Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 13 2013, 06:06 PM   #256
SG-17
Commodore

Re: Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Well that is nice. Now I'll have to watch one by alternate means. I enjoyed having Revolution on Monday and Arrow on Wednesday to watch...

Arrow gets priority for me.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 09:22 AM   #257
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I've got 2 DVRs so that's almost never a problem for me except for the night's where both the Lakers are playing and Conan is on and other shows I regularly watch,
Old May 14 2013, 06:00 PM   #258
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I wish they would just get to it now. It's pretty obvious that Miles is really Charlie's father. With the reveal that Miles and Rachel had a fling it just makes it more obvious a possibility.
Old May 15 2013, 12:02 AM   #259
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Did they just travel 400+ miles in one scene transporting a guy in a coma? And poor Charlie... dude's got to have one epic case of morning breath.
Old May 15 2013, 11:49 AM   #260
EmoBorg
Captain

Monroe's paranoia makes Stalin's behavior look tame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z9R57maGvc
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 02:37 PM   #261
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Did they just travel 400+ miles in one scene transporting a guy in a coma? And poor Charlie... dude's got to have one epic case of morning breath.
They do seem to have a slight issue with geographic/temporal relationships in this show. Still watchable, though. Miles is getting pretty dark and I SOOO want Neville to get clipped. He really ought to not get too smug. He's a little too new to the GF and too many people on both sides want to see him hang.
Old May 15 2013, 11:18 PM   #262
Morpheus 02
Commodore

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Yoda wrote: View Post
They do seem to have a slight issue with geographic/temporal relationships in this show. Still watchable, though. Miles is getting pretty dark and I SOOO want Neville to get clipped. He really ought to not get too smug. He's a little too new to the GF and too many people on both sides want to see him hang.

Monroe is SOOO boring and uncharismatic..how did he take control of a whole Republic in the first place?

While you're right about Neville &being smug...he ought to assassinate Monroe and take his title...scratch off a line on the logo for the Neville Republic!
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 02:46 AM   #263
JD
Admiral

I don't hate Monroe as much as a lot of people do, but I do have to admit that Neville would be a much more interesting Big Bad.
As for the episode, I thought it was pretty good. It was interesting seeing Miles & Rachel back when he was still with the the Republic.
I was shocked when Rachel didn't help the kid, but I think it really was the smart move. On top of what she said, it would probably create a pretty bad situation for her and Aaron. If word got out about what she did, then they would probably end up with tons of people after them.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 08:17 AM   #264
Yoda
Rear Admiral

What an exciting murder mystery. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Still two more to limp through on the season. Maybe they can end on a high note and improve next season but I can't say I'm very confident at this point.
Old May 21 2013, 08:59 AM   #265
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Rachel figured out that Aaron is hopelessly in love with her, decides to commit suicide in 6 or 7 hours, and doesn't take him to heaven before she checks out?

What a bitch.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 11:02 AM   #266
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Maybe she is still pining for Jamie Lannister from her time on Lost?
Old May 22 2013, 03:27 AM   #267
JD
Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't expect Miles friend to betray them, I liked him.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 03:39 PM   #268
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't expect Miles friend to betray them, I liked him.
I agree. I think this episode was solid. Only character that seems odd is Randall Flynn played by Colm Feore - first he's the bad ass defense dept guy that turned off the lights.

But in this past week's epsiode he seems like a coward next to Monroe. What gives?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 04:43 PM   #269
Tom
Rear Admiral

Nice to know If i put my lawnmower away for 15 year with a full tank of gas, it will work fine... Seriously let just syphon 15 year only gas from other helicopters it will work fine. LOL

Also, how long does it take to drive from Philly to Atlanta.. The timing and distance feels all wrong with this show.
Old May 22 2013, 05:19 PM   #270
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
Also, how long does it take to drive from Philly to Atlanta.. The timing and distance feels all wrong with this show.
13 hours if you don't stop

On the gas thing - Ricks group, in The Walking Dead not only are able to find gas months/over a year after the zombies show up - but also keep the car clean, and mow the grass at the prison.

These kind of nitpicks don't bug me.

BTW, a little reserach yielded this:

Fuel Stability Foam. Fuel Kleenik is a stability foam which is suspended in the diesel fuel in the tank. It has been developed and tested by Department of Defence and is claimed to keep the fuel stable for up to 10 years. The disadvantages are:
• it does not work where fungus and water are present which is why it is suspended in the fuel.
• its size is 2100mm x 200mm x 200mm so it has to be dropped in through a hatch.
Fuel 'bladders,' will also greatly increase how long gasolinei s viable

Also, regarding Jet fuel for Monroe's drones - it lasts forever:

As far as I know, Jet fuel does not go "bad" nor varnish up like auto gas does. If the fuel is "dry" then it can be stored indefinitely. It may be a good idea from time to time to recirculate/stir the fuel in the tank/s and filter vessel. This helps take water/impurites, if any are present, to the filter to keep the fuel clean and dry.

Last edited by DarthTom; May 22 2013 at 05:40 PM.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote