Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old May 24 2013, 04:39 PM   #211
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Stargate SG-1 - First time viewing of whole series

^^^
So the season 8 arc is about, partly or in whole, Osiris. Her symbiote is still alive. I'm guessing it's in holding at SGC? So maybe Sarah will appear again. Perhaps trying to recall some crucial info on some Gou'ald plot? We know that the bonding creates some memory imprints, we've seen that with Sam and some others. I'm almost to S8, curious.

7x17 & 7x18 - Heroes Parts 1-2
Not going to lie, when I could tell where this story was going I wasn't overly thrilled. A documentary crew? What I was liking was when Adam Baldwin(Firefly, Chuck) showed up leading an SG team as Col Dixon. I'm not a military expert, are he and Jacks rank as Col equal, are there levels like General? I found the contrast of how his team worked vs SG-1 interesting. Other than knowing other SG teams exist we've seen little of how those teams work as a dynamic. They are mostly just there for backup or are a stranded team as a line of dialogue in the script of that episodes danger.
I had thought it was blatant foreshadowing when they did the "Q branch"(ala James Bond) scene showcasing the new staff weapon armor. I'm guessing it's a derivative of the armor they learned from testing the new Anubis clone warriors? But they never say. So when Jack gets hit, I feel it's a red herring. I'm actually hoping that Dixon's man who got hit(is it Bateman?) is going to be ok, he has a baby due shortly in a few weeks.
Now as a sidebar we also have another one of these oversight reviews being done. This time by Robert Picardo(ST:Voyager). Once it was Simmons(John De Lancie), is it a running gag for STrek to be "judging" SG-1? LOL!
Anyway, so for awhile now I'd felt death was looming and it looked like Col.Dixon's expectant father Bateman(?) would be fodder for that. While not a big name, I had grown to like this team....but oh, no TPTB throw a real monkey wrench in things don't they. While Dr.Frasier is treating Bateman she gets hit with a staff weapon....and dies?!! Seriously now, is Dr.Frasier dead(don't really answer, I know it's sci-fi--Asgardian, Ancients and Tok'ra miracles lurk...right?).
She was just a part time support player so is there a real world reason? Did the Teryl Rothby land a full time gig on another show? I'm avoiding IMDB when these questions arise to not spoil myself, just thinking out loud.
So, the ending took a mediocore, up to that point, show and ended it like that...oh, and Bateman had a baby girl. Named her Janet!
Old May 25 2013, 02:37 AM   #212
The Wormhole
Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
^^^
So the season 8 arc is about, partly or in whole, Osiris.
Not exactly. But the means by which she arrived on Earth do play a crucial part in the season.

I'm not a military expert, are he and Jacks rank as Col equal, are there levels like General?
There are two Colonel ranks, Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel, sometimes referred to informally as a "full bird Colonel." Both O'Neill and Dixon are "full birds" making them equal rank. In fact, the episode has both referring to each other by their first names, which wouldn't be allowed if they weren't equal.

Now as a sidebar we also have another one of these oversight reviews being done. This time by Robert Picardo(ST:Voyager). Once it was Simmons(John De Lancie), is it a running gag for STrek to be "judging" SG-1? LOL!
Heh, interesting observation. I never thought of it that way before.

While Dr.Frasier is treating Bateman she gets hit with a staff weapon....and dies?!! Seriously now, is Dr.Frasier dead(don't really answer, I know it's sci-fi--Asgardian, Ancients and Tok'ra miracles lurk...right?).
She was just a part time support player so is there a real world reason? Did the Teryl Rothby land a full time gig on another show? I'm avoiding IMDB when these questions arise to not spoil myself, just thinking out loud.
Old May 28 2013, 07:35 PM   #213
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

7x19-Resurrection: This episode felt a bit like it was channeling the sci-fi flick Species. A secret N.I.D. facility is found that has been trying to cross breed Gou'ald DNA with Human DNA. Essentially cloning and cross breeding from living cells. We find out it's taken them over 40 tries to "perfect" a living specimen. We find out about it cause the "specimen" manages to kill all but 1 person at the facility and a 911 call is made. Upon arriving on the scene Sams...friend realizes he needs to call them in. The goal is to have a human who can access and benefit from Gou'ald physiology and memories but not be subjected to the Gou'ald mindset. Even at try number 40+ that isn't going to work. I noticed it was Directed by Amanda Tapping. Was this her first directoral gig? On the show? Ever? Pretty good episode for basically a "one set" piece. I mean we were in other locations in the warehouse but I don't recall being at the SGC at all. Even off world episodes usually have a static shock of talking to Hammond in the SGC Command control room.

7x20-Inaguration: A clip show! I don't recall the last one, seemed we had one a season but I don't recall season 6's installment off hand. Also, we have a new President. As much as Hammond likes to talk about his ties to the President and such this sets up a possible transition for things. What makes this episode so much more than a clip show is that we see the political ladder climbing of Kinsey...he's now the VP!!! He brings in Woolsey(Picardo) without missing a beat to try and reorganize the SGC literally on the first day. As far as clip shows goes, this one felt less 'clippy' than most but they used those clips when debriefing the President so the use made perfect sense. I want to say the episode left me wanting to like Woolsey show of character and pride but I don't want to jump to liking him just yet.

7x21&22(?)-Lost City: Since this was twice as long I'm assuming it's defacto episode 22 also. Was it shown like this and if so, why? The SGC, Daniel, believes it is right on top of discovering the Lost City. A clue leads them to site that allegedly has the location but Anubis is also closing in. Last time a human(Jack) tried getting intel out of an Ancient device it about drove him mad and killed him. That mental, memory upload does a number on your gray matter. SG-1 has gotten there first but Anubis comes swooping in with his gliders and Jaffa and clone warriors. Daniel is about to go for the memory upload, Jack stops him, explaining he'll be the one they need to solve everything latter. Jack thrusts himself into the device. SG-1 destroys the Ancients access control and leaves. Anubis is not happy, he has his clone warriors gun down the Jaffa who failed him. Meanwhile our new President, who suspects the public is going to become fully aware of the SG program sooner than later decides change is in order. He installs a civilian leader, replacing Hammond. Kinsey is of course determined as ever to take over control of the SG somehow, someway. When SG-1 indicates we have about 3 days before Anubis shows up wanting the info they got, Kinsey down plays it hard and fast. Master Bra'tec shows up confirming that scouts show Anubis headed toward Earth. I liked the nod to an earlier episode when Thor corrected Kinsey with the instance on "Supreme" Commander, and O'Neill emphasis' that it's "Master" Bra'tec to Kinsey. Lost City is once again linked to the term Atalantis. Is this the beginning of the spinoff? SG-1 finds out on an away mission to another Ancients city that the location of the Lost City is in the Antarctic...or it is now, cause continental drift wasn't accounted for in the map they saw. This of course even more fully explains why that 2nd, older gate, was there to begin with. Anubis shows up with a few scout ships, hanging back himself, waiting to see if Earth is utilizing the stolen info. Kinsey is confident that the scout contingent IS the whole Anubis fleet and wants Prometheus sent out to handle it. Our new President is starting to see the blind error that is Kinsey's thinking. Anubis starts out only attacking communications networks? Seems a bit tame for him don'tcha think? That is about my only plot issue for this two parter. The Prometheus is unleased with....Hammond at the Captains chair as SG-1 makes it's way to Antarctica and finds...the Lost City? They think so at first but then reneg on that idea? I'm starting to think "the secret lies with Charlotte"....I mean how many clues till we find this 'Lost City' already. So the real zinger is that Jack ends up encased in some kind of stasis chamber, like a bug in amber. Victory is had, VP Kinsey is expected to resign(that'll be the day) and the show's over. No victory parade, welcome back Hammond and the Prometheus....it just ends.
Perpelexing final episode with cliff hangers abounding.

OMG, 7 seasons down!! 3 more to go...what a ride so far. Thanks for sticking with me on this journey, your insight has helped me out a few times.
Old May 29 2013, 01:52 PM   #214
AJ86
Captain

The SG-1 phone app game is a kind of epic prequel to Resurrection.
Old May 29 2013, 03:00 PM   #215
The Wormhole
Admiral

Woolsey becomes a more sympathetic character as the show goes on, though he can still be a bit of a dick at times.

Lost City was originally aried as two episodes, but combined into one extended episode for the DVD. Much of it is set up for the Stargate Atlantis series, and indeed Dr. Weir becomes a main character on that show.

Originally Anubis's attack on Earth was going to be a bit more massive, but that had to be scaled back due to budget and the fact the series was going to continue into a new season.
Old June 4 2013, 07:34 PM   #216
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Season 8

8x1-New Order pt.1: With the fallout from last season Dr.Weir is in control of the Stargate and a larger International community wants in on whats located in Antarctica. The SG-1 team of course wants to go in and get Jack. Get him to the Asgards. Prometheus is on guard in orbit. The twist out of the bat is that that the remaining Gou'ald System Lords would like to talk peace after word of what the Tarrae had done to Anubis.
Carter and Teal'C are headed for the Asgard homeworld but when they drop out of warp they find themselves on the gravity edge of a blackhole. Thor shows up literally in the nick of time to save them. Appears the Asgard star has collapsed, hate when that happens. Some Replicators are also causing problems nearby of course. Turns out slo-mo trapped Replicators, now lead by betrayed SG-1 former sympathizer Fifth. He set out to torture Sam...to show how evil he can be I guess. Love is screwed up ain't it. Fifth is taking the Replicators to the new Asgard world where he hopes to destroy them. Thor and Teal'c are in a no win situation and blow up the ship...seemingly taking Carter down with it.

8x2-New Order pt.2: The Gou'ald ambassadors who were talking peace are taken into custody when Dr.Weir and Co. find out an attack fleet is headed for Earth. Thor and Teal'C arrive and Thor beams O'Neill out of status and Daniel to his ship. Jack gets interfaced into the ship so he can communicate, kinda creepy. Jack wants to get the info out of his head that they need before his "mind wipe" begins. Meanwhile we find out Sam is alive, and on a farm with boyfriend Pete...or is she. It's a ruse by Fifth, who kept she and him in tact during the ship's explosion(seems to happen a lot doesn't it). Fifth is trying to discover how to love her, or be loved, by posing as Pete in a projection type state. Back on Earth one of the Gou'ald ambassadors Cammus(sp) defects having nothing to return to but shame. He offers himself up for political assylum while Yu and the others brand him a traitor.
Back with Thor and Jack, Jack has constructed a weapon that can defeat the Replicators(how would the Ancients know about them again?) then Thor wipes his mind. Replicators are saved, new Asgard homeworld saved....the end.
A pretty good opener even if it does have a convienent ending. Really, though how would the Ancient(humanity 1.0 who've ascended) have knowledge in their library banks on how to stop the Replicators? Are they not something new? Other than a nuBSG cycle explanation I got nothing.

8x3-Lockdown: The debris field left over from the destruction of Anubis and his ship is a floating hazzard to a Russian manned team on the ISS. We see as the debris gets close something transfer into the ISS. Cut to some time later and one of the Russians has been transferred to SGC as part of their cooperative efforts with the Russians. It appears the Russian has brought a virus/contagion into SGC. O'Neill locks the place down. Cut to the chase, it's not a contagion it's the disembodied essence of Anubis. Kinda in his ascended state, he has no substance. The Russian agrees to be host in order to rid Anubis of the SGC. They trick Anubis when dialing a destination and send the Russian to an ice world where he freezes up almost instantly, Anubis trapped(?) within. A decent epiosde.

8x4-Zero Hour: Plays out as a week in the life of O'Neill adjusting to being "the man" and all that entails. Mediation of conflicts, allies to meet with, off world teams, Presidential visits and of course cafeteria selections. A new liason has come to the SGC(secretly monitoring Jack for the Pres to see if he's up to the job) and his "helping" Jack out. Zero Hour refers to more accurately when the President comes. Jack deftly handles the situations as they arise but he is stressed about it and has begun to draft his resignation letter. Confessing to Hammond a number of things, such as not appreciating just how tough his job was. The President shows up and the "mole" gives a positive report. This turn of events pleases Jack and he files away the resignation letter.
I really liked this episode, saw the "mole" coming. Wasn't totally sure what exactly he would turn out to be, just knew he was the wildcard to watch that episode.

8x5-Icon: Is the episode that makes the homeworld of Jonas's Quinn look like a picnic. Those guys are locked in political posturing. However, when SG-1 shows up here they inadvertently awaken a sleep cult, that stages a coup and it leads to "nuclear war". As worse a case scenario as I can recall of late demonstrated by what happens when you go knocking on doors that have been closed.
Because of the daring of the episode it gets high marks from me.

8x6-Avatar: Teal'C locked into an AI interactive combat trainer. The program learns from you and is constantly trying to one up you. I get they couldn't unplug the machine from his neural connection cause of the damage it might cause. HOWEVER, no one, not one even suggested just disabling the mechanism that delivers the electric shock. Remove that and the medical issue of course goes away...as does the "drama".
A pass episode I wouldn't rewatch this one again.

8x7-Affinity: Teal'C finally gets permission to have an off base apartment. Along with cover story. Turns out he lucked out and got Erica Durance as his next door neighbor. Lucky alien. I found this character piece for Teal'C to be very enjoyable. As it allowed him to stretch the character and his cover story into every day life. How he'd explain the forehead "tatoo" for example. A solid 180 degrees with back-to-back Teal'C centered episodes. This one I would rewatch again and again.

8x8-Covenant: Here we meet the Richard Branson type tycoon in this episode. A wealthy business leader with his own company, satellites and multi layered ventures. He has managed to capture proof of the Anubis attack + a little something extra via his contract with the government for blind DNA testing. He's a stickler for unadulterated truth and threatens to reveal the truth of SGC, aliens, etc if they(the gov) doesn't do it first. The guy's name is Coulson which post-MCU movies I just find interesting, before that obviously it wouldn't have had an impact at all. Through a series of events Coulson and his staff are nearly killed. He thinks it's the government. Come to find out it's likely(we don't know for certain) a number of corporate rivals. We find out here via Sam that the government is handing over some of the alien tech to think tanks, in exchange for their silence, to reverse engineer and find applicable every day uses that might benefit humanity. So these people have millions in R&D + down the road retail sales to lose if Coulson goes public. Ah, the almighty dollar strikes again as the undercurrent foe.
Coulson is later found to have some IRS troubles after an audit(feels highly familiar right about now given the real world situation). Anyway an enjoyable episode. What I wonder is if now that Coulson has been brought in on things could his company help the Asgards out by cloning more bodies. They need them. The one he did clone is mentioned to be going to an Asgard who needs it.
Old June 5 2013, 03:44 AM   #217
The Wormhole
Admiral

Really, though how would the Ancient(humanity 1.0 who've ascended) have knowledge in their library banks on how to stop the Replicators? Are they not something new? Other than a nuBSG cycle explanation I got nothing.

What I wonder is if now that Coulson has been brought in on things could his company help the Asgards out by cloning more bodies.
His company is now bankrupt, which severely limits what they can do.
Old June 5 2013, 07:39 PM   #218
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Since it'll be awhile before I cycle to Atlantis I clicked that. It makes more sense now, thanks.

Well companies still work during a bankruptcy. I forget the differences but one of the levels allows for restructuring etc. Despite the way it left us with his company's status I just figured it wouldn't go away Enron style or something.
Old June 5 2013, 07:54 PM   #219
MacLeod
Admiral

I think the problem withe Asgard, is basically they were making copies of a copy. Try Photocopying something, then photocopy your copy keep on repeating photocopying the copy.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old June 6 2013, 04:33 PM   #220
AJ86
Captain

Yeah... I've never really bought that explanation. Why would they need to be making copies of copies of copies? They have to technology to preserve replicate whatever they like, there's no reason why they couldn't have just kept their original DNA. It makes no sense that they wouldn't have foreseen the degradation, or at least stopped making copies of copies when they did realise it.
Old June 6 2013, 05:50 PM   #221
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

8x9-Sacrifices: Get your tux on cause Rya'C is getting married to a gal from Ishta's clan of Jaffa. Good to see Jolene Blalock back again(especially seeing as how Enterprise is still on). The thrust of the episode seems to be about gender equality among Ishta's group of Jaffa rebels. Discarding the old ways. Rya'Cs new bride balks at kneeling to him during the ceremony. Bra'tec with the funny line about "seeing the need to rehearse these things". Ishta and her Jaffa have mostly been fighting against the Gou'ald Molock and intel leads them to believe their base may have been discovered. The SGC locates a new world to relocate them and a hastily done summitt is convened for Ishta and other rebel Jaffa. We discover that a plant must be in the midst as Molock shows up and slaughters the participants. Ishta Teal'C and another manage to escape. Molock ends up capturing Ista and torturing her. The SGC is able to send in an armed drone to even the odds and all ends mostly well...except for lots of dead Jaffa.
Rya'C and his bride mend their ways and get married. Teal'C asks him if he's ready for a certain "honeymoon" procedure and that to make sure the knife his sharp. Rya'C wryly smiles and says maybe some of the old customs can be done away with. I'm thinking this was a circumcision joke?

8x10-Endgame: Those bastards who tried to kill Industrialist Coulson from a few episodes ago are back, The Trust. They have plants all over top secret bases. One of their plants manages to place a homing beacon on the Stargate and it's beamed right out of the SGC. This is the first episode that reveals how Osiris got to Earth and that she has a cloacked ship in orbit. Which the Trust has managed to get ahold of via their spys within Area 51. Come to find out they are going to use the Tok'ra poison(last seen in like S6) to wipe out Gou'ald dominated worlds. Any Jaffa are seen as casualties of war. Sam argues they've been bred that way, they are just following orders when one of the Trust members throws out the historical "geez, where have I heard that before" line. They manage to attack a number of worlds, one was a rebel Jaffa site. Now I'm unsure and they never say but the look on Tea'C's face has me wondering, was that where Ishta went? Did the writers kill Ishta off camera just now? The SGC is able to locate Osiris ship and reclaim the Stargate. However, one Trust member is able to escape with the ship anyway and it's payload of Tok'ra poison. No doubt a follow up to this is coming. While The Trust's actions can be seen as extreme, I'm not so sure it's not an acceptable war time move. The only thing I'd alter is to alert rebel Jaffa ahead of time that the poison is coming and to be gone, Tok'ra as well. They will lose as many lives trying to convert loyal Jaffa as they might gain. The Gou'ald are at war with the Tarrae, it's a zero sum game for them. May as well play by their rules.

8x11-Gemini: The Replicator Sam Carter contacts the SGC, saying she's fleeing Fifth and wants to be destroyed. O'Neill has an awkward moment comment about "be nice if there were two Sam Carters". Replicators are clearly The Borg of this show as I suspected they might be not long after they appeared. Replicator Sam doesn't really want to die, she wants to kill Fifth and take his place as the leader of the Replicators. Which happens. So basically Sam Carter(replicate) wants to rule the universe...nice. Out of these 4 episodes on this disc this was my least favorite actually. What does Gate fandom think of this one?

8x12-Prometheus Unbound: Claudia Black turns up, I knew the Farscape alum were coming in the later season, seen the DVD covers. Aeryn is first and it was a fun episode! Also showing back up is General Hammond. I admit the way he was talking about wanting to "be in on the action" and having regret about sending men out who never returned gave a specter of death over this episode. Black plays a human who shows up and to her surprise is able to commandeer the Prometheus away from it's crew, all except Daniel Jackson. She also has come into some of the advanced energy absorbing armor of Anubis' clone warriors which aids her in that end. Hammond and Co. are all transported to a disabled Gou'ald ship. There is some humor with a technician who has continual hiccups, but is seemingly cured by shows end. It also seems like the spinoff show Atlantis must be airing now as it's mentioned Hammond is taking Daniel with him on the Prometheus to get to their last known location to begin a rescue attempt. When they get Vala's distress signal and it's only a few minutes off course that's why this story unfolds in the first place. So whenever I get around to Atlantis I should rewatch this episode...or not?
Vala feeds Daniel a line about being a freedom fighter cause she used to be host to a Gou'ald....but got better. She's trying to free her people and this ship will enable them to transport all of them to safety. Nobel cause, Daniel says why didn't you just ask. Vala has put the ship locked into a rendezvous coordinates and when Daniel is able to take the ship back and put her in the brig he finds out their stop is to pick up some refined weapons grade naquadia. The reveal of his name to the weapons dealer is priceless....I'm....Solo....Han, Solo.
Back on the disabled Gou'ald ship Hammond pulls a James Kirk and does all the heavy lifting himself....and almost dies. They led us that way for a few minutes those punk writers.
Hammond gets the crystals needed to re-power the ship and he catches up to the Prometheus and Daniel and bails him out. Vala is now their prisoner....and as she states, what are you going to do do with me? Can't wait to find out. Will she be the new Jonas Quinn type character. SG-1 has tip toed around a 3 member team for awhile now and I know she's a regular next season. Seen the DVD covers at the store and all.
Really, really enjoyed this episode. A repeat viewer of an ep for sure.
Old June 6 2013, 06:03 PM   #222
The Wormhole
Admiral

No, Ishta was not killed in Endgame.

I agree with you about Gemini. Always found that one boring.

It isn't necessary to rewatch Prometheus Unbound when you get to Atlantis. It has no actual impact on Atlantis storylines at all.
Old June 11 2013, 04:42 PM   #223
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

8x13-It's Good to be King: What's more humorus, Harry as a 'King' or Wayne Brady as a First Prime....to Ares. Is this the first Greek God we've had a name for? First one I've noticed. So the planet that the Tok'ra found sanctuary for Harry is about to come under attack, or at worst be re-conqured by fleeing system Lords as Ba'al is handily defeating his Gou'ald rivals. Jack reluctantly authorizes a rescue party for Harry where they find he's been made King!! Harry reveals he found an abandoned temple area of the Ancients with inscriptions that foretold future events. Harry figured out how to read it and the simpler minded people made Harry the Prophet into their King. He also taught them irrigation, medicines and other things to better their living situation.
The crux of the episode though is how the Ancients were predicting the future on this planet. Seems they had a time travel ship that just so happens to be nearby...but it needs an Ancient to fly it. Jack due to his mental downloads is chosen, although I don't get why Daniel wasn't a candidate to fly the time ship, he did ascend after all. So while SG-1 takes out Ares, it seems(we didn't see a body or anything), in self defense---which only helps Ba'al right? I mean Ares was fleeing Ba'al, SG-1 came to relocate Harry and while the Tarre may not have an alliance with the System Lords(despite trying) this can't be seen as favorable to future talks. Assuming there are future talks. So what will we learn from the time ship? Is this the only time ship? How wide spread was Ancient Time travel. They get bored just watching and doing nothing in the present?

8x14-Full Alert: So Kinsey is back. The disgraced former Vice-President shows up at Jack's house claiming to have knowledge he needs, or could use. I think while maybe not needed, it would've been nice to hear about some fallout of a new administrations Vice-President resigning. The Trust shows back up and it appears they've been infected with Gou'alds. They in turn take Kinsey back and infect him with a Gou'ald. Was a bit unclear on all this. Even after The Trust infected Gou'ald place a 'snake' in Kinsey they are still not friends. Wouldn't the Gou'ald in Kinsey be aligned with the others? Even if Kinsey himself wasn't. That bit lost me. The goal of the Trust is to turn Russia against the US as it relates to the SGC program. The Trust was set to prove the US government had been infiltrated and ultimately start a nuclear war. Showing Kinsey, a disgraced VP as infected serves that end. Things did get tense. I always enjoy seeing Gary Chalk though. Second best Optimus Prime cartoon voice after Peter Cullen. The Prometheus is sent to stop the Alkesh aka Osiris old ship and a struggle ensues aboard it. Kinsey kills a number, if not all of the Gou'ald infected Trust members on board. Again, why didn't the Gou'ald in Kinsey assert control and stop that? Feels like a plot hole. Kinsey was able to get ahold of the wrist transort device we saw. So when the Prometheus destroys the Alkesh it appears Kinsey and Co. died. I doubt we've seen the last of Kinsey the Snake.

8x15-Citizen Joe: Having gotten quite a few clip shows that progressed the show forward this one was a let down. I kinda kept waiting for 'Stylin Joe' to be important in some way and instead we got a mediocre comedy episode that at best reveals Jack enjoyed the mundane experiences that were cross shared with Joe.
Old June 12 2013, 03:20 AM   #224
The Wormhole
Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Seems they had a time travel ship that just so happens to be nearby...but it needs an Ancient to fly it. Jack due to his mental downloads is chosen, although I don't get why Daniel wasn't a candidate to fly the time ship, he did ascend after all.
O'Neill's ability to fly the timeship actually has more to do with his Ancient gene. Ancient technology is DNA encoded so only an Ancient can use it, but some humans possess a gene which make Ancient tech recognize them as an Ancient. O'Neill does, Daniel doesn't. This is explained better in Atlantis.

Even after The Trust infected Gou'ald place a 'snake' in Kinsey they are still not friends. Wouldn't the Gou'ald in Kinsey be aligned with the others? Even if Kinsey himself wasn't. That bit lost me.
It's common for Goa'uld to willingly sacrifice another to advance their own goals. When Kinsey Snakehead realized his place on the totem pole, he was naturally pissed.
Old June 19 2013, 04:56 PM   #225
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

8x16 & 8x17 - Reckoning pts1&2:
Anubis and Ba'al have their hands full now that Replicator Carter is leading the Replicators against them. Ba'al has agreed to serve Anubis and act as his avatar but we know Ba'al, he's looking out for #1. In doing so he attempts to enlist the aid of the SGC into helping destroy the Replicators. Gen. O'Neill is all puzzled and says why would we do that, no. Since Anubis fleet is so distracted by the Replicators one of his strongholds on a planet called Dakara, where the Jaffa enslavement is said to have begun is left with a paltry amount to defend it. Word gets around that Dakar actually has a temple built by the Ancients that might just have the key to destroying the Replicators. Under Anubis' rotting nose the whole time but didn't know it. The Jaffa manage to take Dakara and SG-1 along with Selmack/Jacob Carter begin trying to obtain the the Ancients weapon. Meanwhile Anubis is not happy and sends a contingent to retake Dakara. Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock. They manage to get the weapon and find out it's original purpose was to destroy all life by separating the building blocks(peptides, aminos?). They just have to retool it for the Replicators...and who helps out Ba'al...cause you know he's a god, all knowing. Which he enjoys saying to spite them, Jacob Carter is all "lucky guess". Somewhere in here I should've mentioned that Daniel is captured by Replicator Carter and being interrogated on her ship that is battling Anubis' fleet. They get the device to work, Replicators fall, as does the ship which means Replicator Carter dead...Daniel dead? Again. Anubis and Ba'al who knows, they'll turn back up but the Jaffa Nation is founded this glorious day and Dakar will be there home.

8x18-Threads: This episode really has a lot going on. Some develpoment of the building Jaffa Nation with Teal'C and Master Bra'tec given early high positions of honor. Bra'tec reminding Teal'C that this is why he joined the Tarrae in the first place and he can now leave them. That is an unsettling thought which he doesn't answer yet. Selmac is dying and along with her Jacob Carter. Selmac had been critical for some time and kept it quite while plans for Sam's wedding were underway.
We learn that the CIA has a liason with the SGC, named Kerry Johnson whose coordinating to track down any possible remaining Gou'ald on Earth. She and Jack have struck up quite the hush/hush relationship.
Daniel meanwhile is basically in a version of the Elysian Fields of the Ancients. He's not dead but not alive either, he's stuck in this "pit stop" cafe where Oma who helped him last time is there. Along with a jolly man who is the only one that will talk to Daniel. The other Ancients in the diner ignore him. He feeds Daniel news of what Anubis is now planning. We learn Oma is a bit of an outcast herself, why, she allowed herself to be tricked into helping a young Anubis ascend. For some reason when he was cast down his form was of the half/half which is why he always needs new hosts. We also learn the jolly man is Anubis Ancient avatar self. Oma decides to rectify her mistake and she and him flash out in a display of light. Is Anubis dead now? Daniel is returned to life at episodes end, stark naked to Jack's office.
Also, Sam calls it off with Pete. In an odd display during the show where it looks like Sam wants to speak her heart to Jack she finds Kerry there. Who reads the signs and later calls it off with Jack.
Episode ends and the whole SG-1 goes fishing in Jack's pond, that has no fish. And which Jack has been trying to get Sam to do for some time and she replies, almost in answer to a question no one asked, "We should've done this a long time ago."

8x19 & 8x20 - Moebius pts1&2:
A time travel episode to end S8, interesting choice. The SGC still has the Ancients time warp ship from the King Harry episode. So, Katherine has died, another tie back to the movie. Daniel goes to speak at her funeral and her niece gives her the eye of Ra, saying she'd wanted you to have it. She thought of him as a son she never had. He also has been willed many of ther things and Daniel tells her where to send them. It felt they were maybe going for an attraction vibe with the niece also. Maybe she come back into play in the last two seasons.
It's also detailed via Sam that the AirForce is working on a new class of interstellar ship, to be called the Daedalus. Among the new pieces from Katherine Daniel discovers a book which chronicles that Ra had in his possession a ZPM, but didn't know what it was. This is why they time travel, to get something valuable that Ra will never know to miss. They actually get the device rather easy with the time ship. But the cloaked time ship is discovered by Jaffa soldiers, how, blown sand is revealing it's profile.
SG-1, using their camcorder, record messages for themselves, bury it so it's unearthed later. Apparently the timeline has shifted now. The rebellion that was to occur still happens this time lead by SG-1. However, instead of Ra leaving and the Gate being buried, Ra takes it with him. This act means it's never discovered in 1929, things change. The fun of the episode is seeing the retired Jack chartering fishing boat expeditions on his boat 'The Homer'. Sam is a nerdy self-esteem lacking research doctor. Daniel is teaching ELL classes to immigrants. This altered time line bunch goes back in time after some work by altered Daniel and Sam on a tablet "original Daniel" made to clue them into events like the second gate in Antarctica.
Shorten this up.....there are fish in Jack's pond. So we are essentially in, at the least, a minimally altered timeline. So we could discover things in these last two seasons that are a hair different...or more, right?

Well, 8 seasons down, I see this one is now 20 episodes. I'm guessing the last two will be as well? Following the more standard sci-fi channel episode quota. Can't believe how close to the end of this journey I am.