock Holmes in a tv movie, Sherlock Holmes in New York in 1976.

I'm afraid I agree with those who say he's now a parody of himself. His HIGNFY appearance was embarrassing and he lacks the panache that Shatner brings to self-parody. Whether he was playing himself or a fictional character, I think he would totally take me out of either Who or Sherlock.
Yes but HIGNFY is v different to an actual acting role. He seemed pretty good from what little I saw of him in that Saint trailer?

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 08:32 AM   #28
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Seeing Roger Moore nowadays reminds me that I have a wooden fence that needs creosoting. I think my fence would be cheaper and perhaps a more expressive actor.
Old June 1 2013, 04:17 PM   #29
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Not the best actor but one of the most thoroughly charming charismatic and downrlight likeable action stars in movie history. Love him as Bond. Even when the films are shit, I enjoy watching him.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 05:09 PM   #30
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I didn't realize people hated him so much, maybe they could tie him in with Rose somehow and seal the deal.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote