Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 21 2013, 08:26 AM   #811
lurok
Commodore

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Marketing is going to be interesting. All those Oscar winners and nominees.
Old May 21 2013, 12:05 PM   #812
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

AvBaur wrote: View Post
If that's the body suit, I don't even see a difference to the makeup. Lookin' good!
I was thinking the very same thing! I have no idea how they did this. We see her navel and it does not look like an extra layer has been added to her body.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 12:40 PM   #813
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Looks like they might have left an opening down the front for the sake of allowing her breasts to sit more naturally and revealing her navel. Though there does seem to be a seam at right around collar height, so I'm not sure how that works.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 05:56 PM   #814
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Since she mentioned it went to the neck I focused there as well and felt I could faintly make out the seam of the suit. In action it won't be noticeable though.

Maybe its more of a two piece instead of bodysuit, as some said, that sure looks like her navel. Still not sure where the seams would be next or where the break in the bodysuit would occur, as some suggested to reveal the navel. At the scales perhaps? That way the seam is disguised there?

That's more thought than I care to put into this "costume" really. I just want an awesome DOFP movie!!! The costume I really want would be Mystique in her more traditional white dress or even white body suit, both with skull emblazoned belt. Why can't we get that? We have variations of other "true" comic outfit translations.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 06:57 PM   #815
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Captain Craig wrote: View Post

That's more thought than I care to put into this "costume" really. I just want an awesome DOFP movie!!! The costume I really want would be Mystique in her more traditional white dress or even white body suit, both with skull emblazoned belt. Why can't we get that? We have variations of other "true" comic outfit translations.
Yeah, I'd like to see the classic costume too. Its never been a huge deal, but I don't like her "naked" movie look. It was stupid the first time I saw it in X1, and its still stupid. It doesn't take away from the story or character, but am definately not a fan of the look.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 07:39 PM   #816
Xavier_Storma
Lieutenant Commander

kirk55555 wrote: View Post

Yeah, I'd like to see the classic costume too. Its never been a huge deal, but I don't like her "naked" movie look. It was stupid the first time I saw it in X1, and its still stupid. It doesn't take away from the story or character, but am definately not a fan of the look.
You mean you want those ugly yellow costumes? Come on seriously? I mean COME ON SERIOUSLY?

They are horrible. No, they should stay away from them as far as possible. I liked their suits in FIRST CLASS.
Old May 21 2013, 07:47 PM   #817
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

^^^^^^^
You clearly missed the whole sentence about her WHITE dress costume or WHITE bodysuit.

Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 07:52 PM   #818
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Like captain Craig said, we're talking about her classic look. I think it could be done well in live action, and it looks cool, much better than her naked look.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 08:10 PM   #819
Xavier_Storma
Lieutenant Commander

^^^^^^^
You clearly missed the whole sentence about her WHITE dress costume or WHITE bodysuit.

Nah... maybe it is because I am a fan of the films and AFTER watching X1 to X3 checked a few comics (none of them every captured the movie spirit IMHO... yes there are people who love the (Fo)X-Men movies). I like the naked Mystique and always wondered why they put that white costume on her in the comics...
Old May 21 2013, 10:59 PM   #820
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

The white dress is her iconic look. I know they've put her in various red and black things in recent years, but you show that picture to anyone who has ever read an x-men comic or watched the 90s cartoon and they know exactly who it is. If you just have her as a naked blue chick, she isn't nearly as recognizable.

In general, the scales and greased back orange hair have never done it for me.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Old May 21 2013, 11:04 PM   #821
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I liked how naked Mystique actually makes sense for a shapeshifter. When she mimics someone, she also mimics their clothes which are themselves part of her. The alternative is to have her spending half the time knocking people out and nicking their outfits.

Having said all that, I think they cheat with this a few times in FC as I think there are a few time where her clothes change while she's supposed to be wearing actual clothes.

It would be neat if at some point they do give the classic white dress a nod, but I can't say as I miss it. I have to ask though, why a skull belt?
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 11:06 PM   #822
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Because skulls are cool.

I could do without the skull honestly, but it would be nice to see her in white.
Old May 21 2013, 11:17 PM   #823
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

If that's the body suit, I don't even see a difference to the makeup. Lookin' good!
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner. It's both better and faster to put on.
Old May 21 2013, 11:37 PM   #824
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner. It's both better and faster to put on.
It definitely looks more like a suit and a lot of the more dramatic scales on the shoulders and arms are gone (unless they are put on top of the bodysuit). If the difference will actually matter on screen is still to be seen. The makeup job wasn't nearly as good as the one on Romijn anyways.
Old May 22 2013, 12:02 AM   #825
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

Reverend wrote: View Post
I liked how naked Mystique actually makes sense for a shapeshifter. When she mimics someone, she also mimics their clothes which are themselves part of her. The alternative is to have her spending half the time knocking people out and nicking their outfits.

Having said all that, I think they cheat with this a few times in FC as I think there are a few time where her clothes change while she's supposed to be wearing actual clothes.

It would be neat if at some point they do give the classic white dress a nod, but I can't say as I miss it. I have to ask though, why a skull belt?
I don't understand why, if she can make clothes from herself when she's in disguise, she wouldn't just make clothes from herself when she's not in disguise, just so she would be, y'know, clothed, and not naked.

If she has modesty when she appears normal, why would she suddenly lose that modesty when she's blue and scaly? In fact, I think it would psychologically make more sense for her to have more modesty in her true form, rather than when she's costumed to look like someone else.

And the bodysuit does look pretty incredible. Wonder if they'll be able to keep it from bunching up on the inside of her joints.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote