Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old April 25 2013, 05:22 AM   #31
Worf'sParmach
Commander

Re: Why was Worf's klingon girlfriend pretty?

"Worf's Klingon girlfriend?"

I can't even dignify this question with a response.
Old April 25 2013, 08:47 AM   #32
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Technically it's an accurate term. Kheylar was the only Klingon(or part Klingon) he was ever with, and she refused the whole oath thing only to have Worf refuse it once she got over her cold feet. The only reason Worf even bothered acknowledging that they had mated was so he could kill Duras, otherwise he wouldn't have.

So if not girlfriend, what else would you call her? Friend with benefits? Enemy with benefits?
Old April 25 2013, 07:12 PM   #33
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

R. Star wrote: View Post
Technically it's an accurate term. Kheylar was the only Klingon(or part Klingon) he was ever with, and she refused the whole oath thing only to have Worf refuse it once she got over her cold feet. The only reason Worf even bothered acknowledging that they had mated was so he could kill Duras, otherwise he wouldn't have.

So if not girlfriend, what else would you call her? Friend with benefits? Enemy with benefits?
That whole mate/marriage thing confused the eff out of me.

At the time, I was under the impression that Worf was saying "We had sex, we have to get married. Just howl these few words and we'll be married."

Then when he killed Duras, I thought that she had acquiesced offscreen and according to Klingons, they were married.

Of course later, we see Klingons also have huge elaborate ceremonies such as...well...everyone in Star Trek.

Speaking of which...I'm pretty sure Captains shouldn't be able to ORDER their crew to get naked at weddings.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:15 PM   #34
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Well in Reunion Kheylar tried to get Worf to take the oath. But Worf refused because he had been discommedated and didn't want his dishonor to pass on to Alexander.

Maybe the growl these words and we're married is the Klingon equivalent of Elvis in Vegas? Or maybe just "the oath" is something you take as the equivalent of an engagement? I dunno. Not like our own wedding customs aren't goofy at times.
Old April 25 2013, 07:47 PM   #35
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

Killing such a smart, cynical, well-rounded character as Kheylar just to give Worf an excuse to kill Duras and a little mileage on "Are you my father?" was very short-sighted. It was also short-sided not to keep Alexander on-board. They could have done the Sisko-Jake thing years before they did....but they probably already had enough flak over Wesley.

Especially since the short term effect was to make the great diplomat Picard look dumb (reprimanding Worf) and the long term effect was to make Worf a bad parent.

Edit: I'm watching "Reunion" right now and just realized if they left Kheylar alive, it would be completely unrealistic that every officer on the Enterprise would not constantly be fighting over her.

Last edited by Dale Sams; April 25 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 04:58 AM   #36
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Our eyes are up here PetaQ!
Old April 30 2013, 07:22 PM   #37
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Tosk wrote: View Post
Retu wrote: View Post
Worf was raised by humans so it's quite possible that he might actually prefer women who have more human like features.
His little black book says he does. Jadzia, Ezri, Deanna, half-human K'Ehleyr...he likes 'em as smooth as possible.

Foreheads, that is.
Jadzia, Ezri and Deanna most likely couldn't hurl object as heavy as a full Klingon female allowing Worf to not have to duck so much as he read love poetry.
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 07:26 PM   #38
Borjis
Commodore

R. Star wrote: View Post
Or Suzie Plakson is hot no matter how much makeup she wears?
LOL oddly enough, my friends and I agree that she looks way hotter IN prosthetic makeup. As a Klingon or Vulcan.

and for all of ye getting hot and bothered by OTHER klingon women, remember Soran waving the air/stench in Generations?

They smell like Shit! or does a bird of prey stink like a Submarine with bad air scrubbers?
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 08:24 PM   #39
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Borjis wrote: View Post
They smell like Shit! or does a bird of prey stink like a Submarine with bad air scrubbers?
It was an old, obsolete type of Bird of Prey, I wouldn't be surprised if the environmental systems were no longer up to scratch, especially considering the stereotypical Klingon view towards technical skill
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 06:49 PM   #40
CommanderRyan
Ensign

It seems to me that and I do find it most interesting but it seems to me this thread is now more so what klingons fans find attractive. And the only thing I have to add is as some have already said beauty is in of the beholder. I can honestly say for there species there were alot of beautiful klingons even though some were strong warriors.
CommanderRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 04:18 AM   #41
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Well, Suzi Plakson is a very attractive woman, and she looked good even with a ton of latex on her face.

Of course, this same actress is one of those funny what if's ..

What if in season 3 they decided to instead of bring crusher back, had Dr. Selar take up the CMO duties?

I suspect they much like when they hired Michelle Forbes and later Terry Farrell, they gave the makeup folks the commandment to make her look alien, but not ugly.
Old May 27 2013, 04:20 AM   #42
Dream
Admiral

That's because ugly women and gay people don't exist in Star Trek.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 04:09 PM   #43
Sadara
Lieutenant Commander

View Sadara's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to Sadara

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
Well, Suzi Plakson is a very attractive woman, and she looked good even with a ton of latex on her face.

Of course, this same actress is one of those funny what if's ..

What if in season 3 they decided to instead of bring crusher back, had Dr. Selar take up the CMO duties?

I suspect they much like when they hired Michelle Forbes and later Terry Farrell, they gave the makeup folks the commandment to make her look alien, but not ugly.
A Vulcan doctor as a regular would have been awesome and interesting.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 06:28 PM   #44
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Growing up, I always thought Mara in "The Day of the Dove" was attractive. And she was the first female Klingon we'd ever seen.

So you could argue that female Klingons have been meant to be attractive since Day One.

And, of course, there was Valkris in the third movie, who was clearly intended to have a certain degree of sex appeal.

Last edited by Greg Cox; May 27 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 07:55 PM   #45
xvicente
Commander

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
there was Valkris in the third movie, who was clearly intended to have a certain degree of sex appeal.
Clearly:

but frankly, Star Trek was always about babes.

I am here to talk about Star Trek and chew bubble gum.
and I'm all outta bubble gum.

Last edited by xvicente; May 27 2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: 80085
xvicente is offline   Reply With Quote