Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 23 2013, 04:09 PM   #16
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek III - The Vengeance Of Khan

Robert_T_April wrote: View Post
My guess is that we will see Khan again, but not in Star Trek 3.
I'm going to assume that Abrams will comb through the original episodes and come up with a cool idea that way as they are on their 5 year mission now, and no doubt will encounter many of the things they encountered in the original timeline.
I do believe Khan will be back though...just not in Trek 3
Star Trek XIV: The Voyage to Ceti Alpha V

Last edited by Amasov; May 23 2013 at 04:46 PM.
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 07:28 PM   #17
CorporalClegg
Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
It's the Borg next.
Yup.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 07:49 PM   #18
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander

View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile

Borg Tribble alliance vs. Starfleet/Klingons
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 07:55 PM   #19
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)

It must, then, include musical numbers. If there is no song to commemorate the Great Tribble Hunt, I will boycott the next movie.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 07:59 PM   #20
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow

Hopefully BC will be back he's proven to be a good villain he's sent asleep and sent to ceti alpha five awoken by the klingons kirk comes back from his historic 5 year mission and khan has his revenge.. Kirk defeats him carol leaves the enterprise after kirk puts her in danger with his unborn son... Spock and McCoy leave starfleet Spock goes back to new Vulcan to perform kolinar,Scotty sees the refit of the enterprise and kirk is promoted to admiral. Uhura splits up with spock Chekov and sula are promoted and stay with the refit enterprise. Kirk also promotes newly assigned captain Matt decker to the enterprise.....
Old May 23 2013, 08:06 PM   #21
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

Early 2016, Star Trek:The Klingon War animated series.
May 2016, Star Trek III: Borg King Khan. Kirk and Starfleet are desperate and losing badly, so they ask Khan to help with the Borg threat. But he has other plans.

No? Ok.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 08:13 PM   #22
Norsehound
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Khan got more or less what he wanted by being back in the tube asleep with his people safe. Didn't seem to me that he really wanted to destroy the human race or anything- that was just a stated presumption by spock based on Prime Spock's recollections.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
It's the Borg next.
Yup.
Please leave TNG-things alone. New Trek is a return to the Original Series which has been pretty much abandoned since TNG came on the air in 1987. We've already had the Gorn in the video game, but what about the Tholians? There's lots of stuff from the original series that hasn't been seen since it originally aired!

Besides the Borg have been so overused at this point I think you'd get a lot of groaners in the audience. Was anyone really happy to see them return for Enterprise?

I think major confrontation with the Klingons is the next thing up, if they aren't going to revisit something else from the Original Series. The Klinks are the designated antagonists for many TOS episodes and production and maybe a showdown with them is due.
Norsehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 08:14 PM   #23
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Star Trek 13.31
Old May 23 2013, 08:22 PM   #24
mos6507
Captain

elric428 wrote: View Post
Looks like no Khan for the next one....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-trek-darkness

' It was like, "OK, so, just … we'll call it 'Khans and Not-Khans' … 'Khan or Not to Khan' — and then it was like, "Fuck it! We're doing it!"'

Such maturity and nuanced thought in the screenwriting. Is it any wonder Hollywood movies are dumb?
Old May 23 2013, 08:24 PM   #25
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Norsehound wrote: View Post
Please leave TNG-things alone.
Why? TNG and its spin-offs played with TOS toys all the time.

People have been wanting to see Kirk vs. the Borg since Q, Who.
Old May 23 2013, 08:29 PM   #26
BillJ
Admiral

mos6507 wrote: View Post

' It was like, "OK, so, just … we'll call it 'Khans and Not-Khans' … 'Khan or Not to Khan' — and then it was like, "Fuck it! We're doing it!"'

Such maturity and nuanced thought in the screenwriting. Is it any wonder Hollywood movies are dumb?
Have you ever written a Hollywood film?

It sounds alot like other productions I've read up on, including Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek: Insurrection.
Old May 23 2013, 08:37 PM   #27
Norsehound
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I dunno, I guess I just think TOS should be good enough on it's own without having to pull from later TNG+ material. It's fine with cameo appearances, but as a major antagonist? The Borg again?

For a long while now I've wanted to see the Gorn, the Tholians, First Federation, and other TOS entities get enough screen time and attention to compete with the Romulans and Klingons for prime antagonist spots. They've mostly been sidelined since TNG came on the air, though the Tholians got a brief surge during Enterprise. Still wishing for more though.

The game Gorn were fantastic! Would be a nice change to see them become as great of an adversary to the Federation as the Klingons are.
Norsehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 08:39 PM   #28
BillJ
Admiral

I dunno, I guess I just think TOS should be good enough on it's own without having to pull from later TNG+ material. It's fine with cameo appearances, but as a major antagonist? The Borg again?
By the time Star Trek 2016 hits theaters, it'll have been twenty years since the Borg were seen on the big-screen.

For the 50th Anniversary, I'll imagine they will want to put on a show.
Old May 23 2013, 08:56 PM   #29
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

It's the Borg next.

Not sure what else you can do with Khan in a next movie that they didn't already do here.
That's what I'm thinking. Probably a mash up of Q Who and The Best of Both Worlds. The Narada's incursion and subsequent Vengeance happenings arouse the interest of Q about a hundred years early

They did a good job recasting Khan, I'd be interested to see who Abrams and co. would cast as Q (I also wouldn't mind seeing both Anna Torv and John Noble being given characters in this universe).
Old May 23 2013, 08:56 PM   #30
CorporalClegg
Admiral

For a long while now I've wanted to see the Gorn, the Tholians, First Federation, and other TOS entities get enough screen time and attention to compete with the Romulans and Klingons for prime antagonist spots. They've mostly been sidelined since TNG came on the air, though the Tholians got a brief surge during Enterprise. Still wishing for more though.

The game Gorn were fantastic! Would be a nice change to see them become as great of an adversary to the Federation as the Klingons are.
Space zombies have mass appeal potential. Space lizards and/or insects are a novelty.