Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 30 2013, 04:45 PM   #31
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: Dominion Verse Borg?

Well their world was always hidden. Aside from the Jem'Hadar and Vorta, no one knew where it was really. Anyway, from what I remember.
Old May 30 2013, 04:47 PM   #32
Crazyewok
Commander

Portal wrote: View Post
The galaxy is so vast, never the twain shall meet.
They found the federation didnt they?

And all those saying they would just assimilate the Vorta and Jemhadar. Do you really thing they would let them?

Both would kill themselfs or each other without hesitation.

They would destroy a whole world just to prevent falling into borg hands.

In a Borg Dominion war I could see whole species caught in between wipped out.
Crazyewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 05:32 PM   #33
Richard Baker
Commander

I think the Borg could defeat the Dominion fleets but the Founders could infiltrate and eventually control the Borg.
Richard Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2013, 05:45 PM   #34
Crazyewok
Commander

I am thinking it would be a very very loooong war.
Old May 30 2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Edit_XYZ
Fleet Captain

Crazyewok wrote: View Post
I am thinking it would be a very very loooong war.
Hardly. You see, curb-stomp battles don't last long.
The borg are, BY FAR, technologically and numerically superior.

As for the dominion - they put to good use their ship building and jem'hadar growing tech in the alpha quadrant, by using the abundant natural resources on the worlds the cardassians conquered.
And yet, the federation & co managed to keep up with it, if only barely (as per Worf).

Yes, the dominion in the gamma quadrant is much larger, but still tiny by comparison to the borg.
One could say that as the gamma quadrant dominion is above the federation, so the borg is FAR above the gamma quadrant dominion.

PS - Blowing up your planets and committing suicide en masse are not conductive to maintaining an empire.
Old May 30 2013, 09:44 PM   #36
Crazyewok
Commander

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
PS - Blowing up your planets and committing suicide en masse are not conductive to maintaining an empire.

But the dominion does not really care about maintaining a empire.....

Its about protecting the founders. Now keeping a empire was the best way but if the borg turned up Im sure the founders would set the whole Gamma quadrent ablaze if needed to protect them.
Old May 30 2013, 09:53 PM   #37
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Why is there this assumption that the Borg would all out attack with everything they have? They never did with the Federation. All they need to do is assimilate a few ships to grab anything technologically worth having along with the lifeforms. The Borg maturation chambers already suggest they can clone new drones as needed.
Old May 30 2013, 09:56 PM   #38
Crazyewok
Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post
Why is there this assumption that the Borg would all out attack with everything they have? They never did with the Federation. All they need to do is assimilate a few ships to grab anything technologically worth having along with the lifeforms. The Borg maturation chambers already suggest they can clone new drones as needed.
Borg seem to attack if they sense a future threat.

Hence why they went out there way to attack the federation even though it was half a galaxy away from its space as it could see them as a future threat.

The Dominion is far more powerfull than the Federation so would elisit a stronger response.
Old May 30 2013, 09:58 PM   #39
Edit_XYZ
Fleet Captain

In the delta quadrant, we saw the borg assimilating species down to the last member - despite getting, in theory, their 'distinctiveness' with the first ships assimilated.
Apparently, the borg are less interested in more distant polities - such as the federation.

I started from the assumption that the borg will attack in force due to the name of this thread.
Old May 30 2013, 10:36 PM   #40
Crazyewok
Commander

Another tactic would be Jemhadar beaming aboard borg ships with exploisves. They would be cloaked they would reach vital parts then blow themselfs up. If the Dominions smart they will have dead man switched so if the borg detect them and try and assimilate them BANG!

Rember the Jemhadar would sacrifice themself at the drop of a hat. And there is no way they would allow themselfs to be assimilated. They would get limited returns via assimilation.
For every 100,000 borg killed they would get only a handfull of drones.
Old May 31 2013, 06:03 AM   #41
Edit_XYZ
Fleet Captain

Such tactical half-measures are easily adapted to by the borg (by anyone with shield/ forcfield and sensor technology, actually).
The same goes for ship kamikaze attacks.
Old June 1 2013, 07:58 PM   #42
publiusr
Commodore

Jem Hadar would make great drones--not much on individuality to begin with. The Founders would be attacked directly.

I can see them joining with Species 8472/Undine to cause havok.
I'd like to see the conflict myself--that and the ori vs the Wraith for that matter on Stargate.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 08:21 PM   #43
The Overlord
Captain

Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
The Changelings have a lot of distinctiveness to add to the collective. The Jem'Hadar might make good drones, but that's about it.
Except the Jem'Hadar's bodies would die within days without ketracel-white, so unless the Borg are willing and able to produce ketracel-white the Jem'Hadar would likely die and would possibly go insane before dying, causing a lot of problems.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 09:40 PM   #44
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

If you go by Voyager, nanoprobes assimilate by grasping onto blood cells and injecting stuff into them, and they control minds by directly interfacing with a humanoid nervous system. I find it highly unlikely it would work on a changeling. Or even if they could find a Founder in human form and assimilate his cells, they couldn't control his mind because their fake brain is not what does the thinking for them.

The Borg could probably annihilate the Gem'Hadar fleet but I bet the Founders would get away.

But the dominion does not really care about maintaining a empire.....

Its about protecting the founders. Now keeping a empire was the best way but if the borg turned up Im sure the founders would set the whole Gamma quadrent ablaze if needed to protect them.
That's not true. The Founders took it upon themselves to 'Bring order to the solids'. If they didn't care about maintaining an Empire they wouldn't have bothered to invade the AQ.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 10:17 PM   #45
Belz...
Fleet Captain

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
If you go by Voyager, nanoprobes assimilate by grasping onto blood cells and injecting stuff into them, and they control minds by directly interfacing with a humanoid nervous system. I find it highly unlikely it would work on a changeling.
I find it unlikely it would work on a human. The super-fast zombie-like borgification was added for First Contact, and although it adds to the movie-length danger, I find it annoying. Of course, the the-only-thing-we-can-do-is-assimilate also comes from FC and VOY, so...