Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 29 2013, 03:01 PM   #31
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Frontier wrote: View Post
Any of you pre-order? Did you get a confirmation e-mail? Any of you use PayPal? I've got no confirmation e-mail which always worries me... :S
Yep, I pre-ordered as well. Not with PayPal, but with a regular credit card. I did not get a confirmation email either, which I do find odd and a slight breach of internet business etiquette. However, IIRC, these are the same folks that did the original Star Trek Fact Files many years ago, and I found them to be straight shooters and reliable to deal with, particularly when I had a few skipped issues on occasion. They always sent me extras at their expense. If they are the same folks (and I do believe they are), then I am confident it will work out as we are hoping.
Old May 30 2013, 12:13 AM   #32
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

I just get nervous when I don't get a confirmation e-mail. I like to have it to point to and say "SEE!" when things go wrong. :P

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 12:14 AM   #33
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

t_smitts wrote: View Post
We should have a thread somewhere where people can post pics showing off their ship collection.

The fact that they're releasing it the year of a movie (which is likely not a coincidence) can't hurt. I think the fact that they couldn't keep up with the demand initially is encouraging. Perhaps they'll even add some ships to the list.

Unfortunately, as is the case with a decent Netflix selection, Canadians like myself are left out.
Price you pay for living in a country with health care. Good trade if you ask me.

As for showing off ships... that would take too much time. lol. And too many photos!

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 01:46 AM   #34
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Unfortunately, as is the case with a decent Netflix selection, Canadians like myself are left out.
Price you pay for living in a country with health care. Good trade if you ask me.
Hey! Every country has Health Care. It's just that in some countries you get what you pay for more than others.

Just wait till the Government is your ONLY source for Health Care and then they deny you for some unknown regulation on Page 17,658 of the Law, and then where will you go for treatment? No sir, not me. I like having choice in health care.

As for showing off ships... that would take too much time. lol. And too many photos!
I thought about making short little videos of them and posting them on YouTube. You know...just kinda sit them there on my table, rotate them around and shoot them with my 1080p phone camera.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 04:15 AM   #35
t_smitts
Commander

We should have a thread somewhere where people can post pics showing off their ship collection.

The fact that they're releasing it the year of a movie (which is likely not a coincidence) can't hurt. I think the fact that they couldn't keep up with the demand initially is encouraging. Perhaps they'll even add some ships to the list.

Well, I prefer your country's leader to mine (even though I voted for him the first time).

Point taken on the health care, but I do wish those ships could may their way just a bit further north. (It can't be any harder than shipping 'em to Alaska or Hawaii).
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 02:58 PM   #36
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Eaglemoss has released a photo of the Borg Sphere (Issue #10) on their FB Page.

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekStarships
Old May 30 2013, 05:51 PM   #37
Richard Baker
Commander

I hope this goes well, there are some ships listed I would like to have in my collection. Compared to resin kits the prices are good, but hesitate to commit to a subscription.
Richard Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 08:47 PM   #38
t_smitts
Commander

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post

Maybe it's the fact that sci-fi already has an iconic spacecraft shaped like a sphere, but I'll need a bit more than that to excite me. (Call me when you're ready to show off an Akira).
Old May 31 2013, 03:58 PM   #39
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Maybe it's the fact that sci-fi already has an iconic spacecraft shaped like a sphere, but I'll need a bit more than that to excite me. (Call me when you're ready to show off an Akira).
I see your disappointment and I raise you an Excelsior model shot.

Use above link....it's the same.
Old May 31 2013, 04:51 PM   #40
t_smitts
Commander

I see your disappointment and I raise you an Excelsior model shot.

Use above link....it's the same.
Well, that's a little better, even though the Exie's been done a million times as well. Looks pretty nice, even though I have to admit I find the white color a bit disorienting. Years of looking at Micro Machines has apparently conditioned me to think that the "B" is white while the Excelsior is BLUE.
Old May 31 2013, 04:55 PM   #41
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

They'll most certainly do the most famous and "common" ships in the early run of the subscription. We'll likely get into the less-explored ships in the later issues. I, too, am looking forward to an Akira. And a Centaur for that matter...
Old May 31 2013, 08:35 PM   #42
MacLeod
Admiral

^That's not great business sense, you sprinkle the main ones through the run. Forcing people to get them all.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 08:04 PM   #43
publiusr
Commodore

I hope stores carry them
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 10:26 PM   #44
MacLeod
Admiral

As I said earlier, becareful with buying from stores. I work in retail and after Issue 6 or so we stop getting in partworks, as they go from sale or return to firm sale only. Now different retailers might operate a different policy, and the US retailers might be different from UK retailers. But I would recommend you either subscribe or speak to your local retailer when the first issue comes out and ask them if they will continue to get it in.

Bear in mind retailers only have limited space and plenty of partworks come out, they can't possible keep getting in copies of them all in.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 03:52 AM   #45
t_smitts
Commander

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
They'll most certainly do the most famous and "common" ships in the early run of the subscription. We'll likely get into the less-explored ships in the later issues. I, too, am looking forward to an Akira. And a Centaur for that matter...
Unfortunately, I didn't see the Centaur on the list at Memory Alpha. I suppose it's possible that more might be released, if demand is great, but considering there's already seventy listed ships, plus a handful of bonus ones, that'd have to be some pretty big demand.

MacLeod wrote: View Post
^That's not great business sense, you sprinkle the main ones through the run. Forcing people to get them all.
Agreed. I assume the list at MA was the tentative release order.